Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I won't be doing the push up challenge because Ill be going to the gym before each absurdly long sesh. The feeling of crashing on your couch with sore muscles + everything done for the day and playing a gam is insanely good.

Definitely down for sharing first death though. Hopefully not a lovely fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Working out is good for your body and mind and the benefits cannot be overstated

Thread title change lmao

I do three sets of bench, squats and deadlifts each, mixed with supersets four times a week.

Let's do it guys. Let's get fucken ripped

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

in every dark souls game you can throw lloyds talismans at mimics to make them open without attacking......before or after triggering them.

Did not know that!

I punch every chest I find. Bloodborne too but I don't think there's any mimics in that game...

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

18 hours for PC pimps, 24 for console...

Only a meeting, a hardcore gym sesh and probably a long rear end nap stand in my way tomorrow

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

http://imgur.com/VGA74qu

From Soft about to take a dive in the ocean (of cash)

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

About to put shorts on and hit the bench while trying to decide if I'm gonna roll deprived, merc or warrior.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Successful sesh and feeling swole... I decided on deprived because I want this first playthrough to be as memorable and tough as possible. I'm probably gonna aim towards STR/FTH and ideally use a big fuckin axe.

I'll save the merc / dex build for the PC version when I do that in a couple weeks so I can have the powerful combo of fluid fast move sets and 60fps

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

In Training posted:

Ah drat no 11pm release at Gamestop. I'll have to wait till tomorrow , sigh.

drat dude. Are there any other places nearby that might do a midnight release? Walmart?

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

10 minutes for you PC pimps, enjoy. My local shop is very strict about Street date so I gotta wait until midnight. Fortunately I think I've got a good rear end nap incoming

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

First character: BOLD FLAVOR

Leaving for now, will return after midnight.......

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I couldn't nap, so I worked out again. This will probably bite me in the rear end by midnight via energy level but Im prepared to mainline coffee to stay awake until 3am at least.

Sorry to hear about your PC troubles pimps. Hopefully that poo poo gets patched soon.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Just got home and installing 1.03 on PS4. The final thing I have to wait for before I can play this fuckin game. So close...

Edit: the title screen music is insanely epic

beepstreet fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 12, 2016

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

First death: ice creature

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I stayed up until 5 am playing this masterpiece. It was almost a shame finding armor as a deprived, running around as a mud covered freak in a loin cloth was awesome.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

This has got to be the toughest first area in a souls game. The Lothric Knights absolutely do not gently caress around

Definitely. Any time I've tried to get away from them or the hooded guys with daggers to heal I was relentlessly chased and merced. I was expecting this to be easier but I'm glad it's this tough.

Also impressed in the frame rate on ps4 with multiple phantoms. It got BAD in BB but it seems to maintain 30 here unless some really crazy poo poo is happening

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Couple of cool new QoL things I noticed:

-If you do a running jump that only moves horizontal (ie you dont fall during it), let go of the control stick before your feet hit the ground and you won't roll

-Under settings -> Sound and display, the HUD is set to On by default. If you set it to Auto, it works pretty intelligently in hiding and showing individual pieces of the HUD, like if you're sprinting and not in combat, only the stamina bar will appear, etc

I got the Lothric Knight chest piece and it looks awesome. Quality cape physics

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I spent 2 hours invading in the settlement last night and loving people up with my deep battle axe +3. I am so happy with this game.

The odds are usually stacked against you in invasions, but as usual, if you use the environment and enemies you can crush your prey.

A good spot to do this in the settlement is that area with the huge fire, tons of the hollow mobs and the Evangelist. Before the host shows up, you can either break the many explosive barrels so they can't be used against you, or get up above on the vantage point and use them yourself.
The whole area is great for PVP.

There's also that spot on the lower collapsed bridge with all bodies of the hollow turtle shell guys. They're big enough that you can use them to separate groups and manage them easier. And, if you're a real dick, you can hide behind the one that's still alive so he gets aggroed/killed.

