Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Setting my lighting to low completely fixed the crashing issue for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I really love it when I'm invading and the host has the bug where they're locked in the idle animation so you can't see any of their swings or rolls.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

So the Player Vs Player multiplayer is insanely bad and they walked back every improvement from DS2 in favor of actually worse versions of the blood bourne systems right.

I stopped playing bloodborne because the pvp was so abysmal. This feels more like DS1 but with added cry babies because 90% of the people I've invaded have had at minimum 2 phantoms at all times and they just mash R1 and body you.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

a cop posted:

Lol. Going unarmed, waiting for people to attack you, parrying, and switching to a different weapon to follow up owns in pvp.

This is how I played my pugilist character in dark souls 2. Thinking about reviving him for 3 but with the way pvp is looking like it's panning out it might be terrible.

https://gfycat.com/FirmWellinformedKentrosaurus

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

a cop posted:

It's been aight for me but I'm still early on (only in the mid 30s), what's wrong with that gyfcat though?? Looks like the punching guy is getting some good staggering hits in and the shield guy isn't actively defending.

He put his shield up the split second before I kicked and parried him.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Eonwe posted:

i just got to the road of sacrifies, how far am I away from being able to join rosaria's fingers?

The area after the one you're in.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Cool it's unlimited invasions right?

Technically you can get the full red eye orb without ever going to that area.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

a cop posted:

Oh gently caress there's a full red eye orb in this????

Hella man.

At firelink there will be a guy leaning against the big throne, he'll give you 5 cracked red orbs. He'll disappear until you get a tongue which can be found in undead settlement, cathedral or from sucessfully killing a host. Then he'll give you a key for the door at the bottom of the tower at the second bonfire on the wall. There's a darkwraith down it who drops the orb.

Harrow posted:

I do not like the Cathedral of the Deep, not one tiny loving bit. The whole outside zone is just one huge mob rush and this isn't loving Bloodborne, From, I don't have the toolset for this.

There was a lot of cursing.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The thing I've noticed about enemies in DS3 is that they attack about 20 times more than the point where you think their animation has ended. DS1 they had animations, you learned to dodge them. In DS2 the enemies attacked *just* after the point where you think they're going to so it messes up your timing. DS3 is just WHARLBLARHARLGLARG and then a whirlwind of gently caress.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I WANNA BE A SAIKYOU HERO.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Man reading this bit on the wiki for the Mound Makers is kind of depressing

"Invading as a Mound Maker will prioritize worlds with many players, allowing for maximum chaos. (confirmed in Prima guide)"

That's different from any other invasion...how? I got the full red eye orb on my lv11 guy and man. Almost every single player has 2 summons babysitting them through the entire experience. Even when I get summoned with the white soapstone, you don't do enough damage to burn through the full amount of estus the host has.

e: oh yeah if you invade as a mound maker you have to kill 2 phantoms or the host as opposed to just 1. Good look trying to do that with the lag and animation bugs almost every fight :haw:

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 14, 2016

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I've died more to the 3 pontiff knights at the start of irithyll than I have to all the bosses in the game so far :suicide:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Oh, this is Irithyll dungeon..wait.

Where did my health go.

Oh..oh no.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 15, 2016

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Chameleon is the best spell.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

darksouls3pvp.jpg

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Gortarius posted:

questions about rings:

Is there a Ring of the Living (one that makes you look normal as a phantom) and what does the Horsehoof ring do? Is it like a comical knockback kick or what?

This is from 4 pages back but the horsehoof ring lets you break the guard of greatshields and it works on npc's too like the lance knight assholes.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm completely lost in Irithyll Dungeon. I killed the giant and found Siegward through the window, but the shortcut takes me right back to the bonfire and I haven't found another way forward.

Go through the area at the very bottom with the 10 jailers.

Also separate question. Is there a ring that can disguise a phantom as a host? Because sometimes when I invade I see 2 hosts of embers and they don't have a phantom glow.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I'm fairy certain that I just invaded someone in china, even though I have cross-region play turned off :thumbsup:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

hahaha jesus christ. Just invaded a guy and he burned all of his estus, then spent the next 2+ minutes sprinting away from me, of which I could do nothing because if you try to attack someone who's sprinting you slow down just enough for them to get away. He ran all the way from the giant in the dungeon to the bonfire just to summon someone so he could beat me. loving aggravating. Also somehow he just kept chugging even though I know for sure he drank more than 11.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Tamayachi posted:

Was it NG+? You get more shards there, though I don't know what the full cap is. I'm at 12 after just starting it.

Nah, just NG lv50. I just wish hitting someone while they're sprinting staggered them for a few second.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs

Unlrelated. I invaded a guy and he was stood there alone with full smough armour & hammer so I figure okay, let's loving game.

Then a second person walked out

Then a THIRD one walked out and slowly walked at me with their hammers held high.

I still won :c00lbert:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

double nine posted:

I'm starting to feel that parrying is just not worth it - sure it looks cool but the penalty for failure is massive AND the chance of messing up is incredibly high. Doubly so in PVP.

Convince me of the merits of parrying because right now it feels like a detriment to my enjoyment of the game.

Parrying feels useless in pvp when it only does like <400 damage and the host can just roll away 5 times and heal up.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I am not happy about being completely locked out of mound makers now before NG+.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

GreyPowerVan posted:

have you considered throwing an undead hunters talisman while they're on the ground after parrying? ty

Yes, quite a few times. It takes so long to throw that by the time they've gotten up and rolled away, you've probably missed. Then they run away till the debuff is gone. Oh yeah and for some reason they only let you carry 5 at at time :downs:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Norns posted:

One and a half outa 3 ain't bad!

"people are crashing at bonfires? Well it's working for us, so I don't know what their problem is!"

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

TescoBag posted:

To be fair, they have fixed this!

Huh, I think you're right. I just loaded the game up and my lighting was already on low so I put it to high and I haven't crashed yet.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Should Greirat be selling me the pontiff curved sword from Irithyll on my fresh deprived character?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I doubt they'll ever restore fist weapons and claws to their former glory :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

re: enemies attack chat. I just fought the Nameless King and man, phase 2 of that fight just feels completely unfair. He does a quick 2 hit combo which is fine, then he has an incredibly delayed strong attack which I saw him do 3 times in a loving row. I think only 1 of his attacks is actually punishable in that you can hit him more than once without eating half your HP to a spear.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Jesus, and I thought Nameless King was loving stupid with his unpunishable attacks, Gundyr can just gently caress right off.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I recall them changing that ring that made you half invisible and untargetable in DS1. But I can't remember how long it took them to do it. I really think they should change the poise because at least then it might add a little variety instead of the incredibly stale meta we have only 2 weeks since release.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

You could trip over a corpse and find more souls than you get from invading.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

DS3 is still a good game even though they brought over the bad mechanics from DS1 & 2 and seems like they didn't learn loving anything in the process of making it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Don't ask.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

fuckin' lmaoing at poise, specifically everyone who went through all that effort to try and talk us out of sayings its broke as gently caress

being vindicated owns

No but..see. Hyper armour is the new poise..and equip load is the new hyper armour. Shutup. JUST SHUTUP GOD. I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE NOT.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Weapon art on the Moonlight Greatsword is actually pretty loving amazing for baiting out people who try to roll into you then you hit them for over 600.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

il serpente cosmico posted:

This is essentially how it worked in BB, and it was lame

How it worked in BB is that you could only be invaded while you were actively searching for co-op and was a completely loving backwards and terrible system.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Ran into my very first hacker using trainers to take no damage.

He was loving stupid enough to follow me and the red phantom to an edge where we proceeded to stunlock him till he fell off and died.

:byewhore:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Just fought a guy running the luck/bleed/twinsword build and holy :lol: it builds up like 3/4 of your bar with 1 L2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Doesn't that have the potential to one shot people with a combo?

I invaded the guy 3 times, the first 2 he beat me and the 3rd a second sunbro invader came and I watched them fight. He did like nearly 900 damage with 1 L2 + R2 combo to the guy and he was on a sliver of HP afterwards.I Beat him after though.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 29, 2016