Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Am I supposed to just run past the giant in the church? It feels like there should be a better way to get past him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Alkydere posted:

The frozen dog dude in the church basement? Well you can man up and kill him for his ice-sword. Or you can lure him back to the convenient hole in the ground that the elevator makes when it leaves and let gravity and Dark Souls pathing AI do its job.

Either way, free ice-sword.

Nah, you'll know what I mean when you get there

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if i'm not planning on using any sorceries is there any downside to killing the sorcerer dude? He won't talk to me anyway

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Genocyber posted:

To my knowledge there really aren't any faith scaling weapons. The closest things would be a few weapons that have faith scaling, but their predominant damage is physical (usually high strength stuff). If you want a faith weapon you'll have to stick with infusable stuff and use either the blessed or lightning paths.

You get a spear from the cathedral with E strength E dex and D faith scaling

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If this is the "Watchdog of Farron," I'm honestly not sure myself. I'm kinda curious if it's like the Old Monk DeS fight, where a random player gets summoned to take the spot or something. If it's an NPC, it's really good at imitating a real player. They were using taunts, rolling away like a crazy person, and didn't use an estus until I did. That was the point that made me wonder if it was a real person - it was basically an honor duel until I healed, then they used estus and did the "well, what is it" pose, or something close. It was also trying to bait me into the swamp.

It behaves so differently from the other NPC invasions I've come across so far that I almost can't believe it's not a real person, but I have no idea what the mechanics behind it are. I was a Bluecop at the time too, so I'm not sure what triggers the invasion.

it's this game's forest covenant

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think the hardest part about invading is that the host has the massive HP buff, so a 1 on 1 scenario is already pretty weighted against the phantom

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Philthy posted:

Are there just not that many weapons in this game? DS2 had hundreds. Getting demon souls let you craft some pretty crazy uniques as well. Even before the expansions. Is this game really small or something?

what makes you say this

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Philthy posted:

All the recent posts. Not my personal experiences. I find it hard to believe there arent a few faith scaling weapons, or that the broadsword seems to be pretty popular rather than some obscure unique etc. Im just honestly curious.

That guys insanely retarded, there's a bunch of faith scaling weapons. Some from the world some from boss souls and then you can always stick a blessed gem in a regular weapon to turn it into a faith scaling one.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The thing I've noticed about enemies in DS3 is that they attack about 20 times more than the point where you think their animation has ended. DS1 they had animations, you learned to dodge them. In DS2 the enemies attacked *just* after the point where you think they're going to so it messes up your timing. DS3 is just WHARLBLARHARLGLARG and then a whirlwind of gently caress.

I've noticed a lot more enemies who rotate a kick into their 3 or 4 hit combo, so it's not just about knowing when to start attacking, but when to dodge vs block too

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lightning Stake is the sweetest miracle and works shockingly well in PvP

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

do rings that do stuff like "reduce spell casting time" and "boost spell duration" affect miracles/pyromancies? or is it strictly sorceries

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

what talisman gives the most spell buff at 40-50 faith?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

every single souls DLC has been the best part of their respective games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Oh, now that I have Lightning Enchant available maybe I should give Faith another try

honestly the best miracles are the buffs so I'd stick with a different infusion