Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

There's cool stuff in DS2. it would be neat if they released a director's cut version that just made all the DLC areas into the game and got rid of the original game.

I started a fresh save last week on SotFS because I never played the DLC but I barely got through forest of fallen giants before getting bored . The area design sucks so bad .... in DS1/Bloodborne it feels like you're running around actual architecture and it feels real but poo poo like Heide's Tower and Iron Keep basically feel like reject Bowser levels from Mario 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

i deadass got laid by preordering gta v lol and dont ask what was his name!! it was a cute girl that did anal!!

How bad did your butt hurt lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

One small question for the knowledgable, and you can answer with spoiler bars if you want: do you need to do any covenant grinding or play to NG+++++ or whatever to get the platinum

It seems like it requires multiple playthroughs but not as many as DS2. new items drop in NG+ but I'm not sure about beyond that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Im at a wine trade show for work and I'm going to get good and drunk and go home at 6 and take a nap and wake up at exactly midnight

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Holy crap this updating thing looks like its gonna be mad long.. might sneak in a pre workout shower and do my gaming in a luxurious Zara bathrobe. Chow!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

post character names here and dont forget to do the secret pimp zone greeting when you invade

I have always named my first char Hambubger since DS1/DS2/BB and will uphold the tradition

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Elevators don't reset when you die so I accidentally fell down a shaft and lost 8k souls :negative:

They didn't reset when you die in DS1 even . That's how u do Elevator Tricks

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I Have Died

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm in the settlement now are there any cool STR weapons I should keep an eye out for or any that I might have missed on the wall? I'm still using my starter mace and I want something with a little more heft

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This games so loving good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

what are cinematic effects in the options

I've seen a new thing where you get a flashy camera angle when you do a backstab I assume it refers to that and maybe some other weapon arts

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The voice acting for the pyromancy nuns in Undead Settlement is so good and freaky

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

If there is a hunter hat in the game i need it

They drop their hats it's called Worker Hat. After Bloodborne I'm soooo happy to be back to basically every enemy in the game dropping their outfit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Someone said enemies drop their whole outfit at once which isn't true at all

normal enemies don't, one-time NPC invaders give you 100% of their drops every time however (unlike DS2 where you'd just have to farm them across playthroughs or use Aesetics or whatever)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

it's insanely good so far. vordt was actually really challenging, unlike the first half of bloodborne, or umm... any of DS2. i had to tear myself away from the game because i have work early tomorrow, but i'm really looking forward to spending all of thursday getting lost in this thing.

also undead settlement is an amazing level.

It's got to be the biggest zone in any of the games so far it's crazy and I'm sure I'm still missing out on a ton of poo poo in it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

its also effectively optional, even though it may not seem like it at the time

Wtf really??

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Are there limited enemy respond like in II or did they get rid of that cancer?

& I said it up there but any non respawning enemy apparently drops their entire loot table 100% of the time when you kill them so no more of that DS2 bullshit with NPCs where you might have to wait til NG+ if they don't drop their poo poo the first time

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm going to get the Dark Souls board game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Forest covenant ??? Dang there's stuff I need to find

It's not actually in a forest it just works like the forest one from DS1

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That feel when Giant Bro saves you from a giant enemy crab...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Re: Lords of Cinder was Abyss Watchers what everyone killed first ? Because I thought the first one was supposed to be Aldrich but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go for him

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

My buddy's power just flickered off and he says when he started DS3 back up it wouldn't let him do anything until it deleted the existing save data O_O stay safe out there gamers....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

One that is very odd and I could swear was in earlier games is that if you can 2h a weapon but not one hand it, the damage number on the equip screen will always show a useless value. I thought they would show the atk strength when you were 2 handing previously

Press Triangle (or something on PC) to "change page" on the stat screen and look at your actual right hand slot 1 damage or whatever instead of the damage of the weapon, which seems to always assume you'll be one-handing it .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

also i'm looking for a slight spoiler: i bought the 20k key from the old hag, but can't figure out where to use it. the one door near firelink isn't locked, it's just one way.

