Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Video gaaaaaaaammmmmeeesssss!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
When does this video game unlock on PS4...on EST...

e: vvv video GAAAAAAAAAAAAMES

Bogart fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 11, 2016

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What is wrong with the framerate in this game. That patch better polish things up. Getting count-the-frame FPS in the first non-tutorial section in the bit with all the dead knights.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Herald's spear is just not doing it for me. Any good weapons available at the High Wall? (That said, executioner tip in the round area with all the burning knights: run around him, go right, run up the stairs to where the Ring of Sacrifice jump is, and he'll follow you and fall and you can just plunging attack him. Takes about three plunges.)

Herald's armor sucks, too. :v: I need some drat poise.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 12, 2016

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Does the blue-caped knight in the area with the Way of Blue Covenant-Giver drop anything special? I just got killed on a lucky shot from his stupid buffed sword.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The blue-caped knight near the High Cathedral drops a Refined Gem, in case y'all were wondering. :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It seemed difficult to get a reliable backstab on those Knights, so I just kited them to the door of the cathedral and poked them from there.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That corpse in the throne at the hub is not a corpse. :stare:

e: The fella with the hat who you use the Cell Key for. Where's he end up at the hub?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hey folks. Where is the Miracles vendor located? Just the general location would be fine.

fake edit: In the world, not at Firelink. Also, the Thralls drop Titanite shards, in case anybody else is as needy for them as I am.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This Estus Ring (post-Tower Key item spoiler) doesn't seem to do much compared to not having it on. I need to find some Sublime Bone Ash or whatever. :v:

e: the Master with the Uchigatana isn't too hard to bait if you use something like the Longsword's charged R2. Also, cause the game doesn't really tell you: this game has Bloodborne style R2 charge attacks. The Longsword's is particularly useful because you can use it to dart into that dude's range and then roll out.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I must reiterate this One Weird Swamp tip: spam the Dagger's Quickstep. You never seem to fully run out on magic to stop doing it, so you can shuffle your way through it. Also, for other idiots: they want three specific fires snuffed, not the small fires dotted all around. Don't try to attack them. Fires hurt.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Where do I go after the (boss on a bridge spoiler) Stray Demon after finding the Old Wolf of Farron?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Here's an idea: we use spoiler tags for everything past Farron Keep. Like this: Yhorm the Giant is easy mode for co-oping.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Sun Princess Ring's health regen is pretty great, if y'all haven't tried it. Gives you enough passive regen that you can take a weak hit on the chin without worrying about losing an estus.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
feeble cursed one!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I beat the game. The latter third of the game was super lame to me, with most of the bosses having a similar gimmick. My ending seemed meaningless. Sure, I snuffed out the fire, but even the Keeper says that it comes back. It always does. So I just perpetuated the cycle anew. That's all I feel like saying right now.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Wharf is at least skippable, if you don't care about Lucatiel or Gavlan.

You monster. :colbert:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Let us make a goon covenant to always be Bluebabies so two covenants can actually work.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So what do Purging Stones actually do? Are they just a consumable Untrue Dark Ring so I can look like a normal human without eating a ring slot?

e: Okay. Patches and Sieg. I'm pretty sure this will #guaranteed work. DO NOT BUY THE TOWER KEY OR DO THE SKIP TO GET ON TOP OF FIRELINK. Get to the Settlement, meet Sieg, head up the elevator and chat it up with the giant, who will later skewer giant crabs for you. On the way down on the elevator, you'll hear Sieg HMMM. DS1 Return to Asylum Style, you'll want to get off the elevator halfway to reach an area where Sieg's staring at this bigass Taurus lookin' jerk. Help him fight it, exhaust his dialogue once the demon's dead.

