Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do game stops ever break street date or are they too corporate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm slightly nervous that amazon's release day shipping isn't going to work. i talked to a customer rep last night about it, since my delivery date was thursday, but i guess we'll see. if it's not here by tomorrow night, then i'll just have to buy it at a store and send my amazon copy back.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

i'm pretty sure they have brand reps that hound them about that sort of thing. when phantom pain was being released i called a few stores to see if they'd break street date, and the clerks actually got mad at me for suggesting it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

if you have a gamestop bae you get games early

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope youre all stretching in preparation for the release.

im not working out.....im probably just going to keep playing when i die to save time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shoulda put a ring on the frail looking clerk trying to hard sell me on Estival Versus vita special edition

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

the one near me hands stuff out at 11

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
Servers are now live on ps4, think I'll make a new character tomorrow to start again with multiplayer from start. This games been crazy so far

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope youre all stretching in preparation for the release.

I'm back from the gym and ready.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Shoulda put a ring on the frail looking clerk trying to hard sell me on Estival Versus vita special edition

i deadass got laid by preordering gta v lol and dont ask what was his name!! it was a cute girl that did anal!!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

im so excited to loving game.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Servers are now live on ps4, think I'll make a new character tomorrow to start again with multiplayer from start. This games been crazy so far

Did they patch it yet and do ou know offhand if they fixed the framerate issues in That One Area

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm wearing workout clothes and have my water bottle filled

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

i deadass got laid by preordering gta v lol and dont ask what was his name!! it was a cute girl that did anal!!

Congrats

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm wearing workout clothes and have my water bottle filled

my hair is up in a sporty ponytail and im doing breathing exercises

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I can't take this...

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Benny D posted:

Did they patch it yet and do ou know offhand if they fixed the framerate issues in That One Area

Its up too the latest patch and I haven't been in all areas but there has been no framerate issues at all for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HORMELCHILI posted:

How bad did your butt hurt lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

How bad did your butt hurt lol

as much as yours does after a post

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Working on my posture at the desk chair

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I hope they fixed it , there was a late-ish area in the first Japanese version that was almost unplayable when A Thing was happening. Also lol at all that bullshit about how consoles are 30 fps because it's the "optimal framerate for action games" there's no way the ps4 could handle this game at 60

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I want to read some reviews because I'm sure they're glowing with praise and I want to raise my hype level even higher.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

do not read reviews for souls games or anything really unless youre super retarded

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

in training caught with his controller in the bathroom at work: LEFT BUMPER HOOAH. RIGHT BUMPER HOOAH. PLUG AND PLAY

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah let me get hyped up for this game by reading a review where a dude whines that poison is still in and gives it a 7/10

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
familiarity breeds contempt and critics are a contemptuous lot

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

A lot of reviewers took points off because of how familiar the first few hours feel. Like "Mario 3 great game but guess what you still jump over holes and eat mushrooms 6/10"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

shocking news today, professional reviews are bad and you should instead do some research and form your own opinions

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

shocking news today, professional reviews are bad and you should instead do some research and form your own opinions

I only read one and he said it was the tightest Souls game yet and a love letter to the series. So I'm even more excited now. Mission accomplished!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's my unsubstantiated review: i will probably 300 hours of this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Here's my unsubstantiated review: i will probably 300 hours of this game

same but i spoiled the whole thing on YT and i KNOW this is true

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i put over 200 hours into demons, dark, dark2 and bb each and this game blows them all out of the water. it is simply ridiculous

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm playing DS2 just to play any souls game, as i wait for the amazon package to show up on my door...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's insane how good these games are

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This style of game has been great since kings field 1

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Is it possible to unlock this game in an hour using a VPN from california???

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The bosses start out great, gradually become incredible and finish with the most amazing poo poo I've ever seen

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Average Bear posted:

Is it possible to unlock this game in an hour using a VPN from california???

no

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

About to put shorts on and hit the bench while trying to decide if I'm gonna roll deprived, merc or warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

deprived here, clubs are good

• Locked thread