Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I seem to be stuck.

I need some doll to enter the mist in the winter area, I dont have it and without going back and combing every area to this point I'm not sure whats next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

Things I'm liking so far:

-Interconnectedness of early areas

Umm. Yeah I definitely hosed up. I was thinking the game is very linear so far? Is that why I'm stuck?
Start->Firelink->Lothric->Undead Settlement->Road of Sacrifices->Farron->Catacombs->Irithyll but I dont have the doll. What do?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

At this point I feel like a lot will get nerfed very fast. Maybe its just me. I started a couple months ago replaying all the games starting with DeS and was recapping DS2 right up til about 20 mins before the game unlocked yesterday. But man, especially bosses I am just steamrolling, so far the [spoilers]Abyss Watchers[/spoilers] are all that took me more than 2 tries, many one shots.

I meant to touch on the bows especially. Got the long bow first off, and with the arrows readily available from the merchant I can two or three shot most things, especially with the AI as mentioned before

codo27 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 12, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

A Magical Lamp posted:

Yay I found Blighttown 3.0. Hopefully it isn't too terrible.

Its a paradise compared to that.

After beating Vordt you are looking right down on where you go next. When you get down there, if you look back to the Lothric part of the bridge thats out with the dead dragon, opposite all those weird humpback things dead on the ground, there is at least one item I can see. I cant figure out how to get over there, obviously has to be while still at Lothric but I feel like I've been everywhere.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 12, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Okay this fat bitch reading sermons is pissing me off. She does more damage than a boss Jesus gently caress

Listen closely, I'm pretty sure she says something about "the bastards curse". In short, arrows

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

Go back to Road of Sacrifices/nice part of the swamp to find another path.

No siree bob can I find this elusive other path

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fuzz posted:

That's really hard when the stupid pillars keep loving up my camera and make me face the wrong way.

You can turn that off in the settings

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Jade Mage posted:

Nope, guess I'll try this. I now have 2 full sets of armour

I have the sword and no immediate intention to use it

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Jade Mage posted:

Apparently darksword is too long, so darkswor

Its down just at the beginning of the catacombs

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Jade Mage posted:

Seriously, thanks codo

I love this game. I love the republic

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'd just like to curse 10,000 Jesus' down on top of those loving pontiff knights.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Marogareh posted:

I'm convinced the thrall axe doesn't exist at this point. I've killed a million of those fuckers and they drop everything but the axe. I just want to Bloodborne it up :negative:

Its funny you posted right after the guy I gave the Dark Sword to yesterday, I also have the thrall axe

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Whats the story on enemy respawning. Haven't seen anything disappear yet except the big one-offs

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I SAY AGAIN do enemies respawn indefinitely?

Also, when you reach Anor Londo! :D :D it seems the two black knights that come from the top of the steps cant cross over the bridge onto the steps/elevator with the lever, meaning you can stand back and cheese them with ranged attacks. Or thats whats happening on my game anyway

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Having trouble with Aldrich until I summoned LuckyDoj of the warriors of sunlight who floated around with no movement animation and was impervious to damage. I dont like cheating.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Tell me I didn't gently caress myself out of that merchant you unlock in Lothric permanently by giving him the bone.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Where do you have to be to activate a covenant? The item is always greyed out for me

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Shindragon posted:

Everyone said jump, I just hugged as much as I can to the left on that bridge and rolled off.

I can hit it fine I just die with fall damage. Haven't tried it since early on though

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You guise made me feel so bad about using coop to beat Aldrich that now I'm gonna solo General Grievous

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

f#a# posted:

I had to Alt+F4 the game because of sub-1fps speeds in Road of Sacrifice after a night of perfect 60fps.

...then Steam showed that I needed to update 10+ games that I've played recently. Uhhh...

Same, though none that are on your list

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Man gently caress those resident evil 5 ouroboros things

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Harrow posted:

Is there anywhere to reliably farm titanite shards? I want to upgrade the Astora Greatsword to give it a shot but I'm out of shards and I won't be able to buy them for another couple areas.

Yes. I just cant remember where...

