Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Ask Bradford Cox if you can leave early today.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bradford Cox, Win Butler and Sufjan Stevens walk into Firelink Shrine.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

This Game Is A loving Masterpiece

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I tried invasions at the Cathedral earlier but got owned every time and used up all my cracked orbs. Does anyone sell them later so I can get the non-cracked one?

I did get summoned as a blue cop for the first time though and we won :cheerdoge:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

you can get a full one at this point. you want a hint?

Sure I'll take a hint

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

here are three, from vague to specific:

1 take a look around firelink and think if you haven't talked to someone at all / haven't talked to them in a while
2 think about locked doors you came across early and haven't found a key for
3 (very specific) the shady guy in firelink will give you a key once you've tasted blood once with a cracked orb, the door is in lothric

Oh I actually know that already, I just ran out of the cracked orbs he gave me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got the cracked orb, invading is fun as hell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

also holy poo poo the ab yss watchers. holy poo poo!

I just got up to that fight and immediately got owned. Think I'm gonna stop there for the night

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also just unlocked a shortcut back to Road of Sacrifices and ran into an old friend who is much harder than I remember :stare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Its really fun to gank people with the two dark wraiths at the Abyss Watcher fog gate lol.

Lol I'm going to try this later.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blue Sentinels: Nicest phantoms you'll ever meet
Mound Makers: Twisted loving psychopaths

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You wanna know how I got these vertebra shackles?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tfw you're away from your PS4 and all you want to do is get back to Souls

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm shaking thinking about fighting the Abyss Watchers later today.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Abyss Watchers is intense af. I can get through the first phase no problem and I've gotten the second phase down to half health. It's combos are insane

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Btw you can backstab Abyss Watchers phase 2, I just did it then died.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gently caress I can't get through Abyss Watchers' second phase for the life of me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Abyss Watchers is loving me up seriously. I don't want to have to summon to beat it but I'm getting pretty frustrated

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I've been dying to this boss for upwards of 45 minutes straight and it's driving me prodromal.

This is me with Abyss Watchers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Holy gently caress I just beat Abyss Watchers. I'm literally shaking

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wolnir is a cool looking boss

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I keep getting disoriented while fighting him especially when I get him down to one bracelet and he starts summoning bonewheels and scimitar skeletons. Not too hard of a boss though, just need to get the hang of it.

Abyss Walkers I kind of cheesed the second phase by constantly backing away and only attacking after he did a jump slash or dash when I knew I had time to attack. Still an intense fight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've been rocking a +4 great club and it's insanely OP for the catacombs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao i just saw wolnir's second phase for the first time. oh my god. thought that fight was kind of meh but that sold it to me, wish it werent so easy to miss

What second phase

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

if youre not joking he summons a colossal sword and his attacks are much faster, he summons pinwheels and casts wrath of god w/ the sword. the music also becomes super dire and its great but hes so easy to just kill

Oh the sword isn't really a second phase, he can pull that out any time during the fight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought the new Ratchet and Clank for a come-down game when DS3 feels get too intense

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love this game so much. They pretty much took all the mechanical/QOL improvements from DSII and made a much, much better game with them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I might have to start using a shield since the place I'm at was getting really really hard. Although I haven't played since Saturday, fell into a deep Castlevania hole

His name?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I also love how this game tosses out Titanite Shards like candy so you can try out a variety of weapons and upgrade them a little bit

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

The cathedral of the deep is win.

There hasn't been a single area I haven't enjoyed so far

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

i didnt really enjoy farron keep my first time through but i also got lost in it for a couple hours so ill probably love it in retrospect like blighttown

It was the least objectionable poison swamp area in the series by far

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

>when you can't trust the purple phantom
>

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got up to Pontiff and I'm calling it a night. Love dis game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

If you set the dogs in Dark Soul 3 on fire, they have a unique stop, drop and roll animation.

The Sensible Dark Souls Dogs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cathedral of the Deep is god tier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DS3 and Bloodborne definitely have the most consistently good areas overall

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I'm hearing mixed messages is the first dlc coming fall or next spring?

Fall

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I hope the DLC is the entirety of Demons Souls ported to the DSIII engine

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The DLC is Demon's Souls, Bloodborne and the good parts of DS2 all remixed together into DS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Everybody wants a western Souls and a sci-fi Souls, why not combine them and do a Cowboy Bebop souls-like

• Locked thread