Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Just blasted through DS2 NG+ in the last few days to get ready :2bong: Sat on the seat to perpetuate the cycle. Any word if the kb+m controls are similar to DS2's? I was fine with those, though they were less than ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Internet Kraken posted:

I honestly don't get how you can play with a mouse since my problem with it was that there aren't enough buttons on it. If you have one of those fancy mouses with more than 3 buttons that's not an issue but with a regular one it seemed impossible.

Shift and control hotkey with m1 and m2, but yeah its super annoying. Half the time I'd reach over to my arrow keys to swap stuff which has gotten me killed a non-zero amount of times :v:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
As long as there are incredibly stupid weapons with ridiculously stupid movesets I'll be happy

NESguerilla posted:

I can't wait to buy this tomorrow night, play it for 45 minutes, begrudgingly go to bed, and suffer through for the longest, most aloof work day imaginable on Tuesday.

It unlocks an hour after I get home from class and I have tuesday off so ima be slammin it out real good :shepface:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 11, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
God I'm so excited I could hit my dick with a hammer

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Heres hoping my 660 ti can run it moderately well :pray:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
quick brainstorm names to get in AFAP (as fast as possible)

I'm still feeling Hal Birdman but im gonna be using a shortbow

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
FUUUUUCK it wants me to wait 2 hours to unpack :(

E: make that 5 hours

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
This truly is the dark souls of installations

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Restarted, stabilized at 20 minutes :(

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Internet Kraken posted:

Aw I miss him already :(

"You...go home?"

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
ima go back in time and slap my idiot younger self for buying a 1tb HDD thats slow as balls

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

bef posted:

go for that 100~ gig sd/ 1 tb hd setup

My father works at micron so I should get a prototype SSD from him :getin:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Man invading is a lot of fun right now with everyone having 2 or 3 white phantoms with their thumbs up their asses waiting at the top of gay baby tower :11tea:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
big tree boss was cool and fun once I figured it out, a good puzzle fight. But now I'm in creeper woods. With log men and terrifying fast megacrabs. christ

Also, how do I quit the game without alt-f4ing? my brother whos a drat UX designer couldnt figure it out and neither could I

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Gortarius posted:

Any reports on how the co-op/PVP works?

In my experience out of 10 or so invasions, all of them at 2 or more white phantoms, 2 or 3 of them had wonky lag with extendoblades that went about twice as far as they should have, and then one where I couldnt even see the guys invaded and they were cutting me the gently caress up.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
New candidate for saddest character

"She was...already dead...heh..."

That one hit me pretty hard :(

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I got some dual scimitars which are RAD AS FUUUUUUCK to use.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Harrow posted:

Those Corvians in the Road of Sacrifices do not gently caress around.

they see you and are like normies GET OUT! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

unrelated the deathsounds of the common monsters in undead settlement are a little too real.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Songbearer posted:

Time to print some healing!

This seems to be resonating with the people

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
So I got to the ice zone after the crystal sage, and theres a guard dog that murders me instantly, do I need to get gud? or does the doll referenced on the bridge help?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
E:double postarinoooo

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Robo Reagan posted:

So nobody is going to summon purple pals ever, right?

Fun fact! You're not a pal. Its a red sign soapstone basically, only NPCs attack you. Would not recommend.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Funkmaster General posted:

The mound makers covenant is a really cool idea with one major issue keeping it from working in practice: there's no reason for a purple phantom to help the host. In theory, purple phantoms are a mixed bag that can help the host or murder him, act as a white or red phantom, etc. However, the purple phantom gets covenant rewards only for killing the host or killing white/blue phantoms, and gets no benefit for killing regular enemies or even red or other purple phantoms. They also cannot enter fog gates, so they cannot help fight bosses (which would almost negate the purpose anyway since 90% of non-japanese players summon only for boss fights and not full area runs) or do the obvious-but-still-funny thing of killing the host just before they defeat the boss.

