Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

It's cool being so completely insane about a series and sinking quadruple digit hours into it so you can read a sentence like "now you can run in any direction while locked on" and nearly spilling a drink out of excitement

you could do it in bloodborne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

[Cooly] lucky for me, 20 more push-ups added today

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

*dies to wrath of god spell**starts squeeing about doing 10 jumping lunges*

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i think pc players get this before ps4 people and im doing anger pushups about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It doesn't matter to me either way because of work. But hell its dumb that it's not a midnight release on console

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

“I placed giant-sized women in the world since I am attracted by motherhood and 'huge women' as an expression of generous motherhood,” says Miyazaki. “Also, one of my favourite Japanese cartoons is 'Yasuragi no Yakata' written by the famous Fujiko Fujio. A huge woman appears for a little in that scary story. When it comes to firekeepers, I assume that there is a kind of illusion for women in my mind.” You ain't seen nothing yet. “Finding a reason why I am attracted by huge women would be possible but I would not like to do it so far.”

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Benny D posted:

My other thread is riddled with spoilers. This is a safe zone for everyone avoiding spoilers to talk about their game in progress :D

I originally planned to do most progress before first death contest, but this game doesn't have a first death achievement (unless they add one in the day 1 international patch) and its sorta tough to just go on the honor system. That being said, I think it would be fun to compile a list of everyone's first death! Please tell us where you died along with a screenshot of your YOU DIED screen (if you can) and I'll keep it up to date below.

:siren: PLEASE DON'T SPOIL poo poo OR POST UNSOLICITED ADVICE. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR ADVICE, BE AS VAGUE AS POSSIBLE THANKS :siren:

Let's get hype. 50ish more hours

i'm going to spoiler it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Drew Curtis' Fark Souls III

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm going to spoiler it

Do you like beyonce

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Benny D posted:

Enemies drop their whole armor set if they had one instead of tha one piece at a time poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Cool non spoiler stuff:

No more armor upgrading
Enemies drop their whole armor set if they had one instead of tha one piece at a time poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Working out is good for your body and mind and the benefits cannot be overstated

Thread title change lmao

I do three sets of bench, squats and deadlifts each, mixed with supersets four times a week.

Let's do it guys. Let's get fucken ripped

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Vulich the Subtle posted:

the frogs face wjhen he gets to the end of his journey and opens the chest to find dark souls 3:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Benny D posted:

If you're worried about coming from bloodborne

I'm not worried, in fact it makes me stronger.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can we get a frog update.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im gonna get ripped playing Dark Souls 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I won't because I never die

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
z: lets turn it on
j: turn what on?
z: the last game youll ever play

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this is spinning me up

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im rolling

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

There's cool stuff in DS2. it would be neat if they released a director's cut version that just made all the DLC areas into the game and got rid of the original game.

I started a fresh save last week on SotFS because I never played the DLC but I barely got through forest of fallen giants before getting bored . The area design sucks so bad .... in DS1/Bloodborne it feels like you're running around actual architecture and it feels real but poo poo like Heide's Tower and Iron Keep basically feel like reject Bowser levels from Mario 64

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

i think pc players get this before ps4 people and im doing anger pushups about it

is it not a midnight release on psn? my gamestop is handing out copies at 9 pm for some reason

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

is it not a midnight release on psn?

It is in Australia.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

notable new control stuff:
-hold the down button to auto select your estus flask
-you can run in any direction while locked on
-press r3 in the equip menu to hide the main panel. good for checking out your fashion while youre changing equipment
-1handed jumping attacks now have a really fast r1 attack you can do at the end

I liked having buttons just to heal tbh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The true question is, will I ever have anything equipped in the item bar besides orbs, soapstones, maybe a buff consumable or the one that gets rid of poison, and estus.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

goferchan posted:

I started a fresh save last week on SotFS because I never played the DLC but I barely got through forest of fallen giants before getting bored . The area design sucks so bad .... in DS1/Bloodborne it feels like you're running around actual architecture and it feels real but poo poo like Heide's Tower and Iron Keep basically feel like reject Bowser levels from Mario 64

Heide's tower looks really cool though. I love the areas of DS2 that use the sea, I feel like souls games underused the sea before it

Larry Parrish posted:

The true question is, will I ever have anything equipped in the item bar besides orbs, soapstones, maybe a buff consumable or the one that gets rid of poison, and estus.
I also liked it when you could put uncommonly used items like soapstone/messengers on a different shortcut (Select, touchpad) does DS3 do that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't get why everyone knocks Heides since its one of the few areas that you can see in the distance of Majula and you can even see the Lost Bastile from there so the shortcut kinda makes sense.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I also liked it when you could put uncommonly used items like soapstone/messengers on a different shortcut (Select, touchpad) does DS3 do that

it does!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
basically everything is a mehanical improvement, except for the durability system coming back from DS2. haha, just kiddin, thats gone too

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
falling asleep to the countdown timer on my ps4

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

hes on top of the freakin chest why isnt he opening it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Let's all get in shape... no more loving around. Let's get ripped

I have a free membership at the gym I work at so I actually in the process of getting swole. Progress pics incoming

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

basically everything is a mehanical improvement, except for the durability system coming back from DS2. haha, just kiddin, thats gone too

Have they finally just taken out durability. It's a retarded concept

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Have they finally just taken out durability. It's a retarded concept

youll be very happy with the durability system

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
it was poo poo in ds2 every weapon would break before you could make it through an area

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
a useful thought experiment while playing DS3 is to imagine what it would be like if every mechanic from 2 was still present. another useful thought experiment is to visualize big shovelfuls of dirt raining down on the casket of dark souls 2

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I liked Dark Souls 2.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
Durability is basically non existent but interestingly doesn't fill until you rest at a fire not in death. I'd assume this is for non bonfire run reasons but I don't know how you would do one in this game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think its weird that DS2 has the same number of good and unique bosses as DS1 and also a bunch of filler ones, somehow that makes it bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Concurred posted:

I liked Dark Souls 2.

its illegal to troll in the dark souls 3 workout thread

• Locked thread