Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I was doing some invading/summoning in BB last weekend and was struck by the fact that the game cuts to black when you do online stuff. Not a very common technique in video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The true question is, will I ever have anything equipped in the item bar besides orbs, soapstones, maybe a buff consumable or the one that gets rid of poison, and estus.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't get why everyone knocks Heides since its one of the few areas that you can see in the distance of Majula and you can even see the Lost Bastile from there so the shortcut kinda makes sense.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

basically everything is a mehanical improvement, except for the durability system coming back from DS2. haha, just kiddin, thats gone too

Have they finally just taken out durability. It's a retarded concept

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think its weird that DS2 has the same number of good and unique bosses as DS1 and also a bunch of filler ones, somehow that makes it bad

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Better a PC Kuck than a COnsole Slave...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I actually liked the durability in DSII.

It drained twice as fast as it did on consoles because the PC version was unlocked and consoles were 30 fps. That said after SOFTS came out and it finally got fixed I liked it. It usually lasted about an area unless you were using something really weak.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really hope there's no retarded bullshit issue like that for PC this time around.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

That's why I play on Console because it's never broken

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Me when DS3 comes out:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Preloading

Unfortunately I get off work 5 hours after it unlocks... Oh well.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

deprived is always the only class that starts at sl1

It starts at like 6 in DS2

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

my first dude ever in dark souls ended up using the silver knight straight sword for the whole game because a summon for the taurus demon dropped it for me.....then in das 2 i used the heide knight sword the whole first run, and in bborne i used ludwigs. this will be my first souls game where i dont use a boring straight sword for my whole first run

I used Heide Knight Sword too but I always powerstanced it with another weapon like a mace or even just another Heide sword. So it was sweet instead of borig

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The games thread title makes me extremely upset

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna try to play on my lunch break but I don't know what I can do with 20 minutes

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe I should just wait

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

lil tip for the fellas: get yourself to 30.0% equip or lower and feel true speed

People who play high equip load are like lepers ino

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gah. I just want to get home from work already :emo:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have decided that assuming I don't get welfare gamer problems like Average Bear, I will start as the cleric and go STR/FTH but not use a shield

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even the menu music is badass. :black101:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo they finally added a specific STR/FTH starting class.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Umm lol my spear sucks rear end against the first boss, although I killed the huge lizard easily. I was out of estus and almost killed him though so try two will go better I'm sure.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*walks down huge path full of bloodstains* this guy cant be that tough

*gets parried by an NPC and oneshot*

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The big knights are destroying me lol. Is this going to be the first DS game where I learn to use parry? Who knows.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Elevators don't reset when you die so I accidentally fell down a shaft and lost 8k souls :negative:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow. The hair moving is sweet. Also I made a Fire Shortsword +2 and now I'm decimating these enemies I had trouble with. Fire Gem best gift.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jyrque posted:

8 hours before I get home anf play the newest soul game... gently caress

Also I'm rolling caster so fight me

:staredog:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MFW I solo the fat halberb knight after dying like 8 times.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I just noticed that sometimes when you slash enemies there's this blood splash. Like I did a cool slash with a shortsword and it made this sick nasty arc of blood across the wall behind the dude in the direction I swung. That's badass.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The weird hairy monster demon things leave nasty black trails wherever they attack

Yeah I saw that too. This game is so loving sick. All the combat and movement is tighter and faster than I ever thought possible. And then there's the tons and tons of super tiny details that make the game look ridiculously good at every single moment.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can say without a doubt that I'm never going to play DS1 or DS2 again lol. This game is so sweet.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I restarted as an Assassain and I didn't know what I was missing. Under 30% equip load and only an Estoc is totally dumpstering everything.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm convinced you're weighted to invade people with double summons. This is horseshit.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
8 out of 9 of my invasions so far immediately had the host summon as many phantoms as possible. The most I saw was 3 I think? That particular guy kept spamming summons and people kept seeing that he was fighting 1 invader and already had a phantom and just crystal'd out. Anyway I don't get why people do this. Do they think its funny to waste the invaders time instead of just having fun with it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel like such a little bitch when Lothric Knights backhand me with the shield while Im fishing for a backstab lol.

I'm like yo WTF when I'm doing a sick estoc combo and they suddenly stun me with a backhand

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really don't like fighting the RE4 guys.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I apparently missed all kinds of poo poo in Undead Settlement so I'm gonna take it slower

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't tell the difference between how the game looks at Medium and High but high makes the forest lag alot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SM64Guy posted:

it took me a while to figure out that instead of just going from firelink i had to warp to the first area

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have never spammed inputs and I have no problems with it

• Locked thread