Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
So... I'm getting a crash where the video-card stops sending image to the monitor, I can still hear windows stuff. I checked the log from gpu-z and the temperature is never higher than 65, can a game crash like this ? Or is it a hardware thing ? Didn't find this error playing other games yet (only played Dota 2 and DS3 this week). I'll try to run 3DMark to see if it crashes with high load.

Anyone had anything like this ever happen ?

Log of the final moments by gpu-z:
http://paste.ofcode.org/vAqVXmEMR7aaZGGCQKzdzb

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
This game really needs some cheesey gimmick invader npcs (well, and summons), they're the most fun

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Ice Fist posted:

The small white soapstone was great. Made it easy to get your humanity back and also encouraged people to pick up small sign summons because hey man they're just trying to get their humanity back.

This, and you even got a small thinghy to give the crow. Bring small soapstone back From :colbert:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I'm all in for Goon fight clubs, sounds fun

JetsGuy posted:

So I'm still trying to figure out whether I should be trying to use a proper weapon for my Sorcerer runthrough or whether I should just be spending muh upgrades on the basic staff and using it as my melee weapon since it scales so well with INT.

Any suggestions sorcerers?

Grab a raw/fire weapon for the beggining/mid game and avoid having a miserable life hitting stuff with your wand

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Philosopher King posted:

Are there any guides out there that talk about conflicting questlines? I just don't wanna go too far into my game and gently caress something I wanna do with one guy by doing something for another guy.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Side+Quests

In order, by area. I'd probably read the sirris/greirat/irina pages too, they're the easiest to gently caress up

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

lite_sleepr posted:

I can use Yoel to level up? What is 'Draw out my True Strength?' Is this like when Guru put his hand on Krillin and Gohan and they powered up?

Yes

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I'm having way too many problems summoning phantoms for boss fights :(

Got to the secret area now, I'll finally finish the game tomorrow. Game is good, also, judge my fashion souls:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
My only wish was that I'd get an ember when I killed invaders. Most of the invasions I got were pretty cool and varied builds, I can't get mad when I'm killed if the guy spent a little effort creating a character. Twink invasions are lame though.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
One of the DLCs should be some pre-made arenas where you can fight all the bosses or some pre-made group of enemies. (Make it a place for pvp too) (Add some balance patch to make other weapons more viable).

Go alone or summon some friends to fight in the arenas, please FROM :pray:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Farming these covenant items is terrible now, I miss the first few weeks of the game, signs everywhere.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Went with a 41 lvl char.... maybe I'll come back later

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Zaphod42 posted:

Its real real good but souls games have so many amazing memorable levels, I dunno if I can call it the best. Maybe best for DS3. But then there's Anor Londo part deux, and cathedral of the deep I really liked too.
DS1 has blighttown, anor londo, sen's fortress,
Just so hard to compare.

:confused:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
The vertical part is cool but the whole level is pretty ugly with respawning mosquitoes and no interesting enemies, on a whole I think I like Shulva the best

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Your Computer posted:

Is there a way to cheese the Crystal Sage?

I'm trying to figure out how quickly I can get to the DLC on a fresh character :madmax:

Clones are the ones using blue magic, the original one is using purple spells. Run at him and hit with a fast and high damage weapon (best one at this time of the game is probably a raw astora straight sword with lightning resin).

If the clones are giving you trouble equip some throwing knives, they're fast and only need one hit to make a clone disappear.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
The decision that torches could only be lit at bonfires or using some consumable on DS 2 was dumb.

Dark levels that you gradually advance with a torch in hand are cool.

Inspector_666 posted:

I really need to actually play Dark Souls at some point. I've tried but it just...doesn't click for some reason.

You should try it with a controller, it plays much better :v:

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 25, 2017

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Does the covenant items still have crazy low drop rates ? I really don't want to spend hours grinding those :negative: (or continuously invade others)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Nuebot posted:

I saw the ghost of some poor fool farming up sword grass with the mimic head and everything while I was rushing through the swamp. I got like five drops just putting out the 3 fires. If you're on PC; just cheat. It's the sane thing to do.

Watchdogs is super active for some reason though. I didn't see a single one in the actual swamp, but in crabtown I could barely go a minute without getting hit by one or two. Fun times.

Last time I played I would get 2 invasions per hour doing Watchdogs, I'm on PC so... cheat it is then. Gotta waste some time until the DS remaster

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Got all my wolf grass really fast but the Blue Sentinels never gives me summons.

I wouldn’t mind if they added “if you kill someone who invaded you, you’ll get your covenant item” at least you’d get something out of invasions, as they are now they’re just inconvenient most of the time.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Maleh-Vor posted:

Purples can only invade people with phantoms, usually multiple, since their target is killing all phantoms that were up when they invaded. It can be a bit harsh since you'll generally be invading gank squads.

You don’t need to kill everyone, you only need to kill one (host included).

I normally leave my sign as a purp then If the host is being invaded by a red I’ll help him, unless he has a blue, then I help the red :getin:

I got a lot of summons in the bonfire before the area hit by arrows as a purp, after that, none, should’ve stayed there low level until I got 30 :negative:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is Demon Soul's worth buying a used PS3 for? It's literally the only game on that console that I want to play but can't.

King of Solomon posted:

I hear PS3 emulation is getting really good these days, but if that's not an option, yes absolutely. Demon's Souls is incredible, even with all the jank.

https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=Demon%27s_Souls

You can even play at 4K@60fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx66X9dzXo0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Gank squads may be the norm but I experienced some pretty awesome chaotic group fights in the swamp. Blue, red and purple ghosts running around fighting and my character running for his life. Good times

Purple ghosts were a nice idea, but it needed some more tinkering with the mechanics. It rapidly became a "summon someone to fight" and not the "will he help me ? attack me?" intended. Maybe add more incentives to summon the wild card covenant and some different (and useful) reward for the ghost to help?

Hope they do some fun stuff with multiplayer in Elden Ring :getin: