Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
Anyone dealing with some serious tearing of graphics in the game? Every time I move my camera I'm getting seasick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Is anybody using a a wired 360 controller successfully using it in game? so far nobody i know who has one including me is able to. its not recognized.

Mine's working fine, didn't have to configure anything.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

The Gorp posted:

Need help.
Is there any pattern to the Crystal Sages teleports? Do the crystals he leaves behind when warping give some indication or what?

Also there's a stat on my character called "hollowing" and its at 99.
What does this mean and what do I do about it.

Not that I'm aware of. I just rushed him down as quickly as I could. The longer he stays *up* the harder the fight is.

EDIT: Covenant stuff: Blue Sentinels still doesn't ever proc a counter-invade! I've had the covenant since I found it and not one counter-invade in 3 hours.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
Killed the "first" (I might have missed an optional one?) 6 bosses so far; having a loving blast. 5th boss: Deacons of the Deep fight is probably my favorite so far; they made a horde boss actually cool and good and subverted the "play defensively, forever" strategy that works for 99% of Dark Souls.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
Finally hit a boss that's throwing up a wall for me: The Dual Weilding Pontiff guy. So fast, and I can't find many openings, and then P2 starts and it's just over. :darksouls:

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
I can't wait until the majority of the thread gets to The Pontiff fight. If you're doing a no-summons run like me, it is an absolute nightmare.

Also (much later on), The double dragons at the entrance to the castle got an actual laugh out of me! "One dragon wasn't enough? Fuckit, add more dragon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
All done! 19 hours on my first blind character, no boss summoning. Ending stuff: I did the link the fire ending, though I suspect I was close to another ending if I gave the fire keeper her eyes? Dunno, time to do some reading!

Estoc + fast shields for parrying or emergency blocks carried me all the way through. Estoc club for life.

Hardest boss for me was The loving pontiff. Nothing quite lived up to that fight as a solo player. I have a feeling I'd have an entirely different list with summon help, though; I could see Twin Princes being harder rather than easier with help, for example.

Pretty sure I hosed up every single questline along the way, too, so looking forward to figuring out where I went wrong.