Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Darth Walrus posted:

Prediction: Masaki turns into a bear (again), eats everyone, hooks up with Maimai.

Many years later, the events of Yuri Kuma Arashi begin.

Mayoiga is the anime that will save narcissism

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I like and fully agree with execution girl.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I like and fully agree with execution girl.

She was a bit to keen on the idea when it came to the bus driver, but I'm not sure I have any objections to Lovepon's suggestion re: Yottsun, no.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

She was a bit to keen on the idea when it came to the bus driver, but I'm not sure I have any objections to Lovepon's suggestion re: Yottsun, no.

Well, apart from the redundancy. :v:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Huh, I had forgotten about their whole "start a new life" thing. Man, that's a pretty huge thing for someone to do; outside of the desperate ones (girl being stalked, guy whose business went under, etc.) and the ones who were skeptical of the whole thing (detective, rich rear end in a top hat), I wonder what really got them to do something that crazy.

Also, Valkana's actually finally done something I liked in getting people to stop bullying Masaki. Dude's an rear end in a top hat control freak, but at least he's not awful about everything.

Speedstar's being a creep, though, which is a shame because he was one of the ones on my "kind of like" list.

I do like Maimai's being likely right about Mitsumune being dangerous, even if her reasons for it are completely off.

Judgeness freaking out is both funny and embarrassing. Augh.

...And I wasn't expecting Jack's flip out. That was decidedly less funny, wow. Though, I guess he's someone with a real reason to be here too.

Oh wow, Lovepon is getting way to into this execution thing. She looks so excited about the "execution room".

Aaand we're learning why Valkana's how he is. Well, that's a pretty sympathetic story. Guy needs to stop being such an rear end himself, but he's moved up quite a few notches on my character rankings. (Used to be near the bottom, now he's above all the people I don't really care about because they haven't done much of anything and whatnot.) ...Though his reaction to Koharun made him take a hit and move back down a little again.

Holy poo poo Lovepon, what the hell is wrong with you. This is the person who needs to be in that jail here.

...And now she's trying to kill Mitsumune. He's not my favorite character but that's a bit extreme. ...Though wow, that's not the right reaction to someone trying to kill you either, dude.

Oh, and hey there, Yottsun. You're looking more intact than I was expecting.

Darth Walrus posted:

Well, apart from the redundancy. :v:

I hadn't gotten that far when I posted that.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Holy poo poo Lovepon, what the hell is wrong with you. This is the person who needs to be in that jail here.

same

Roland Jones posted:

...And now she's trying to kill Mitsumune. He's not my favorite character but that's a bit extreme. ...Though wow, that's not the right reaction to someone trying to kill you either, dude.

same

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

aaahhhh, this episode was good. this show's good.

Neeksy posted:

Mitsumune's friend is really controlling and creepy, I can't wait for his façade to get torn away and we find out he organized the bullying to make the kid become dependent on him or something equally insane.
agreed, something is absolutely up about all of that, and i'm looking forward to seeing what it will be

edit: also the track that plays in the preview segment (and has been played in parts of episodes) is spooky but catchy, and i enjoy it a whole lot

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 16, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Oh, and hey there, Yottsun. You're looking more intact than I was expecting.

Oh, maybe Pukey killed him? And earlier she went away alone to hide his body?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I imagine that the bear (who may or may not be Masaki) freaked him out and caused him to drown in the river. Now, if he doesn't have any claw injuries, things could get real interesting - in that case, who provided the blood?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I'm not sure. Masaki could have been lying, but, well, we don't know. We saw the bloody claw marks on the tree, but we also saw Yottsun in seemingly one piece at the end of the episode, and next episode is apparently called "Yottsun's Drowning".

There are a lot of little things but very little solid evidence to go on here.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Darth Walrus posted:

I imagine that the bear (who may or may not be Masaki) freaked him out and caused him to drown in the river. Now, if he doesn't have any claw injuries, things could get real interesting - in that case, who provided the blood?

