Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Qmass posted:

any thoughts on when a first play-through should do archdragon peak and the DLCs ?

Save the DLCs until you've gathered all the lords cinders imo. Though running around in the first one for items is totally worth doing ASAP. Archdragon you can do as soon as you unlock it though its end boss is one of the hardest in the game so you can always come back to it later if you get frustrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Imhotep posted:

I don't think it is really? I beat him with a Lothric Knight GS, and another time the Dragonslayer Greataxe, a weapon I never ever use, but he's weak to lightning I think, or idk why I would've used it.

The king of the storm is (as he's a dragon) but the nameless king is resistant to lightning. Which should be obvious as he's Gwyn's son and is constantly blasting lightning everywhere.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Qmass posted:

does painted world have an "end" ? I killed friede and the wolf man down in the ice and now I dunno where else I could go.

The path to the next area is in Friede's room

Assuming you own ringed city?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Amppelix posted:

I have never once accidentally attacked anyone in any souls game

how are people doing it

The one time it happened to me was particularly hilarious in how unlikely it was. Previous play session I'd bought pyromancies and stuff from Quelana and Eingyi. This included Firestorm which I attuned just before quitting at the bonfire near Quelaag's sister. I also happened to leave my pyromancy glove equipped. Next time I sat down to play all it took was a single errant button press and well... RIP Quelaag's sister and Eingyi.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He likes to jump around and the placenta is a really weird weapon with lots of very non standard moves and combos

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm lost in the Ashes DLC. I just beat the Greatwolf boss and don't know where to go next. I've met the two sisters already. One in the upstairs and another one in a cabin in a nearby town.

Keep going past the second sister. You gotta go through some mountains behind her house.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

E: nvm good to see you got it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cougar cub posted:

Majula's music is so utterly devoid of hope and depressing it's a major thing that keeps me away from ds2.

I can honestly say that's the first time I've ever heard that reaction. Majula is unique of all the souls hub areas in that there actually is hope. You spend the whole game gathering together a little community of people to help you and for once almost no one goes crazy or dies. I've always thought the music reflects this theme of one place of peace and hope in a dying world.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

multijoe posted:

No one dies or goes crazy (apart from the shopkeeper I guess) because no one does *anything*, even the blacksmith and titanite lady never interact despite being like ten paces from each other. Everyone's just there to ride out their hollowing dementia in relative peace.

Yeah its nice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Play all souls games all the time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

that duck posted:

The ashes belong to the handmaid's husband, Sirris' grandfather.

Hodrick is Sirris' father. He is probably (but not certainly) the handmaid's son.

Hodrick is explicitly her grandfather.

There's no explicit text in the game as to who the ashes belong to other than someone related to both of them. However it does make more sense to me that it's Sirris's unnamed father as Hodrick doesn't have any relation to Farron, the watchdogs, or the undead legion.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

giZm posted:

If it spins you are using the Storm Curved Sword https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7fo_ScTLWM&t=81s
You want the Storm Ruler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_19JPX7p14o&t=126s

On the one hand it seems profoundly unlikely that Mescal has suddenly plowed ahead far enough to beat the nameless king, chosen to transpose his soul into that sword, and still gotten the two confused.

But on the other hand the storm ruler doesn't spin slash so I dunno wtf.

Unless another player dropped it I guess.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mescal posted:

The guards above the spiral staircase/the big cathedreal boss are pretty challenging. I've got a suspicion that everybody plays until the pontiff and does pvp in that area forever? Am I supposed to duel there until I'm level a million? Nobody puts white summon signs by the bonfire in the sky there

You really just gonna leave us hanging on the storm ruler mystery?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No only DS1 and Bloodborne kick you straight to NG+. In fact in DS3 I'd totally recommend doing the main game final boss before the DLC.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Wait, did I see a post saying that one could resurrect Reah in NG+?

Yeah but I hope you took the pendant and sacrificed it on the altar on your first run or you haven't got a chance.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

side_burned posted:

What level should I before going into Ashes of Ariandel?

I can not make it to the first bonfire before getting wrecked. Everything in there seems likes its either damage sponge with unlimited poise or a combination of Sif and zerg rush.

If you're going in there as soon as it's accessible yeah its gonna be super rough. It's an endgame level area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

side_burned posted:

I am assuming Fromsoft put Gail in an early area as a troll on new players.

I think it's also so that experienced players can run in and grab items and weapons they wanna use for repeat playthroughs early. If you know exactly what you want and where it is you can just run past enemies that are too strong to get it.

But yeah there may be some element of gotcha to it