Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

It's cool being so completely insane about a series and sinking quadruple digit hours into it so you can read a sentence like "now you can run in any direction while locked on" and nearly spilling a drink out of excitement

you could do it in bloodborne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
z: lets turn it on
j: turn what on?
z: the last game youll ever play

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this is spinning me up

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im rolling

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this is bullshit

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im employed and wont be able to deal with it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
in every dark souls game you can throw lloyds talismans at mimics to make them open without attacking......before or after triggering them.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ill wait for m night

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope youre all stretching in preparation for the release.

im not working out.....im probably just going to keep playing when i die to save time

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
familiarity breeds contempt and critics are a contemptuous lot

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Average Bear posted:

Is it possible to unlock this game in an hour using a VPN from california???

no

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im starting with assassin since that class starts with a no fall damage spell and an estoc

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

If a caster has the lowest starting sl I may choose that and not use spells. But otherwise yes

deprived is always the only class that starts at sl1

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I don't even know if BB had a sl1 start because the starting classes are identical save for a few stat differences and I never looked into it, I would just pick the one with the highest stat of the weapon I was gonna use

lowest was bl4, waste of skin class

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

It starts at like 6 in DS2

wtf.....thats hosed up imo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
blood gems were probably the worst thing about bloodborne but it was very satisfying getting the best ones.....im looking forward to not having to deal with them in ds3

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

They would be cool if it didn't take one billion chalice dungeons to grind the best ones. I always ended up using the same ones every character because of the few set locations that had decent gems

ya i wish they werent random. diablo style loot has no place in dark souls

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
trying to decide between pulling an all nighter or sleeping early and waking up at m. night

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my first dude ever in dark souls ended up using the silver knight straight sword for the whole game because a summon for the taurus demon dropped it for me.....then in das 2 i used the heide knight sword the whole first run, and in bborne i used ludwigs. this will be my first souls game where i dont use a boring straight sword for my whole first run

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
non blondes 3

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
still six more gay hours here.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

frank.club posted:

remember that you can set an option so that your character name will be the name other plays see when you invade/coop

unfortunately its just which name you see

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Dafuq. Whihc name shows up for other people then

whichever one they have it set to

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
shirtless women have a tank top now so my shirtless greatsword lady actually looks really cool.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

This has got to be the toughest first area in a souls game. The Lothric Knights absolutely do not gently caress around

lothric castle is probably the last area too so its gonna be sweet to come back and those dudes are gonna be like normal hollows, i know it.....

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im so good at running past enemies

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im like.......the best

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

Im not getting any upvoted messages despite leaving lots. :smith:

i dont even read messages anymore

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i thought it was interesting how the second boss is "hey what if demon of song was actually really awesome?" and the third boss is "hey what if pinwheel was really awesome?"

im not sure if the tree boss is awesomw

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
merely knowing that i will be able to play dark souls 3 when i get home makes my heart writhe

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

those uh, tall things in the swamp are probably the worst enemy in any souls game ever

theyre giving me conniptions

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

first death wasnt until the fire demon mini boss that onion bro helps you with. one of his attacks knocked me off a cliff

ive died a lot in every area because im reckless

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya each zone is all of ds1 pretty much

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Like unless difficulty drops off a cliff with later spells and equips this has got to be the hardest of the series. The first area is so legit

im losing my mind over it. im using a dang shield because if i dont i get owned repeatedly

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Playing with HUD on auto makes the game super cinematic.

didnt notice tjis was back from ds2 woot

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i got a really cool weapon but i spent all my early points on vit and it costs way a lot to level so i wont be able to use it for a while so im sad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my favorite weapon and its art design: the old wolf curved sword is a greatsword of artorias thats been melted and grown hair

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah same for me. i got one bite exactly one time. i posted about this before but my irl friend said he was getting summoned within seconds every time and actually had a hard time removing the covenant item because of it, so it works for some people at least

it worked perfectly for me until i leveled the covenant up then i stopped getting hits

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this game is insanely well balanced.....ng+ is gonna be sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
weapon arts barely use mana anyway

• Locked thread