Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Songbearer posted:

None of my characters are optimised for PVP and I tend to lose most straight-up fights but I enjoy getting hit with invasions because I like to give it a drat good try and it's a fun test to see how well I can do (Or how quickly I can die). I don't invade myself at all except for doing red sign Pontiff duels.

That said I feel sorry for all the invaders who regularly have to go up against ganksquads with hosts that run away because I am downright accommodating to my red visitors. I won't estus until they do, I don't ever summon people, I'm always out in the open and ready to fight and if they want to use a gimmick build I'll fight them with one of my own. I'm like the all-inclusive holiday of PVP, but gently caress you if you run over to enemies and expect me to follow you. Respect my hospitality and fight, coward :colbert:

I'm kind of the opposite. If someone invades I'll use every dirty trick to murder their face, because they are dirty invaders. Well, except the gank squad, since I only ever summon up phantoms for bosses. That said, I've been mostly doing the hiding-in-plain-sight thing a lot recently and it's loving hilarious.

It's also hilarious to see people over-relying on parries, because then I can teach them that 2-handed Zweihander attacks can't be parried :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Poise on armor might not work well

So what's the deal with poise now? Is it still disabled for players? And if so, have FROM said just why the hell they did that?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Atreiden posted:

Things I wish From would change.

Barre summoning when invaded, to make people actually equip way of the blue covenant, if they want help with invasions.
Expand the accord so blue sentinels also get help if invaded.
Reintroduce a sin system and give blades of the Dark Moon the ability to invade sinners.

I actually think they should've ditched the Way of the Blue and just had Blue Sentinels automatically join anyone who is invaded while solo. As for the Darkmoon, since the lore says that they hate the Aldrich Faithful, have them join anyone who is invaded by those guys.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
So I came across this large group of bloodstains near the Church bonfire in Irithyll.

That ghost there? All of the bloodstains I checked were of him jumping off. And as I stood there, the ghost ran off the edge too. Whatever floats your boat I guess :iiam:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Section Z posted:

Beating pontif makes you highly likely to be invaded soon after beating it. Like, right outside the door is a highly popular fight club spot, and hackers were frequenting that area. So they are probably killing themselves to get rid of the ember and avoid all that.

Now, if you mean they were killing themselves in the prior church bonfire BEFORE the boss, then I have no loving idea.

I know about the fight club, and yea, I've jumped off a cliff to de-ember since that area is a pain in the arse without 2 invaders. But this was before the boss, and it wasn't several different people, it was all one guy, the guy with the onion helmet.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Happy Hedonist posted:

I like getting invaded and I don't equip way of the blue, but it annoys me when invaders just stand around near monsters waiting for me to get entangled in a pve fight so they can jump in and finish me off. It's been an ongoing theme today while I play my new sorceress. I'm about to start calling the cops.

Sotfs on ps4 is great right now for pvp. Invaders wave and wait for you to clear an area to duel.

That's why you carry a giant seed :colbert:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Earwicker posted:

I've finally had time to start getting into this game a bit!

Question: Running around in some different areas of Road of Sacrifices I swear I've heard the sound of a freight train going past in the distance. there is nothing going on in the game to match that sound, it just seems to play sometimes in different areas of the forest/swamp. whats up with that? I like it..

Did you step foot into the water? Because it's probably the giant enemy crabs with the insane aggro radius coming to murder you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

The zweihander is loving amazing in this.

I've actually found the zweihander and ultra greatswords in general to be fairly crap in DS3, and this is speaking as someone who went through most of DS1 with one. I dunno if it's enemies having faster recovery from hitting a shield or smaller windows of opportunity between enemy attacks or the fact that there's no poise but each of my attempts to use one has ended in YOU DIED. I've even given up on using it on parry-spammers since they just spam sword attacks instead and I get stunlocked. Bit of a shame, since there's some sweet-looking UGSs.