I havent found a way to switch to strength scaling yet but I will when I can.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

The woods are about to get a taste of BOLD FLAVOR

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Every time I start up DS3 I have to let the menu music play thru at least once.

This game is definitely a contender for best in the series. I'm so happy with it!!

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

The (early returning DS1 enemy spoiler) darkwraiths are so insanely aggressive, I love it

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I ended the Abyss Watchers with a backstab... The feels, they take me....

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Another way to quickly navigate through deep water is to backstep. You go full speed lol

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Haven't played this game in almost 48 hours and I'm starting to get the shakes. So close. 2 more hours of work then I'm gonna balls deep

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Dogs: Wait for them to attack, hit dodge without moving the stick so you just do the lil jump backwards, r1. No problem.

I managed to drop 3 hosts off the bridge at the end of the catacombs last night. Too easy! It's awesome that people fall for that.

The last guy though... I dropped his phantom but the host wasn't on the bridge yet and I didn't realize you couldn't backtrack without it. He ran away and so I just waited, and waited. I get the pop-up that he's summoned some one else, meaning he ran all the way back to the bonfire. Awhile later, I see them pop out on the cliffside and just stare at me before retreating again I ended up black crystalling out another 15 mins later. What a waste of time. Why so scared of 2v1?

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I hope none of you are neglecting your workouts.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I just tried the PC version on my new computer and it was God Like. Max settings and 60fps. It looks insane!!

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

How far in the game is Lothric Castle? I know I've missed some side areas but that's okay because I'm gonna play this game 100 million times.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Carthus Curved Sword is a beastly weapon. It's so good that I dropped my Lothric Knight sword for it. Combined with Carthus flame arc it's insane. Scimtar moveset and speed, nasty L2 combos, and you can kick with it!!!

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

People poo poo on DS2 as if it still isn't better then 90% of games out there. It's strengths are tons of build options, broader variety of environments, and like others have said choice of routes through the game. The individual level design, animations and and some of the bosses are weak spots, but no poo poo, that's well covered ground. I respect that it tried a different aesthetic, feel and storyline instead of relying on too much DS1 fan service. Maybe in a few years it will be less trendy to hate on it.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Just had a Yhorm match where all three of my summons tried to fight him with normal weapons. He had so much fucken HP that my Storm Ruler R2s were doing like less then a 10th of his bar. did not win, would not recommend

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

In Training posted:

It's still demonstrably worse than ever other game in the series

In a lot of ways yeah, but people use this insane hyperbole about how bad it is sometimes that has me shaking my drat head. I've put more hours into it then any of the other ones because of the stuff I mentioned above, but I still can recognize it doesn't have that singular vision that Miyazaki's top tier games have (art direction, world cohesion, etc).

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

In Training posted:

I don't hate DS2, in fact I've played 150 hours of it. But I'll probably never touch it again, and I'll probably still be playing ds1 or Bloodborne when I'm 50

Agreed. Those two are in a tier of their own.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

anyway, the game is awesome, but i think i've burnt out on it. i still haven't killed SOC on my first char, so i'm going to do that and then call it a day

Same, kinda surprised it happened this fast bit oh well. Im gonna play the Witcher 3 again, now on ultra settings on PC. It looks so insanely loving good. I'll revisit all the souls this fall. Ive been playing then in rotation for the last 2 years straight.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

The last time I played DS3, some fucker summoned me and two more phantoms for his first try on soul of cinder. Shameful

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Soral posted:

i think its really funny when npcs try to drink estus in dark souls 3 but they already used all their sips. like come on man your the computer. you know better than me how many estus you get

The animation is very comical

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Buckle up baby, we goin 2 Londor

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

In Training posted:

The boss music in this is insane. Vordt down, currently rocking the deep axe until I upgrade the mace I bought from Greirat

The Deep Axe is so loving powerful.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

man, the japanese trailer for this was really sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjY99zF3_to&t=60s

It's super spoilery but yeah it's dope. The Pontiff theme is insanely epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

DS2 has the best PVP