Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pretty happy with how little i know, apart from one or two big reveals. can't wait for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
remember that joke sudoku guide post someone made?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771650

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
how much does a medically induced coma cost?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait to make my pyromancer / katana guy.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm slightly nervous that amazon's release day shipping isn't going to work. i talked to a customer rep last night about it, since my delivery date was thursday, but i guess we'll see. if it's not here by tomorrow night, then i'll just have to buy it at a store and send my amazon copy back.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Do game stops ever break street date or are they too corporate

i'm pretty sure they have brand reps that hound them about that sort of thing. when phantom pain was being released i called a few stores to see if they'd break street date, and the clerks actually got mad at me for suggesting it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm playing DS2 just to play any souls game, as i wait for the amazon package to show up on my door...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's insane how good these games are

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going mostly 2 hand dex weapon w/ pyromancy for support and variety. there's not really a category for that in the poll.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm very jealous of people getting to play this a few hours before me, but i think i'm just going to wait for my copy to get here from amazon. i have work i have to do anyway.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Facts could you please change that thread title to "Dark Souls III" and slap Genocyber in the back of his tiny head.

epic, epic this

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my game will be here tomorrow...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo, less than a day until i am playing dark souls 3.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my game won't be here until later, so i have to finish the work i have for today. see you then, thread.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the amazon delivery guy just pulled into the neighborhood and dropped his stuff off and then left. so cruel...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is the last loving time i'm ordering a game from amazon "release day"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's insanely good so far. vordt was actually really challenging, unlike the first half of bloodborne, or umm... any of DS2. i had to tear myself away from the game because i have work early tomorrow, but i'm really looking forward to spending all of thursday getting lost in this thing.

also undead settlement is an amazing level.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm obviously staying away from wikis until i beat the game, but it'd be cool if the fat priestesses in settlement dropped their books as an offhand weapon

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there've been many times so far where i've unlocked a shortcut or found a bonfire with 0 estus and the last sliver of my health left. it feels good to be back.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to leave work early, call in to my 3PM meeting, and get an additional few hours of gaming in... good lord fromsoft, what have you done

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
poo poo... i have killed a tree boss! well, i'll have to keep an eye out for it. also, where are sunbros? i haven't come across them yet at the end of settlement.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I like that it's the dark souls version of yharnam. Even has the big bonfire of hunters surrounding it

i was thinking the same thing, although it's pretty cool that it's in daytime (and still manages to be creepy) and has a really nice color pallette. bloodborne does too, but it's a little more muted.

edit: it also reminds me of oolacile too, but much more detailed and fun, which is saying a lot since oolacile is already a godlike level

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you can get constant co-op if you want at the third boss. it's also essentially a puzzle fight, so once you get it the patterns it's simple, and you feel like a hero as you solo the boss and your host runs around in a panic.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish that the regain health on hit ring was just like a liiiiitle bit better... i guess there's probably a +2 version somewhere?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
approx the 4th (???) boss: they took the pinwheel formula and gave him an update, which is sick but still not really hard. or hell maybe i've just been playing this series for 4,000 hours.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i believe that corpse's item will still be there if you go back later. you'll come across that point eventually in your travels.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really like all of the sound design so far. i think it's the best in the series, and that's even counting bloodbornes gross rear end cocaphony of screeches and blorps and squelches

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
speaking of 4th boss, this strange glitch happened to me while i was co-oping it. i'm pretty sure there's no spoilers in the thumbnail, but i hid it just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_l8MfpTRE

and it never came back, either...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

I loving love firelink. Every time I go back there's new friends(?) to chill with

agreed. it's a little bit of the original firelink and little bit of the nexus. :italianchefkissinghisfingers:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also i'm looking for a slight spoiler: i bought the 20k key from the old hag, but can't figure out where to use it. the one door near firelink isn't locked, it's just one way.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

the fourth boss is really loving me for going with big slow strength weapons

the crystal sage? or something else?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

also thank god they got rid of upgrading armor that was dumb as hell. armor is for looks only

agreed. although i'm not a huge fan of how a few of the sets look. pate's armor is a little dumpy this time around.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm just about finish up some work, and then i'm going to watch a tv show with the roomies, and then i'm going to murder demon asses until the wee hours of the morning and probably most of tomorrow too lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It started before then lol. And I don't wanna use the daggers because it's not enough damage for me. I loving love the settlement, i think the game should have just started here.

yeah, i was luke-warm on the wall at first, but i'm sure i'll love it on my next character.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
phantoming for the tree boss is so much fun

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a lady showed up in firelink and told me she didn't think we'd have anything to talk about. is she the purple covenant person, and am i locked out of that for this character?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fiction posted:

I got killed by the giant enemy crab.

the entire time i was fighting one i was thinking "this fairly tough regular enemy is more interesting and fun to fight than 80% of the DS2 bosses"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
one thing i realized i like a lot more than bloodborne is that there're so many NPCs compared to the 5 or so in BB.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the necropolis place with the maggot zombies is so loving awesome. they started coming out of the ground, and i was like "easy enough" so i walked down the line slaying them, and then one hit me from behind, and i rolled and turned to see that they just keep coming, so i'm fighting the new ones behind me, and one of the old ones barfs bleed maggots all over me, so i make a mad dash through the graveyard, and then just barely lose to the twin blade lady up the way. it's the best souls graveyard i've ever seen. probably even the best graveyard in a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

Wait is this the area after Farron Keep bossfight or different? Because this sounds nothing like the grave area I found unless I just didn't go deep enough

on road of sacrifice. right after you fight the guy with the spider shield

• Locked thread