Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 7, 2016

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Holy crap Sakamoto is a giant amazing dork :3: and I'm glad he is a friend to slugs ...sort of

s-same :cripes: :kimchi:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 8, 2016

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I watched this show and I don't know if it was good. I just sat there, in puzzlement, thinking of my life and Sakamoto's

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I would not mind sakamoto tutoring me for health class...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The best chapter is next episode!

But this one was hilarious. All the girls shifting into attack mode was incredible.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
The Pushing Sumo fight was fantastic! This show puts a stupid grin on my face every week.

Camera Girl episode is gonna be great.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I was starting to think this show's gimmick was getting old and worn but this episode sure showed me.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Hopefully people can actually watch this, because the live action music video for the OP is glorious - with four times the Sakamoto. :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAiy_mu8Ds

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CryingAthena posted:

Hopefully people can actually watch this, because the live action music video for the OP is glorious - with four times the Sakamoto. :kimchi:

Man, I want a live action version of this series now.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

CryingAthena posted:

Oh wow! The OP doesn't actually do much for me, especially compared with Sakamoto's theme but that was a great video :)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looks like the final episode is going to be dvd only.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

:rip:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
now i hate earthquakes even more

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

I watched this show and I don't know if it was good. I just sat there, in puzzlement, thinking of my life and Sakamoto's

It's good

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:allears:

It was perfect. The copier part is what made me truly love the manga in the first place and the ending sequence's lighting was a gorgeous touch.

DVD-only final episode sucks, though. I need my Sakamoto fix.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

As someone who looks uncomfortably similar to Sera I appreciated this episode.

The tactical espionage action in the first half had me actually laughing out loud after a few episodes of mere chuckles.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

poo poo got really dire this week

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Of all the anime this season to have a clear antagonist/villain I wasn't expecting Sakamoto to go down that route. :suspense:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

1) Boys are so generally dumb that I can't even complain about how that resolved

2) The feels :3:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i only just noticed in the OP, like, it's not that he's passing by some really shocked person (who would be the only character in the OP that isn't Sakamoto, which is heresy), I just realized he put his coat on an anatomy model and is probably using it as a clothes model mannequin

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Gyra_Solune posted:

i only just noticed in the OP, like, it's not that he's passing by some really shocked person (who would be the only character in the OP that isn't Sakamoto, which is heresy), I just realized he put his coat on an anatomy model and is probably using it as a clothes model mannequin

it was naked, so he gave it his shirt

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

He didn't want it to catch a cold.

After next episode we will have passed the current translated manga chapter. If you want to check it out here is the link:
http://bato.to/reader#fecbdc7b0cebf210_2

Can Sakamoto's VA sing German opera that's what I want to see.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

EzEight posted:

Can Sakamoto's VA sing German opera that's what I want to see.

I know of VAs in Japan who, surprisingly enough, are fluent or almost fluent in German. Tried to see if Midorikawa Hikaru's past anime roles show anything like that but I couldn't really find anything. Not that the anime can't just put in a tape version of German opera and call it a day, but hearing Japanese actors and voice actors speak foreign languages properly is always kind of amazing. :allears: The anime industry's more known for under-utilizing foreign language savvy VAs, though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CryingAthena posted:

I know of VAs in Japan who, surprisingly enough, are fluent or almost fluent in German. Tried to see if Midorikawa Hikaru's past anime roles show anything like that but I couldn't really find anything. Not that the anime can't just put in a tape version of German opera and call it a day, but hearing Japanese actors and voice actors speak foreign languages properly is always kind of amazing. :allears: The anime industry's more known for under-utilizing foreign language savvy VAs, though.

I know for a fact that Miyuki Sawashiro, Sayaka Ohara and Chiwa Saitou all speak English fairly well. Tetsuya Kakihara (Simon in Gurren Lagann) speaks like 4 languages really well, too.

Probably the best English I've seen spoken in anime like really recently is from Yuki Kaida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XTv3N1M4F8

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I mean, you can never go wrong with knowing how to speak English, no matter where you're from.

But... who needs German?

Really looking forward to Sakamoto's Erlkönig performance, too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HenryEx posted:

But... who needs German?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKWnbs7nx0

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I started watching this as a joke because I saw it on crunchyroll and thought "how could this be good" and then I had watched the whole thing and was wondering when more was coming and please help me

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Next ep comes out on Friday JPN time.
So tomorrow.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
A little disappointed they didn't get Midorikawa to sing the part.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So the manga for this ended and people have pointed out that it's implied that Sakamoto dies or is dying. It was a surprisingly poignant and heartfelt ending. Gotta say, I got a little teary.

Also, every time I watch the ending for this anime I get the impression that its implying Sakamoto is homeless and essentially lives at the school. Does anyone else get that impression?

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Nephthys posted:

So the manga for this ended and people have pointed out that it's implied that Sakamoto dies or is dying. It was a surprisingly poignant and heartfelt ending. Gotta say, I got a little teary.

He is to cool for this Earth

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I will miss you the most, Sakamoto-kun

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This was my anime of the season. Nothing compares. Spot-on adaptation.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

10 out of loving 10.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its just like the ending to dragon ball gt :cry:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
That... that was beautiful. Instantly one of my top ten anime.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stairmaster posted:

its just like the ending to dragon ball gt :cry:

Only we can't be happy this one ended.

I heard, he's Sakamoto. I'm glad I heard it. This was a great anime and a great adaptation.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Skychrono posted:

That... that was beautiful. Instantly one of my top ten anime.

There was a theory on reddit that the ending was actually Sakamoto having a terminal illness thats why he ended up having to leave the school. Also explains his lifestyle trying to live life to the fullest. The ending shot of Sakamoto in a locker is also kinda strange. Anyway I just recently finished it was really good. I loved the absurd humor in this compared to Tanaka which a lot of people preferred over this. Studio Deen has been on fire in 2016. Also Sera is awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
Episode 13 came out today, first 9 minutes were essentially a clip show but drat, one of my favorite episodes overall.

• Locked thread