Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Where's the bone fist in dis game? I wanna fly kick fools ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

This weapon arts business worries me. Does this mean I HAVE to use shields now?

EDIT also LUCK? From loves introducing strange new mechanics that enrage fans. Looking forward to 30 pages of "LUCK ruined the series" chat.

White Phosphorus fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 11, 2016

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

porkinson posted:

Steam is pushing that stupid controller of theirs with ds3 for 40% off.
Is it good for ds? Any one with any experience with that controller?

The controller is extremely customizable and will take quite a bit of time to tune it to perfection. But once you set it up it is very good. I've been using it for my DS2 replay and the only issue with it, is it's size makes it hard to do crazy reach arounds to do inventory management in the heat of the moment. Setting up the left track pad to work as a mouse offers very precise camera control. And forcing the right track pad to act as a 4-way switch makes fast inventory switching downright easy.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Can you re-spec in this game like you could in DS2?

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Any word on the port forwarding in DSIII?

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Fuzz posted:

Look at all these people posting about PvP while also taking about buying the PC version, like it won't be full of hackers and cheaters within the first 48 hours*.

* - Console versions will turn into the same thing, mind you, it just might take an extra few days.

Killing hackers is the pinnacle of Dark Soul PVP. The kick is back so it should be easy peasy.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

My anus is ready!

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

This is because that fucker John Kerry didn't apologize for the bombing.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Appoda posted:

I think this might be the first Souls game in which I prefer the Broadsword over the Longsword. The charged 1H R2 has better reach than my starting spear.

I managed to get the game to stop crashing by turning the lighting to low as everyone has said, but I still get hang-ups every so often -- the framerate is silky smooth 99% of the time, but when the hang-up happens, it's like the game freezes. It eventually unfreezes, so it's not unplayable, but man, is it really annoying.

I think the game is saving when that happens. Look in the upper right corner for the flame icon popping up.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Man this game is hard without a shield.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

I got invaded by a blue phantom in the forest that had no name. Was it a person or an AI I seriously couldn't tell.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

drat giant Yhorm was an amazing fight without the storm ruler.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I assume you are joking because that would be the most tedious thing in the entire game. His attack patterns aren't even complex, if would just be boring

Don't dis it till you try it. It's boring if you hack his legs or something. If you go for his vulnerable points then it's like the tree fight on speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Pick axe is good. I drag it around on my back for looks and sometimes I bust it out in pvp for a few hits. The stamina buff is great if you are into aggressive play "stamina advantage" stuff. Wouldn't use it exclusively though. It's good when you are using pole arms and some rear end in a top hat keeps rolling in really close, so you give them the pick axe a few times and they back off.