Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My other thread is riddled with spoilers. This is a safe zone for everyone avoiding spoilers to talk about their game in progress :D

I originally planned to do most progress before first death contest, but this game doesn't have a first death achievement (unless they add one in the day 1 international patch) and its sorta tough to just go on the honor system. That being said, I think it would be fun to compile a list of everyone's first death! Please tell us where you died along with a screenshot of your YOU DIED screen (if you can) and I'll keep it up to date below.

:siren: PLEASE DON'T SPOIL poo poo OR POST UNSOLICITED ADVICE. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR ADVICE, BE AS VAGUE AS POSSIBLE THANKS :siren:

IT'S OUT!!!!

:twisted: DEATH ROLL :twisted:

Benny D
KILLED BY: LUDEX GRUNDYR
PUSHUP COUNT: 80

Holepisser
KILLED BY: HWoL Killhouse

In Training
KILLED BY:

Black Baby Goku
KILLED BY:

INRI
KILLED BY:

Net Cafe Scandal
KILLED BY: SPACE GODZILLA (GCL)

beepstreet
KILLED BY: GIANT CRYSTAL LIZARD

Smelly Larry
KILLED BY: Katana Guy at FIRELINK SHRINE

a loving dog
KILLED BY:

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

NCS: the pushup challenge is when you do a set every time you die

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

beepstreet posted:

I won't be doing the push up challenge because Ill be going to the gym before each absurdly long sesh. The feeling of crashing on your couch with sore muscles + everything done for the day and playing a gam is insanely good.

Definitely down for sharing first death though. Hopefully not a lovely fall.

I've played the first four hours or so several times and I have predictions for where most of the regular souls posters here will die :P

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Body weight squats >_<

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm excited about this game. But I think it's going to take an act of God to make me like it more than Bloodborne.

It's really loving good but they're apples and oranges tbqh.

Edit it's actually more like granny smith vs hneycrisp

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Weapon arts add a ton to pvp

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Those two apples are comparable.

do you like apples

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Cool non spoiler stuff:

No more armor upgrading
Enemies drop their whole armor set if they had one instead of tha one piece at a time poo poo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

There are references to 2 that poke fun at it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If you're worried about coming from bloodborne I can assure you this game rewards you for aggression

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

It's hilarious how the depth of criticism varies by games. "fallout 4 well it's a Bethesda fallout game kinda janky but fun 8/10" "dark souls 3 great but the sound design is lacking in this one segment of this one zone and I dropped four frames 8/10"

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Thinking about pushing my dead lifts to 200...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I was doing some invading/summoning in BB last weekend and was struck by the fact that the game cuts to black when you do online stuff. Not a very common technique in video games

One of my very favorite parts about bb. That WHOOSH as it cuts to black. Feels like you're really getting sucked off into a different world

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

“I placed giant-sized women in the world since I am attracted by motherhood and 'huge women' as an expression of generous motherhood,” says Miyazaki. “Also, one of my favourite Japanese cartoons is 'Yasuragi no Yakata' written by the famous Fujiko Fujio. A huge woman appears for a little in that scary story. When it comes to firekeepers, I assume that there is a kind of illusion for women in my mind.” You ain't seen nothing yet. “Finding a reason why I am attracted by huge women would be possible but I would not like to do it so far.”

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm going to spoiler it

Do you like beyonce

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Still don't know wtf bloodborne even had durability for. I think I got close to my weapon breaking once ever after 20+ attempts on defiled watchdog

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

He's at the chest. He'll use the iframes

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Post your exercise counts and I'll keep them in the op

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I preordered the English version and it definitely unlocks at midnight so idk what everyone is on about with console release being later

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Smdh at all these politicians blaming minorities for entitlements when it's really 20 something white guys playing video games

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I thought we mentioned this alreDy but there are no durability / fps issues in 3. It's been tested a zillion times already

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I found out one thing by accident that Firelink shrine is in it but that actually makes me more excited to see what that means and how it's implemented. Like how I feel watching te new JoJo's after already reading the manga

That's like 20 minutes in and trust me, you have no idea what's coming :twisted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can't wait to watch all the sick videos of imps getting mercilessly crushed by the awesome bosses

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My soundtrack doesn't unlock until tomorrow night.. Who the hell puts a soundtrack on an unlock timer.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My suggestion is to take the tutorial zone seriously. I raced through it because all the developer messages were in moon language by there's lots of subtle changes that have a big impact on how you play and you will have a much better time if you get a feel for them right away

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Servers are now live on ps4, think I'll make a new character tomorrow to start again with multiplayer from start. This games been crazy so far

Did they patch it yet and do ou know offhand if they fixed the framerate issues in That One Area

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I hope they fixed it , there was a late-ish area in the first Japanese version that was almost unplayable when A Thing was happening. Also lol at all that bullshit about how consoles are 30 fps because it's the "optimal framerate for action games" there's no way the ps4 could handle this game at 60

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

A lot of reviewers took points off because of how familiar the first few hours feel. Like "Mario 3 great game but guess what you still jump over holes and eat mushrooms 6/10"

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The bosses start out great, gradually become incredible and finish with the most amazing poo poo I've ever seen

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Assassin for fall control

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

30 minutes console imps

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Are console servers down? I can't connecr

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

The second boss is a sex freak rapist.

Turn on your monitor

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That first mimic drops something sick

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

bump_fn posted:

Did they keep the bloodborne mechanic where if you take damage you have a window where hitting enemies will partially heal you

Not generally no but there's a ring you can get early that gives you something similar

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

As much ask wanted to solo my first english playthrough coop is insane right now, I get summoned within a second of dropping my sign

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dark souls 2: nicest guy you'll ever meet
Dark souls 3: twisted loving psychopath

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

People complaining about the world not being fully interconnected are stupid. It's like every zone is multiple tightly interconnected areas with branching paths and loops back and high overviews. It's loving majestic

Larry Parrish posted:

I apparently missed all kinds of poo poo in Undead Settlement so I'm gonna take it slower

Every zone in the game is densely packed like that, it's crazy

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh my god the hub area...

It only gets better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm so loving jealous you have no idea what's coming in the next 30 hours

• Locked thread