So busy admiring myself going down the elevator at the beginning of Lothric Castle because ~fashion souls~ I missed the hidden door before the bottom that yields an estus shard as well as a sniper spot for that loving ouroboros thing

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Windows tablets are the only tablets. Anything else is a paperweight

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

a cop posted:

Oh gently caress there's a full red eye orb in this????

Talk to the guy leaning on the middle throne in Firelink. I think he gives you the key? You need a key to enter a lift in the first area, Lothric, where you go down and fight one of those guys who also appear in the swamp.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

All this time I had no idea you can do the back stab thing to their face after breaking their guard. Tell me this is a new thing in this game

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I like taking photos irl. One thing I always loved about these games is the way the camera works that makes for some great screenshots. A dump of some goodies I've got so far.

I love that arrows stay longer now

Spoilered in case anyone hasn't made it to this point yet...

I want to ask how you get over to this bonfire but I know it must be after you do whatever you have to do to make the lever work in the church below. Which I can only assume happens later and isn't something I'm missing?

Love those new age bell witches!

Smough's hammer, or "justice" as my buddy calls it, is so comical to see in action. Cant even see whats in front of me sometimes

~Showdown~~

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Uh. Wat. Spent 10 minutes firing 80 arrows at one of the dragons at Lothric Castle, when one died, so did the other but I got 0 souls.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

If you're like me and wanted the sweet katana from the undead bro outside of Firelink, goad him to the altar door and shoot him with arrows. He won't walk in and you can chump him for his sweet gear.

There seems to be **SPOILER** a lot of enemies you can do this to **SPOILER**

codo27 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 14, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

RedTonic posted:

I haven't gotten the kick to work. Just started out as the assassin. Is it because of the weapon I'm using? Forward + R1 does a quick retreat attack which doesn't break guard. Forward + R2 is just a strong jump attack.

I do it all the time by mistake, its like Scorpion's fuckin scissor takedown

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

ShadowMar posted:

ok apparently there is an umbral ash that lets you buy titanite chunks but i cant find anything about it anywhere online, anyone know

You find these throughout the game in each area and give them to the merchant hag

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've done most of the Grand Archives and I'm now repeatedly failing trying to get up a very large set of stairs with many peons and also red eye knights including a pack of 3 that is giving me the most trouble

a) this isn't the final boss I'm approaching is it?
b) I wont automatically get skipped to NG+ when I do reach and beat the final boss will I?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

One recurring mechanic, if there is an elevator, you can almost surely step out just before reaching bottom to find goodies/secrets

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

SOON, but 1 more without it, but sort of...you need to explore..

Where is it? I'm at what I think is the last boss and haven't found it

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Gonna throw a couple things in here

For heavy 2H builds, after beating Dragonslayer Armour trade his soul for his weapon, upgrade it if you can, it works great against Prince L...I forget the name, just starts with an L thats all I remember

After defeating Dancer and entering Lothric Castle there is an area to the left right after the ladder where you have to kill one of the bigger knights with the bucket helmet and then take an elevator down to a short area, Consumed Kings Garden. When I first went down there I saw a few of those Ouroboros things and said gently caress that, but the area is very short and after the boss there is an illusory wall behind a legit chest leading to a hidden area, Unattended Graves. I only just arrived so I'll comment later on whats there.
Interesting. It appears to be the starting area of the game, just very dark and with different enemies

codo27 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 14, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Routinely having my rear end kicked by Gundyr 2.0. Come watch if you want

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How do I enable the lever at the Sulyvahn bonfire room?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

JordanKai posted:

It's a shortcut that you have to take from the top first.

Ok, is that the bonfire I can see from the bottom of the stairs of the elevator thing at Anor Londo? cause I cant figure out how to get to that either.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Tamayachi posted:

Nah, he's talking about the boss bonfire before that. I just got to the area you're in and got the first bonfire at the top before the giant set of stairs, the other one with all the floating messages is for later I'm sure.

Still have no idea where to go.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

JordanKai posted:

It's much closer than that. Once you get up to the area with all the fire casters just turn around and there will be a doorway leading to some stuff and the shortcut.

You mean the upper level of the church?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Shindragon posted:

Nah these chests are basically like Dark Souls 1, so they can't break.

I like how these games have ruined me such that I think all advice is really a malicious setup