Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Benny D posted:

My other thread is riddled with spoilers. This is a safe zone for everyone avoiding spoilers to talk about their game in progress :D

I originally planned to do most progress before first death contest, but this game doesn't have a first death achievement (unless they add one in the day 1 international patch) and its sorta tough to just go on the honor system. That being said, I think it would be fun to compile a list of everyone's first death! Please tell us where you died along with a screenshot of your YOU DIED screen (if you can) and I'll keep it up to date below.

:siren: PLEASE DON'T SPOIL poo poo OR POST UNSOLICITED ADVICE. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR ADVICE, BE AS VAGUE AS POSSIBLE THANKS :siren:

Let's get hype. 50ish more hours

i'm going to spoiler it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ne1 having trouble w ds4 and dswindows in fark soups 3? Mine aint warkimg

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

01011001 posted:

couldn't get my ds4 working before i had to bail :(

Same here.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

lil tip for the fellas: get yourself to 30.0% equip or lower and feel true speed

thanks, i haven nEVer played one of these games in the past decade. JACKASS edit: sorry

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

alright, the 360 pad works, although the ds4windows will not, although i'd prefer that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat the first real boss and now i'm in the village from bloodborne

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this is a big rear end village man

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

me either. plus i literally only found the talking rapping cage monster yesterday

i don't know what this goober wants from me except nanas

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tower sshield s are gAY

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

jyrque posted:

Rude

Does it get interrupted if not using wolf ring? I don't know

Lot of weapons seem to have poise boost in the form of hyper armor while R2 attacking so not being knocked out of a heavy weapon swing doesn't really prove poise having an effect. There are some (human model enemy) attacks that just can't be interrupted like greatsword R2 swings.

At first I thought higher poise would just give you a higher tolerance for repetitive attacks but as videos prove, walking around in Smough set still has you flinch from undead pin pricks.

Gpod poise is stupid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

a rat shouldn't be able to chew through havel's armor effortless

rats are very fast, and they always travel in packs. also, theye are angry rats. several rats would quicly incapacitate somone in havels armor by simply standing on the wearer, due to the already extreme weight of the armor. attacking a pack of nimble rats in full armor would also be suicide, since the chosen undead would quickly become exhausted , allowing the rats to devour the now incapacitated havel man at their leisure. in any hypothetical battle between rats and peopple in full havel's armor, the rats always win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Miracles are essentially the "badass" school of magic. whereas sorcery might be considered "cowardly" or otherwise indicate lack of moral character.

pyromancy is the good kind and the others are stupid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

is the ps4 server down for anyone else

[huge text.html]i have it on pc lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

should have bought it on pc :shibe:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sellsword twinblades are cool now that i sharpened them and they have a dex scaling instead of c

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

even though i upgraded the sellsword twinblades to be less bad i still like astora and hollowslayer great sword better

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ne straight swords with better than d scaling ? edit in dex

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

The Hollowslayer GS has a perfect moveset.. well the weapon art doesn't seem that great but it's hard to use anything but it.

i like with one handy you go sweepy but two hand that bad boy you get the uppy downy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

he wanted to kill himself close to a bonfire to get his souls back easier.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if you got cursed by the frogs in ds1 you were literally an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

better walk into this purple gas and let the meter build up after a really long wind up animation -- NOt somehting i said because i'm really smart, but something someone stupid said prolly

• Locked thread