Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Average Bear posted:

Getting AIDS for DSIII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Look I know you can stare at mimics to find out but I shoot them with arrows.

Mostly cause of how ds2 loving chests could break and destroy their contents

I definitely ran past a ton of mobs and found a chest, went to open it and said "I bet this is a mimic" and it killed me.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My main character in bloodborne has 240 hours:shopkeeper:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I will miss being able to basically camp the short root chalice for easy easy co-op

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
More like dank souls

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

Also I just noticed that sometimes when you slash enemies there's this blood splash. Like I did a cool slash with a shortsword and it made this sick nasty arc of blood across the wall behind the dude in the direction I swung. That's badass.

This was in bloodborne and I'm super disappointed they took out the dynamic blood effects on clothing. Your clothes would get dynamically covered in blood, water-logged style, and would glisten in the light. It was insanely badass

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm the legion of games posters that won't shut up about their loving master PC specs. Just play the friggen dang game, heck

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love how much the knights yell and grunt. Playing ds2 after bloodborne was weird cause everyone was so loving mute

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't play and download the game cause it slows it to a crawl. I wanna ask, fall control that assassin starts with lets you fall down elevators to activate them? I understand that instant kill fall damage will still kill you, does that just mean out of bounds will still kill you (duh) or you can make any normal falls that wouldn't kill you anyway?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lame. Makes sense

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think I heard killing red eyed mobs refills one so maybe when other people do that it refills

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
If there is a hunter hat in the game i need it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh I wore that hat a lot in my jpn playthrough. I want a robin hood hat or cowboy hat

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

In Training posted:

the follow up r2 uses a good chunk which makes sense since the l2 on its own for the scimitar does nothing. Not that the r2 really does much more, it's less powerful than a normal r1

Keep pressing r2 I think

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I only beat the pontiff in my Japanese play through because I equipped the ring that increases damage slightly after consecutive attacks. I kept dying at 5% and the ring basically made up the difference

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bleed is insanely good when it's good.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The deacons fight is incredible for spamming base ball bat sword swings

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love the intro to abyss watchers

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love all the bosses

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You break the cycle

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

goferchan posted:

I wish you could rewatch boss cutscenes

Good news, YouTube on your big screen buddy. That's right, that's the stuff

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The ambient sound in the forest is insanely loving good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hiding as a pot after the bridge in the catacombs waiting for these guys to come to me.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can reliably dodge horizontal swings with the Stomp sword art. Feels badass

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

a Loving Dog posted:

i dont remember how many estus i had when i did it solo but i finished with 0 and maybe 10 hp left. pretty intense + win

You know it's gonna be a brutal boss fight when you're going to Andre and begging he convert all your ashen estus into normal cause you really need those extra two heals

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
That feel when you invade and find a twinkling lizard and know the host hasn't been down this hallway yet

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do the stones that say things have one use? :captainpop:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal posted:

No theyre infinite.

The stuff dreams are made of

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The greatest enemy in this game is yourself and your awful stamina management from bloodborne. Certain bosses basically punish you into not sprinting full speed across the arena

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bobnumerotres posted:

i summoned a red phantom, and did the "bring it" gesture when i saw him. he chugged all his estus, did the legion etiquette gesture and blessed his dagger w/ dark and whipped out a havel shield

first thing he did was roll into me, i caught him w/ the butcher knife and stunlocked him to death in one combo. did the patches squat

Legendary

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

SM64Guy posted:

the loving item corpses. gently caress you!!!

Seriously got me every loving time

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Soral posted:

i've seen people putting messages that say "stay calm" in other spots just to psyche people out lol gets me every time

That rules.

That area is loving insidious. Like, I didn't really think much of it when I first went through but apparently it stayed with me because I remember it extremely vividly.

Esp when you get scared by the one thing: the loving lizard baby thing in the cell on the wall. Your characters ambient light hits it and I think the worst part is it didn't attack you

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Vordts charging and the music change is v powerful

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I shot one of those water things when I first got there and was really disgusted

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bobnumerotres posted:

Purple invaders: Honorable. Gesture trigger happy. Will sit in the sidelines if you have another invader or are doing pve. Nicest guys you'll ever meet.
Red and Blues: Disgusting. Gankers. Twisted loving psychopaths

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
As a psycho path who poured several cycles and countless hours into chalice dungeons perfecting my gems I'm not going to come in here and pretend that locking superior rings behind ng plus cycles doesn't actually get me very horny

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't tell you how many runs through undead parish I did up past the boar before I saw the ladder shortcut under the bridge.

I'm somewhat disappointed that the high wall didn't gently caress me for hours like central yharman though

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It deleted your character

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't know what thread it was or who posted it but I'm still laughing at "memes or some say... Maymays"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You know what's loving amazing? The game automatically mutes the music if you are listening to Spotify

• Locked thread