Wrong door theres another exit from firelink way up near the top of the shrine that takes you to the tower

edit: It's hard to spot because (I think to reduce load times?) the firelink exits all load in as fog doors until you stand next to them for a few seconds so you can't really see light shining through it or anything until you do that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I got the head and legs for the Forgotten Knight armor and I wish I knew where I found it and if it dropped off an enemy because it looks great and I want to farm up the rest

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I haven't hated skeletons this much since the first time I played DS1 and died 20 times in the graveyard outside Firelink before I realized I was supposed to start with Undead Burg instead

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Seriously (don't click if u haven't seen a lot of skeletons) instead of a Crypt Full of Skeletons or a Heavily Booby Trapped Fortress they just decided to do both in one area and it's brutal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

its great for screenshots if you turn off the hud too

Auto-HUD ftw. It was rly annoying doing it manually whenever I wanted to screenshot stuff in Bloodborne

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Has anyone had the sorcerer guys outside the Crystal Sage boss fight drop their hats? I need one

edit: had like two staff drops from them but no clothes yet .... not sure if it's worth popping a coin or not

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 14, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

the necropolis place with the maggot zombies is so loving awesome. they started coming out of the ground, and i was like "easy enough" so i walked down the line slaying them, and then one hit me from behind, and i rolled and turned to see that they just keep coming, so i'm fighting the new ones behind me, and one of the old ones barfs bleed maggots all over me, so i make a mad dash through the graveyard, and then just barely lose to the twin blade lady up the way. it's the best souls graveyard i've ever seen. probably even the best graveyard in a video game.

Wait is this the area after Farron Keep bossfight or different? Because this sounds nothing like the grave area I found unless I just didn't go deep enough

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 14, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

on road of sacrifice. right after you fight the guy with the spider shield

Oh ok yeah I just found it and I think this is the level-appropriate place for me to be instead of where I was before . Still dying a lot but it's because of tricks and bull poo poo instead of getting straight up outmuscled and it feels a little better

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I made it to the Curse Tree without finding the Mound Makers so I looked it up. Wow thats pretty obscure lol.

I stumbled upon it by accident but its kinda hosed up since its the one exception to the rule in the series where you aren't able to lock on to NPCs that you can interact with. I guess in this case you aren't interacting with the NPC itself so it makes sense but yeah I never would have found it if I wasn't moving in for the backstab and noticed the prompt to hit X. The cutscene for doing so is extremely freaky and everyone should see it though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

sadly half the time when i invade the host is steps away from the boss fog :/

If you're mound making don't invade, lay down a summon sign and for some reason people will summon you even though afaik there's no benefit in doing so over summoning a white phantom. I get hits all the time from very trusting hosts and it's great

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i just found my first lord of cinders. i sort of want to solo it, and i sort of want to co-op it, since it's an epic co-op battle. i'm just going to solo it, tho.

It was really fun to solo. If you could bring purple phantoms into boss fights I definitely would have done that though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I wish you could rewatch boss cutscenes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

frank.club posted:

for anyone at or near AW can you tell me your current level

I beat em at 35 I think

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Suggestion for Mound Maker's Meta

submitted 6 minutes ago by EmrysRuinde

I realize this is a small subset of the community, but how I would love to see Mound Maker's played is like this:

Agreed truce until before the boss fog, bow, duel to the death.

It's a best of all worlds scenario, and

I suggest we call them The Grapists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

I tried invasions at the Cathedral earlier but got owned every time and used up all my cracked orbs. Does anyone sell them later so I can get the non-cracked one?

I did get summoned as a blue cop for the first time though and we won :cheerdoge:

You don't need to win an invasion to get the full one you just need the item you get from winning the invasion. There's one in the settlement and some enemies drop them

is it even possible to get more cracked after the first 5?

• Locked thread