Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
notable new control stuff:
-hold the down button to auto select your estus flask
-you can run in any direction while locked on
-press r3 in the equip menu to hide the main panel. good for checking out your fashion while youre changing equipment
-1handed jumping attacks now have a really fast r1 attack you can do at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I also liked it when you could put uncommonly used items like soapstone/messengers on a different shortcut (Select, touchpad) does DS3 do that

it does!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
basically everything is a mehanical improvement, except for the durability system coming back from DS2. haha, just kiddin, thats gone too

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Have they finally just taken out durability. It's a retarded concept

youll be very happy with the durability system

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
a useful thought experiment while playing DS3 is to imagine what it would be like if every mechanic from 2 was still present. another useful thought experiment is to visualize big shovelfuls of dirt raining down on the casket of dark souls 2

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

It's the PCuck version that doesn't unlock til 6pm eastern

oh my god, you mean 6pm tomorrow. hell yeah

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

they never found the guy did they?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
for my money, the best way to make a bunch of hours disappear is with intense gaming

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

same. Kind of want to be Deprived but it starts with 10 in all stats and that bothers me a lil. I don't want 10 Luck.

luck is cool, getting enemy items and armor is cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I should have stayed at work for two more hours..

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
ive decided to make a big fat marshmallow man. not sure what build. ive been jonesing to do a magic build now that i'll be able to read what the hell the spells do, but we'll see

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

frank.club posted:

games thread titles ftmfw

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Dark Souls III: The Undead Sperg

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
maybe use a funny thread tag like or

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i think its just unpacking and installing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i was like 5 minutes too hasty in popping the cork on my big beer

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
lil tip for the fellas: get yourself to 30.0% equip or lower and feel true speed

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
up to 40 ratings on my Could this be a soup? message, in front of an early game soup. all those heals have been really handy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
first death: all the enemies ran after me into that house getting pelted by arrows, and then i fell into the big mass of them trying to roll to the thing on the 2nd floor

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I killed him honorably after probably 15 tries.

I knocked him off the cliff and did the wave emote. i love this game so much

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't think I like them. Reading their attacks is impossible and not in a good way, I think I'm just going to stay at range and blow the m up

try rear

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
just like with the tough knights, you'll eventually be able to read their attacks, you just havent died enough to them yet

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

please spoil me on how i join other covenants thank you

undead settlement: over and past the rooftops covered in little thief guys, theres a friendly enemy with a cage on his back. talk to him. theres also a hole in the second floor in a different building in the area, drop through to find a second covenant.

those are the first two, good luck

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

i have the items for 2nd and 3rd covenants but ive been drinking all day and how do i use them

equip covenants in the far right slot past the rings. ive never used either of those covenants though but id assume you just leave a soapstone thing for both

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

bump_fn posted:

Did they keep the bloodborne mechanic where if you take damage you have a window where hitting enemies will partially heal you

gotta save that stuff for the dlc man

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the improvements in the enemy ai go a long way, in my opinion

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my whip-based invasions are going terribly, but man, the thought of whipping someone to death in a goofy outfit keeps me going

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
love my big beautiful boy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

welp, its the best game ever made

yeah

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
choosing a weapon is so hard, i cant take it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the estoc has been a ton of fun and i really love the animations, but man... everything looks so good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
if theres a tough enemy, theres usually at least two or three ways to use the environment around them. its a really incredibly designed game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Does this game have an insane buffer window or is my controller loving up. Because it is doubling or tripling my inputs when usually id be able to stop attacking or rolling or whatever.

It seems like it has a bigger move buffer to me

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

i think the guys that look like him in undead settlement drop it, im wearing one right now

those guys seem like they have some really low drop rates. ive killed like 200 of em and only finally got the flamberge to drop

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

High Wall, in the lowest level of the multi level cellar looking area that connects to the second bonfire. The door is across from the room with all the explosive barrels

Talk to the shady dude after you beat the third or fourth boss

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh sweet. Very excited

you wouldnt believe how long it took me to figure that out when everything was in japanese

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Benny D posted:

I just realized that I sold all the vendor upgrade items in the jap version because I had no idea what any of the dialogue said

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

so the big swamp area is actually the royal wood/oolacile from DS1. I found a fossilized elizabeth mushroom lady in a cave down there with a book that teaches oolacile sorceries :worship:

where the hell is that drat cave, ive found it before but i cant locate it anywhere

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

It's got to be the biggest zone in any of the games so far it's crazy and I'm sure I'm still missing out on a ton of poo poo in it

its also effectively optional, even though it may not seem like it at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

IDK. Im just frustrated because I want to get the infinite eye orb but I didnt even get a slight chance of killing anyone.

talk to the shady dude hanging out by the thrones, he'll set you on your way toward the red eye orb

edit: if you need a pale tongue, there'll be one hanging on a corpse near the first fire demon you see

• Locked thread