Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Drew Curtis' Fark Souls III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:eek:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Let's face it folks, I've seen this frog get a chest before... He knows what he is doing

True, this is a good thing to remember people. We're dealing with an expert here.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

they never found the guy did they?

From police headquarters, a beacon of light shoots into the sky, the silhouette of a tiny fedora visible among the clouds.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm on a business trip in Connecticut and I won't be able to play until about 7 pm tomorrow. Have fun everyone.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

thanks, i haven nEVer played one of these games in the past decade. JACKASS edit: sorry

Prepare to DUH

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gently caress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't loving wait to pick this up from Gamestop when I get home

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Patch - Downloaded
Controller - Charged
Headphones - On
Season Pass - Purchased
Curtains - Closed
Beer - Cold

Game on.

This will be me in approximately 1.5 hours

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I can tell where the female NPCs are going to end up sitting in Firelink because of the Tongue but hole and Time for thrust messages around empty featureless areas.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just beat Bort. God drat this game is epic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is the ultimate game. I played for four and a half hours before making it to the big swamp and deciding to call it a night. I think beating Bloodborne has made me a better Souls player

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also it's officially my birthday. Thank you From Software.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone. My parents are taking me out to dinner tonight after work and DSIII will commence immediately as soon as I get home.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Happy Birthday Pablo, from all of us in Parquet Courts!

net cafe scandal posted:

Black Baby Goku walking home from a ten car pile up completely unharmed: I wonder what that fag Larrys doing right now. Cha-Ching! HAhahahaghahahHA

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I haven't seen any purple signs yet leading up to crab swamp, but I haven't been summoning anyone anyway. I've seen a ton of white signs and I've been getting summoned almost instantly when I put a sign down though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The first time I fought Vordt he got me down to a tiny sliver of HP with no Estus left. My dodging game was seriously on point and I got him down to about two hits left before he killed me. I got him on the second try :cool: This game is seriously epic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Bort has really awesome animations.. ITs sweet to watch him skate around the arena sparks flying everywhere.

Successfully dodging Bort's charges and then running up and attacking him to interrupt his frost breath is gaming's ambrosia

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

im probably not going to use the ashen flask much since im not much of a magic guy

I picked up a pyromancy flame as a ranged backup but I'm still only taking 1 ashen. It came in handy fighting the tree when the yellow goo was around

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I must have missed something obvious, because I still haven't found orange soapstone yet...

Try press start button - Rating 69

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh what the gently caress.

DS1 and Bloodborne are the only ones that have items for leaving messages

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I thought Bloodborne used the message system too.

You have to use the notebook item to leave messages.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Average Bear posted:

Thinking of dark souls in class.

Same except at work and I'm also singing "World of Pain" by Cream in my head.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

ive spent the last 3 hours helping people thru the settlement and then when they meet the guy in the hanging cage i kick them off the ledge. im like 3 items away from leveling the covenant up

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Undead Settlement is god tier level design for sure.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

>Me after unlocking a shortcut to a previously lit bonfire

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I like that it's the dark souls version of yharnam. Even has the big bonfire of hunters surrounding it

Yeah it's like if Yharnam was medieval instead of Victorian. Also it has a lot of verticality too which is always cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Watching download bar slowly crawl across the screen* loving Patches.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This may be the first Souls game where I try invasion.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Great I just thought of Siegmeyer and I'm crying.

Prepare to Cry

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

whoever said they were using irithyll straight sword...yep

I'm using it too lol. I got up to the Cathedral last night, I feel like a moron but I had to summon somebody for the Crystal Sage fight because I was having a lot of trouble with the clones in the second stage.

I want to try out some PvP, where's a good spot to invade?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like the hostile NPCs they have scattered about, they're not too hard but they switch up their tactics a bunch and use weapon arts and stuff which is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm rocking the evangelist robe and leggings with the knight helm and gauntlets. It's good to be the king

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is the Dark Souls of feels games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm at the Road of Sacrifices halfway fort and I still haven't changed my armor set or shield.

What class did you pick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:cool::hf::darksouls:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I always play as a knight in my first run... It's tradition

Same, also I didn't change my armor until the area you're in either

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

On my first run of these games I usually drop a soapstone in front of a boss 2 or 3 times just because I like fighting them

I usually make a first attempt and then if I lose I'll co-op for a little bit to get the humanity equivalent back and learn how the boss works before trying solo again.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

This. When I first stumbled on the forest boss, crystal witch, I had no flasks and died after a few attacks without realizing what was happening. Then when I did coop I thought the fight was a joke until a clone popped up and scared the hell out of me lol

Lol the exact same thing happened to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have a half hour left at work and I can't stop thinking about this drat game.

• Locked thread