Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

porkinson posted:

Steam is pushing that stupid controller of theirs with ds3 for 40% off.
Is it good for ds? Any one with any experience with that controller?

It's fine, but it will take some configuring to get it right (until someone else comes up with a good config, then you can just yoink theirs).
I've played through DS1 and 2 using a configuration that allows you to hold your thumb on the outside edge of the touchpad and it'll treat it as if it was a joystick that you've moved to the edge, if that makes sense?

But really, the PS4 controller is the best, and you don't have to piss around with configuring it as much if you aren't interested in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

Rangpur posted:

Oh for--I just realized I spent two points on Luck instead of Faith. Ugggh, I just wanted to try this stupid sword. When's the earliest you can find the respec NPC? (Still puttering around the Undead Settlement fwiw.)

I would say that it really doesn't matter on your first run. Your build is gonna be all over the place. Save worrying about that stuff for the following runs.