If the bear is a human, I'm betting on it being Yuuno, just due to her oddly vigorous rejection of a world in which bears happen to exist.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the werebear theory is weird. dunno what even started it, lol

just going from there being somebody watching Mitsumune in the woods and Koharun noticing the crop maintenance, there's definitely somebody who has either been to the village or at least one of the old villagers is still there.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

the werebear theory is weird. dunno what even started it, lol

Probably the weird print that was supposedly a mix of a bear's paw print and a human footprint.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

No, Masaki is the killer.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
RIP Yottsun, so black he could rap, die first and also not swim.

Seriously that eye was real creepy, and Lovepon is the best character.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Probably the weird print that was supposedly a mix of a bear's paw print and a human footprint.

personally i'd hope for giant tanuki, that'd be cool.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

personally i'd hope for giant tanuki, that'd be cool.

Alas, poor Yottsun, smothered by giant magical testicles.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
In addition to the farming, they have a working stove. Is someone paying to keep the utilities on in this supposedly uncharted village?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

varukana: revenge of yospos

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

esselfortium posted:

In addition to the farming, they have a working stove. Is someone paying to keep the utilities on in this supposedly uncharted village?

I seriously doubt there's a gas line, alot of places use gas cannisters for cooking.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mitsumune covering his crotch while Lovepon describes her prefered execution style could have so many different meanings.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

varukana: revenge of yospos

OK, so we've also got Dozaemon (GWS), Nyanta (GIP), Jigoku (RSF), Yottsun (NMD)... who else?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nyanta is TFR though

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Nyanta is TFR though

A reasonable point.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Darth Walrus posted:

OK, so we've also got Dozaemon (GWS), Nyanta (GIP), Jigoku (RSF), Yottsun (NMD)... who else?

Lovepon is D&D.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Lovepon is D&D.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

WitchFetish posted:

RIP Yottsun, so black he could rap, die first and also not swim.

Where has your posting been all my life?

Also RIP systems engineer guy. You told your whole backstory, you might as well be 2 days from retirement now.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Also also: Regardless of how dumb this show gets, "PS: new life comes with bears." has already made it worth it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Also also: Regardless of how dumb this show gets, "PS: new life comes with bears." has already made it worth it.

it's the only good thing Yuuno has done, but it was very very good

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The Devil Tesla posted:

Mitsumune covering his crotch while Lovepon describes her prefered execution style could have so many different meanings.

it's just because she's describing being quartered and you usually get split from that method starting from the crotch area

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's just because she's describing being quartered and you usually get split from that method starting from the crotch area

You say that, but Mitsumune's been shown to have some pretty crossed wires where girls are concerned.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

You say that, but Mitsumune's been shown to have some pretty crossed wires where girls are concerned.

quote:

Truly the most hosed up of them all.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's played as a castration joke or whatever you wanna call it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it's played as a castration joke or whatever you wanna call it

Yeah, I get that, but when he gets turned on shortly afterwards by a girl's wet shirt while she's trying to strangle/drown him, it's hard not to wonder.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I hope that Mitsumune dies and Jack takes his place as the protagonist.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I thought I'd posted after episode two about how Lovepon would be the best, but I guess I didn't, so I can't claim to be the driver of the Execution bandwagon, but count me in anyways. :getin:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, I get that, but when he gets turned on shortly afterwards by a girl's wet shirt while she's trying to strangle/drown him, it's hard not to wonder.

i hope mitsumune inaverdently saves his life from someone just about to murder him by them noticing that he's turned on by it and just giving the gently caress up

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

alcharagia posted:

I hope that Mitsumune dies and Jack takes his place as the protagonist.

He wouldn't be my first choice, purrsonally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Count another one for the execution brigade. Also, I hope Nyanta gets more focus. I want that uzi to see some use :black101:

• Locked thread