Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

bloodborne threw off my finely honed dark souls skills so i'm having to re-learn everything and getting pasted repeatedly in the starting level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fungah! posted:

lmfo if ound maneater mildred nd wew ere wearing the exact same outfit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-LaX4uwEgc

how embarrassing

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

anyone using flynn ring: does it work the same way as ds2 where your vitality level doesn't matter or is it different this time around? haven't been able to find anything about it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

also the crystal sage was a punk but i suspect things are about to get tougher

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

net cafe scandal posted:

drat you guys are already up to fighting the God King and Flame Lord and I'm just proud of beating punk rear end Crystal Sage.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sunbro invading in the cathedral, run away from a group of four and hide around the building with the ladder shortcut. wait for them to go in then kick the host off the platform as he's about to drop the ladder. number of souls received: 1337

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I.N.R.I posted:

well yea, its just the first enemy to walk over your souls. you can actually watch them eat it

that shell maiden who gets chased by the winter lantern in the dlc scooped up my souls more times than i'd like to admit and i saw her do it every time

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

speaking of which are the dancer swords any good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the prospect of putting on the pontiff damage ring and the equivalent pyromancy to become a death blender is appealing but i doubt there are many opportunities for that in real play

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pablo Gigante posted:

It was the least objectionable poison swamp area in the series by far

i got mad because the basilisks cursed me but then i accepted the bitter truth: i made a mistake, and deserved my fate

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

beat abyss watchers on the second try but that was a hell of a fight. i'm in love with this game

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

every ds3 area has been excellent but i still really love the fishing hamlet and research hall/clocktower

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the run up to the ballista in smouldering lake is owning me big time

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Larry Parrish posted:

Speaking of Pontiff's Right Eye, that's how I do my hilarious stun lock instant kill PVP build. If you have less than like 15 slash resist, that ring plus Dancer sword L2 can do upwards of 1500 damage to a target provided you can stagger it. So players only basically. It's silly

With 25 stamina and Gundyrs shackle the spin lasts like 30 seconds

i'm really looking forward to trying this out. is it any good in pve

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Larry Parrish posted:

Anyone can do it as long as they have a lot of faith

hmmmm, much like life. peace be upon you

i imagine the knight slayer's ring is really good in tandem with that, too. Turtle Murder

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Larry Parrish posted:

Ya probably. I don't have it yet

if you've already beaten wolnir i have some bad news for you

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm up to the deacons on it and I keep getting awesome weapon drops that I want for my other 2 characters like the giant spiked mace that the fat ladies use and the bleed dual swords that some enemies in the cathedral of the deep have. gonna have to trade those over somehow lol.

the warden twinblades are fully sick and i'm considering switching to them from uchi before i get the dancer swords

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hollowstomper58

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

invading in the catacombs, i baited the host into spawning the skeleton army. in his panic, he thwacked the rope bridge with his sword before running away across it. i cackled for a solid minute when he fell to his doom

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the warden twinblades are ridiculous in pvp lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

when pontiff got to his second stage and owned me i couldn't stop yelling about how awesome it was

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

goferchan posted:

I barely got to hear the boss fight music lol he killed me in 2 hits before I could even swing on him. Even after unlocking that gate that's a pretty nasty boss run too

i exhaled "gently caress, what a boss" and had to wait a minute before trying again. then this time he and the phantom used the fire attacks for the first time and i couldn't contain my glee

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJRtbX504XM

bleed is surprisingly effective

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yep, around one minute in when he switches phases. does about 1000 damage. plus there's that nice hollywood moment where the explosion knocks me back

edit: also during the riposte i think it triggers, maybe

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 23, 2016

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

so there's basically no reliable place to get bluecop or watchdog summons, right

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

can you put your high upgrade weapons in the box and not have them count?

this never got answered

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

praise the moon

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

invading as an aldrich faithful was a lot of fun and i racked up 30 dregs in no time. shame watchdogs hasn't worked as well for me, hopefully it'll be better once i get into ng+

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i look forward to farming until the heat death of the universe, then

net cafe scandal posted:

Even so having only a small corner of the room to fight one makes me panic like crazy... theyre so scary.

they bleed like crazy so the warden blades kill them super quick. still died to them a bunch

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

they're like, really really big rats. I'd poo poo my pants if I saw a rat that big

heh, only in new york

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bobnumerotres posted:

as for the room with like 12 of them, wardens are a very easy enemy when you dont worry about your HP. they cant outright kill you with the stare and their soldering iron attacks are super slow and leave them wide open, they also have 0 poise so you can stunlock them with anything.

you can let the one cross bearing guy out of his cell and he'll wreck shop, too

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ps4 server is down and the new patch notes don't include anything about fixing darkmoon/sentinels. rip

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

net cafe scandal posted:

Can't fix what's not broken

hosed up.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

if that's true then i'll actually start spending souls on leveling up again, i've hovered around 60 at anor londo and environs to see if i get summoned

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bobnumerotres posted:

the game is way harder with dex weapons. it is just plain way easier when you have a big weapon that stunlocks 99% of enemies and deal huge damage. a lot of curved weapons also lack a guard breaking move which is loving retarded and makes me not want to use them, even the weapon arts just dont do anything to enemies w/ shields up

the knight slayer's ring + bleed weapons help alleviate this issue somewhat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yhorm was extremely easy but has become a bastard after murdering siegward, the noble knight. had to run to grab the sword, saw what happened, shouted "no" and wailed on him

• Locked thread