Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
That's why I love poisoning spears during that fight. Most people don't run with mosses readily available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Having made about 15 characters (including poo poo like bows only and other super non optimal builds) I'm doing one final run (well for a while anyway). It's a victory lap: Greatshields and greatswords/curved greatswords. Semi quality build with more emphasis on STR. It feels drat good to get back to basics after all those gimmick runs.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Actually bleed and poison infusions are really good now, especially with high luck. Carthus rouge and hollow infusions were nerfed as well. You can make a Bleed Rotten Ghru Dagger that is seriously nasty. It's great because for most weapons with a base poison or bleed value, infusing it with the other type tends to increase the base value as well. So that Ghru Dagger has more poison when infused with bleed than in it's base form. Very neat. Of course I also have a Poison Rotten one with a ridiculous poison value. Procs in a few hits which is easy with daggs.

Rough Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 13, 2017

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Just started playing this. The knights in the first area kick my rear end all the time. Any tips? I'm playing as a light armor dex guy with a katana. Should I be trying to roll around them or parry them? I'm really poo poo at parrying.

Two hand your weapon at just go nuts on them while keeping an eye on your stamina. If they have a shield up in a few hits they'll be guard broken and you can do a critical on them. If not they'll just take a bunch of damage.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

IIRC you also get all your spellcasts replenished after a successful bout of phantoming, so I remember using the small soapstone quite frequently on my pure caster builds.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I gained newfound respect for all the people who link the fire after killing Ludleth and having him respawn. No wonder the Lords of Cinder aren't too keen on doing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

It's the crow knights with that use the quills themselves that are the real pain to fight.