Roll on up to the Cathedral of the Deep. Open the doors, meet Patches, get knocked down by Patches, meet Patches again, forgive him. Once you've opened up all of the Cathedral's shortcuts, Sieg should spawn. He won't be there the first time you pass by the well. Reraise the bridges, open Rosaria's door and hit her bonfire. Head back to Patches, maybe hitting the bonfire once or twice. Buy his armor (his shield might count, also pick up a Shotel for turtly bastards), chuck it down there. Sieg's stoked, thanks you dearly. Now you can buy the Key, and head up the Firelink Tower. Do it 100% by the book, head up the elevator and grab the item at the top. Once you head down, the door will be re-locked, and Patches will laugh at you. Exhaust his dialogue there, then die trying to get the firekeeper's set hop down to the bottom of the Tower. Patches should be in the raised area of Firelink nearby the Tree of Giants. Forgive him again, he'll be unlocked as a merchant. Anything after that, v:v:v

if you REALLY want to be safe, you'll head back to the Shrine after each step to force the world to change.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 3, 2016

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Did they patch out the Sword Master exploit yet for beating that boss early?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I don't know, man, going back to it? Demon's Souls is just a blurry mess. Demon's Souls / DS1 remix coming 2018 PSNeo only.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Someone on PS4 around SL50 throw their drat sign down at the Aldritch Faithful basement because I refuse to fight these loving dogs fairly anymore.

e: complaining on the internet and swearing always works. Carthus Rogue works well on them.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 14, 2016

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

turtlecrunch posted:

awww I just put my sign down

good job anyway :v:

appreciate it bud. :*

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Aldritch can restore his own health? gently caress that.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
While waiting for Sword Master to solo the Dancer is super boring, running through all that late game stuff and just jumping from item to item is a lot of fun.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Aldritch's seems to be okay for whatever reason. I maxed out that covenant easy. It's Blues that have it the worst.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
:negative: Turns out killing Leonhard early doesn't get you his sick sword. Anyone on Ps4, around SL32 if that matters, wanna drop it for me?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's a beautiful dream, but a foolish one. Let Acid Surge go, my friend.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Man, Bloodborne looks so much better than DS3. Just Yharnam in general. Best lookin' city I've seen in a game.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

PleasingFungus posted:

checking to make sure i understand it correctly: offering vertebrae to the altar as a mount maker breaks the lord of hollows questline, but just using the covenant doesn't, right?

You've had some bad info. The only things that really piss off Yuria are killing Anri prematurely, having your Dark Sigils removed, or attacking Yuria. Other than that, you just need to talk to Anri wherever you find them, and deny them knowledge of Horace whenever they ask.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hi somebody tell me what we know about the DLC. Snow?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Salt has a few problems, most of them being bullshit platforming, lovely boss run-ups, and (imo) terrible inventory.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Looked more to me that they were casting Blessed Weapon, unless we're talking different knights.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Maleh-Vor posted:

Different knights. Silver Knights have an R2 attack and several others where they charge their weapons with lightning mid-swing.

Oh, right. The Anor Londo knights, not the Consumed Garden's knights.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Might've taken damage from surviving hollows falling in with you or the tree getting lucky with a smack.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hold off a bit, though. Ds1's great, but it also goes on sale fairly regularly. Or maybe a kind goon will throw you a key. I'm pretty sure it's been on Humble Bundle before.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
opinion zone: Dark Souls 3 is a game where everything is dying and becoming lost within a cycle. We can tell this by how many callbacks there are to DS1 without any actual twists on it. sieg and patches being, for all intents and purposes, the same guy as they were in 1, and Andre literally being Andre. say what you will about ds2, it explored the idea of cycles and took new tries at themes without actually going out and saying !!!THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO GWYN/ANOR LONDO/OBAMACARE!!!!.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
My build is a Pursuer cosplay but it's ruined by his Greatshield being 14 frickin' units, so I just use a tiny shield instead and go for the 'he has like six weapons in his pack so use all of em' aesthetic.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Porcine Shield -- if you're using one of the best weapons in the game, you should have the worst shield in the game to stare at you in deep, silent disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
(Whenever people say POISE ISNT BROKEN I realize their opinions are bad and they are not worth recognizing.)