In practice it's just a different, albeit cooler, color to take on for invasions, with the added benefit that some players might summon you on their own because they don't know what a purple phantom is or don't realize that you aren't rewarded for doing anything but killing them.

I Believe the benefit to sign invading as a ABSOLUTE MADMAN is that at most itll be a 1v2, since you eat up a friendly phantom slot.

E: Also I got the BREAKDANCE SWORD and it is absolutely :pcgaming:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 13, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Funkmaster General posted:

This is a benefit to purple invaders trying to kill the host, not to ones who want to help them.

Then yes, you have a fair point about not being able to help on bosses. Also summoning randomly on the map (so it seems, ive only sign invaded once) its bupkis.

somewhat related, I got dual scimitars and they punish the gently caress out of people who hide behind shields. I just cut them up through their shield until their stamina breaks, then I continue to flay them. Its loving awesome. Also the attack on it is about 270 degrees, which allows you to kill murder people behind you! Fun stuff

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 13, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I want to give Greirat a hug. Hes so sad :(

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

a lot of people are having that feel when no gf, apparently.

Also I got a bomb as gently caress hex version of fire snake, as well as a move where I throwup a boulder and flatten whatever it hits, v good for slow fatties

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

pthighs posted:

Could someone tell me where to go from Firelink shrine? I can't find anything but the tower, which needs 20k should fit the key. :negative:

You have to sit at the bonfire and teleport out. I had the same problem.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

weekly font posted:

The difference is, according to my friend who did the same as you, you get a new NPC in return and I don't.

Also I was having problems with summoning failing in front of the giant skeleton boss. Is that normal or was I just getting unlucky.

The problem there is that there are MANY people trying to beat him and not enough summons to help. If you put down a sign youll get pulled in before you're done standing up.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Beeez posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I figure asking in the thread for the most recent game makes the most sense. Which Souls game is the best for a beginner to start with? I know they're all difficult, but I would think some are considered better starting points than others. Again, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask.

I find DS2 to be pretty easy compared to this one. cant speak for SotFS though

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Internet Kraken posted:

Aw man, it sound so funny though :(

Its loving hilarious, just hard to land

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
This is truly the dark souls of server connections

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
No...Greirat....I'm so sorry :negative:

Im so sad now

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Your Computer posted:

Holy poo poo this dungeon is the best. It's worse than Tower of Latria. And the jumpscares. The jumpscares!

Fool me once, shame on- OH JESUS gently caress IT HAPPENED AGAIN:gonk:

Got me twice as well. That place is exhausting! Also, have you figured out the gimmick with the jailers? they seem to be some kind of red light green light type deal, but I cant quite figure it out

E: also this badboy kept me alive on 2 estus for about half an hour :haw:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 14, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Eddain posted:

Man ranged weapons are pretty scarce early on.

What's the ideal way to take down Treeballs? I've been phantoming him for a few hours but the host usually dies before we managed to take him down. It just feels like you rarely have a safe time to go in and strike.

Fun fact, in phase one pretty much every time is a safe time to strike

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

NESguerilla posted:

Can someone give me the skinny on equip burden and rolling? I'm having trouble finding anything good on it.

From what I've seen, at 70% you start fat rolling, and from there down its all the same roll, just a little snappier and with more distance.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
next level strats for vordt

https://www.tumblr.com/video/vocaridei-lieza/142148210562/500/

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

(spoilered for special item in the dungeon)
:kimchi:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

TheQat posted:

what the hell, is that your character?

how?

I told you. Special item in the dungeon! :buddy:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Thumbtacks posted:

kill it anyway, they're horrifying

Its an adorable helpless baby :colbert:

Now the loving ripped up spider ladies with 15 thousand legs can burn in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Anyone else having problems invading right now? I need a tongue for a respec but I spent all the loot ones, But every invade times out or I get kicked as soon as I zone in