Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Played through the vanilla game back near release, soloed all the bosses which was a huge moment for me as I'm very bad at video games (Nameless King, Princes and especially Champ Gundyr were all massive dicks) but I hadn't played it since around June so I got the season pass and started Ashes on my SL110 character while waiting for the Ringed City

So far the furthest I've got is clearing the tower with the Captain's ashes (after getting reamed by a wide variety of burly vikings) and being murdered by the giant turbowolf when he came back for round 2 and oh man, ive missed this game

Gonna do a new playthrough on a non-strength character, was thinking of a dexy pyromancer to use all the spells my first guy was too dumb to use; would I have fun or find it frustrating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Sweet, time for Dexys Midnight Burner

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Distortion2 is a wizard at this game, he had speedruns of an hour and five minutes of all bosses without using the Tears of Denial glitch and under an hour with it last I checked

Also the gimmick runs with weapons - like that one, or my favourite the Dragonslayer Axe one where he 3 shots Crystal Sage - are great

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Did they actually patch the PC Dark Souls or do I still need DSFix for it?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ah no worries

On an unrelated note Sir Vilhelm can go gently caress himself

e: he went and hosed himself on a heavy exile greatsword, this thing is awesome

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 1, 2017

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Slowly working through the Ringed City DLC, beat the first boss and got to the city proper last night then took two steps past the bonfire and had every cell in my body replaced with arrows

I love Dark Souls

e: I do not love fighting two ringed knights at once, especially since I haven't found the shortcut to the inner wall bonfire/next bonfire yet

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Just found out that the awful run I made in The Ringed City from the second bonfire past the curse hollows, the first Ringed Knight, the two-tier circular room with the turtle wizards and the second ringed knight, and the stairs with six giant fuckoff Harald Knights, where i turned left at the bottom of the stairs at the junctiom with the swamp, went up the ladder past the spin wizard and then died a bunch of times to either the giant hammer invader or the pair of ringed knights patrolling together?

Completely unnecessary! There's a bonfire just to the right of those stairs, both fights led to dead ends and the way up to the items and ladders overlooking the staircase is later on in the level. Thanks, Dark Souls!

it is actually me who is the idiot and DS3 is blameless

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 10, 2017

• Locked thread