Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
What stats do I focus on if I want to make a viking warlord warrior dude bro that just smashes poo poo to pieces with an axe and uses absolutely no magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Tell me more about Pyromancers.

(Pure magic build class? Can you spec around weapons? What weapons work good for them if any?)

All the twitch superstars are posting videos on youtube about how much Pyromancers suck and how much magic sucks and other stupid bullshit that probably isn't true.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM25-lz1Yms

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
I guess this is my first souls game assuming Bloodborne doesn't count.

What the gently caress is a fat roll? Some kind of sushi?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
So I hosed up and picked the fireball spew spell instead of Havel's Ring when turning in a soul of a stray demon. I'm doing a heavy armor strength axe build. Am I totally hosed now or is there something else that reduces equipment burden by 15% or more?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Well gently caress.

Looks like my entire character is ruined due to not being able to get 1 loving ring.

Re-roll time....

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Sooooo... umm....

How do you pull off backstabs? Like I can get behind a dude and press lb/r1/whatever, but it never "ticks" and just does a basic attack. Also, how do you parry attacks? Same issue where I will try and press rb/l1/whatever right before the enemy strikes, but my dude just flails his shield, nothing "ticks", and I end up getting hit.

Can you parry with swords 2-handed?

Also, what's so special about holding down left trigger with a 2H sword and having your guy do an attack in "stance" mode?

Praise the MOON!

Avalanche fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 29, 2016

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Brannock posted:

Sooooo... umm....

Absolutely none of that was spoiler worthy.

Praise the MOON!

Well yea

But it's a little embarrassing

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Will using a purging stone bought from Yuria gently caress up the Yuria questline? I'm guessing no but just want to make sure. It is very important that my character looks fabulous through this playthrough.Very important.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Trying to make a LvL 80 Str build centered around the +5 Demon's Greataxe and could use some advice:

Present build
Warrior lvl 80

Vig 25
Att 6
End 27
Vit 21
Str 40
Dex 15
Int 12
Fai 12
Luk 11

Should I be toning down a little on Vig and Str, and dump some of those points into End instead? The axe kicks rear end, but End limits it to about 3 swings in 1 go in addition to a 4th optional swing during stamina recovery (if that's even counted). I was using it at +3 during pvp yesterday. I didn't win anything due to constant 3 v 1. but there were many occasions where I was almost able to kill a dude or two with a single right trigger hold hit (whatever the hell that's called). Problem was I would be completely out of stamina, and the dudes getting invaded would roll back after getting smacked and pop Estus.

I could probably remove a few points from Dex, but that would kill the ability to use any other swords. Fai and Luck are unfortunately stuck where they are since the axe has a min req. of 12 Fai and 12 Luck.

Should I be toning down on everything and just dumping into End?

What about vit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
gently caress you Nameless King. Took 2 hours to kill that rear end in a top hat.

Actually, gently caress the nameless king Dragon. That thing was way more of a pain in the rear end. I didn't really know what an "iframe" was until NK and that ended up being pretty manageable after 10+ tries and getting his pattern down.

The stupid loving dragon though...

Camera was all over the loving place, the thing literally shits out fire, and the head hitbox was way too small. Had to do that portion at least 20 times.

What weapon is best to grab from the NK soul for a STR build? The polearm or the curved sword?