Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jastiger posted:

Well, yeah. I'm trying to kill the boss of a dying world, I don't want to have to deal with some pvp optimized dick hole whose sole existence is to ruin my progress with no risk to themselves. If I lose, I lose my souls and an ember. If they lose..they just Crack another orb. I just feel like there should be a slight risk or cost to invade and a happy reward for me for successfully fending off a dick head.

Play offline or don't ember. Jeez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Melanion posted:

Everyone who continually lists a host's advantages misses an extremely significant invader advantage.

The invader is always prepared for PvP to happen. The host is not. It's entirely possible to go through the entire PvE game with a PvP-unfriendly build (hello sorcery) and have invasions be nothing but frustrating. It's possible to stick yourself in a corner for five minutes so you can go handle the laundry and come back to a lost ember and a level to re-clear. It's possible to be a person who hates PvP and intentionally doesn't summon hordes of friendly phantoms because you'd prefer the PvP segment of your day to be over as soon as humanly possible.

I'm not saying this perfectly balances the invader/host disparity or means PvP should be skewed more toward hosts. But when you're defending invading you should remember that your playstyle is not the only one that exists and calling people whiners for having a different playstyle is pure silliness.

If you're embered you should be prepared and ready for an invasion. That's kind of the point.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jastiger posted:

It should just give me one is what I'm saying. I am saying they should reward players for successfully fending off invaders that's all.

The reward for a successful defense is keeping your health boost and ability to summon.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jastiger posted:

OK everyone disagreeing with me what's your soul level. Ima be invading you forever. :getin:

120ish

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

He hid as a small tree in a group of trees and the invader couldn't find him.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Control Volume posted:

He edited his post to make sense, it had something about dual invaders and puff trees before

Ah ok, the edited version still is barely a coherent thought.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you pre-download all the stuff now, just not unlock it yet?

edit: whoops I thought it came out tomorrow. never mind.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 27, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Did scholar of the first sin fix the stupid 30fps weapon durability bug?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Neat.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The caster part of shrine of amana was stupid and I did not enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I hate the entirety of the dungeon.