Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dragonatrix posted:

It's also worrying because Another was just bad.

no it wasn't :mad:

random screencaps :

Seriously though, this show is extremely enjoyable because it's like some sort of large cast self aware slasher where anything can happen : most of the cast is either on the spectrum, plain insane or has "designated murder victim" written on them, the village is creepy as gently caress (the hell is that weird tyre statue in the middle of the village?), there's this mysterious "unlucky hypopotamus" figure being alluded to (something like the Yellow King in True Detective?), most of the character interactions are nonsensical (eveyone forgetting that the bus driver tried to murder them 2 seconds ago) and there's already the possibility of giant werebears murdering people.

Now let's start taking bets on who's gonna die next episode. Aside from Yottsun "the rapping rapist", I can't quite decide. Maybe one of the Yuuno/e/a?

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah, if you expect something 100% serious this is not going to be a show for you, and I think a scene like the one where Houkaku no Judgeness and Jack have a chat should have clued you in. I think this will play out like some sort of semi-serious slasher movie, except with a slight modern japanese pop culture twist to it (so instead of like jock, nerd, stoner, slut, token black guy, pure virgin and so on we get chuuni, gun otaku, akward loner, weirdo couple and so on).

fake edit :
- I hope the gun otaku and the survival nutjob get together before they die, they would make the best idiot couple.
- I bet that Piitan and Manbe are running away because they are a disgusting incest couple. I mean, they said something like "our parents don't want us to marry" so I'm most likely right.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Petiso posted:

I took it as their RESPECTIVE parents don't want them to marry, you know, a la Romeo and Juliet? They might end up dying in the same way to make it more melodramatic.

That's entirely reasonable, but I'm expecting a ~~shocking twist~~ because that would be more entertaining, wouldn't it?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
RIP Yottsun, so black he could rap, die first and also not swim.

Seriously that eye was real creepy, and Lovepon is the best character.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's basically some sort of japanese Silent Hill in which people hallucinate stuff from their subconscious/traumatic memories (Bus Driver's daughter, murderous jack for Hyouketsu no Assness and so on...). What isn't real clear yet is if it's possible for people to hallucinate stuff from other people's psyches (they all saw the "giant mitsumune", but the beast in the wood sounded different depending on who heard it).

• Locked thread