Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So does this game just desperately hate controllers. It wouldn't take my DS4 natively, I turned on DS4windows with the game already on and replugged and it didn't take that, X'd the game and redid my DS4windows and didn't want it then afterwards either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Etrips posted:

Close everything, boot up DS4windows, go to settings, check the box "hide ds4 controller". Start the game

Ended up finding this elsewhere just a little after asking, controls right as rain now.

10 pages ago I know but thank you regardless. Plus maybe it'll help someone else with this same dumb issue. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Undead Settlement is suddenly crashing the gently caress out on me for no discernible reason, not fun times.

I got most of the way through the area then randomly crashed while in another dude's world, start back up and crash after hitting a few random dudes, restart it one more time and then it crashes moments after walking a few feet.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I sure enjoy the "Framerate issues detected, no online for you, returning to main menu, start the whole program over rear end in a top hat" feature going off real easy sometimes. I get like 50-60 FPS constant for 90% of my play, but sometimes the obvious little stage transition bits (Small bridge that's the only way out of and into X area) will just tank my frames down to powerpoint mode for a minute, not even consistently, sometimes they will and sometimes the very same one won't, then it goes bananas and welp you might as well have crashed game, it would've been quicker.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

What are you referring to by the Demon thing with the sieg ? I'm having trouble placing what this is or if I missed it?

Did you meet up with onionbro 2.0? If yes, the elevator they were by has like a mid-point while going up you can jump off at too, you do that and find them sitting on a ledge lookin at a fuckhuge monster in the near distance that you can run down to fight and they come back you up.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Drang armor is baller as all hell.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Does anyone know how to make the giant tree at firelink drop a seed?

I keep hearing you need to be invaded and win a couple times.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ignimbrite posted:

Crystal Sage, off to the left side of the swamp through some ruins full of hollows.

They're also super piss easy, literally just run up and wail on them continually.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

rear end-Haggis posted:

What in the christ does "Invalid Game Data Detected" mean? Is this some sorta anticheat thing that is angry at me for dying too much or somethin? It's threatening to "Penalize" me and I'm not entirely sure if that is a thing that I'd like to happen without being taken to dinner first.

It thinks you've messed with values somewhere, cheatengine or similar kind of screwing around.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That person that did the bingo card is good. Linky

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'm kinda disappointed we never got a gang of criminals/crazy badasses boss all wearing the hood.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

NVM I'M RETARDED IT WORKS, THE MAGIC FIND BUFF ICON IS THERE. THANKS.

You also get an item find buff for having it slotted. I've just had the thing hangin on my belt while I 2-hand big fuckoff swords and enjoying all the extra drops now. I'm dumb and kept only reading magic buff because it does that too.

Minrad posted:

you both have bad cpus

namaste

It's been acting assy randomly for peeps I know with ridiculous specs, to some level it's gotta be an optimization problem somewhere.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 17, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I really wish the stupid weapon level tier gating didn't exist. I get that twinks are apparently super serious business, but it just seems like it's gonna splinter people really hard after a while.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jose posted:

So I found in irithyll greirats ashes. I take it he's dead now?

Sure is.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jose posted:

what sort of shameful invader doesn't wave at you when they find you

I throw HELLO! carvings personally, that blown out shitcan voice is a thing of beauty.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

e: why do you guys both have pixel anime avatars

I keep getting them occasionally mixed up despite not looking actually similar. Baal and Ruggington too. :arghfist:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

double nine posted:

What am I looking at here? What is inaccurate about this because I know gently caress-all about stats never mind luck.

"more important for most first time players and fir"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Butyraceous posted:

Also those unarmed goat men's'ss' jump attack looks loving stupid.

While helping a guy out I grandslammed one mid-jump with an UGS and an invisible hitbox came down on me anyway with the goatman flat on his rear end.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Farron GS is awesome even just for the L1 alone and I'd recommend it any day over the wolf stance other thing. Even in PvP it's been fun as hell, the L1 slide can really easily just zoom you behind someone turtling and you can proceed to spin all over their back.

Literally styling opponents to death at this point.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Not anymore than I've seen from UGS in general yet, so screw em, I'm gonna abuse this fun thing while I can.

Also there'll always be a huge amount of people who never learn to parry anyway and just prefer to turtle up, so :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm about 10 hours into the game and my game has started crashing within seconds of loading into the world at firelink shrine, what do I do? I've tried lowering all my settings but it hasn't helped.

Make sure lighting in particular is set to low, also wear a full-face helmet when possible. Also try disabling the steam overlay.

Somehow these are the top tips for reducing the frequency of this game exploding.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

JetsGuy posted:

Lost track of how many times I've died and how many different ways I've tried. :/

Iudex has a lot less health than that huge bar makes it out to be, just keep tight to his sides/back and whack away when he's recovering from big ole swings.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Philthy posted:

Is there a ring to wear more stuff? Where it at? I want to wear all the ridiculous looking exile armor.

Havel's ring is another 9 to equip load, which you can make with the soul from that big rear end in a top hat up above the wolf of farron's bonfire.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jeeeeeesus christ, not shown are that the zwei and astora gs also got buffs.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

Haha, hosed this up right? i healed the dark sign and now that londor chick wont sell me her items and she has now vanished. I kinda expected this but still, i didnt even buy any rings or the dark hand off her. Will i get a chance later to buy her stuff or am i hosed until ng+?

If anyone ever says they're gonna buzz off, kill them immediately so you can get their stuff because they're lying about that "We're enemies now bit", they're actually about to dodge you for the rest of the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Every nerf to magic only strengthens my invasion-boner.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kashuno posted:

So far pyromancy is bonkers strong, vs literally every enemy and invader I've dealt with.

Obviously mileage may vary, but I've been watching a bunch of random PvP stuff too and boy does pyro hit like a runaway train sometimes, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

There isn't a major difference between the <30% and <70% rolls.

If I remember right the 30 just goes farther and there's not actually much of a gamey advantage in terms of iframes or anything.

Plus fashionsouls is way too important for me to care about any kind of lame build optimizing, only limit being 70%+.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Thinking of item discovery and whatever, be sure to rock the crystal sage rapier if you're gonna try to farm something up, it gives a ridiculously significant boost to item find as long as it's out, which for me just meant in the left hand 'put away' belt slot while I 2h'd my big main weapon.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Can you get invaded by NPCs while any combination of offline, unembered, after the boss is dead?

Offline yes, dudes like Heysel and stuff can still roll in on you, however you do still need to be embered I think.

Some of the dark phantoms seem to break after boss is killed, some don't, it's just kind of a tossup seemingly right now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Guys, I think Digital_Jesus has developed dementia. :(

But really though I dunno, just nothing at all in 2 clicked for me personally.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't get why people complain about build variety or whatever in bloodborne i'd much prefer a much smaller amount of weapons and types for that level of coolness.

I don't get how people still do the "Bloodborne had so many less weapons!" thing. Like sure on pure numbers I guess, but that's because BB didn't have anywhere near as much of the "Straight sword, but like this. Katana, but with this heavy attack. Spear, but shorter." redundant junk weapons, which I'm pretty cool with throwing in the trash if it means more actual value to every weapon.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you summon a dude dressed as Solaire, complete with weapon and shield, say hello! I'm sunbroing the fight.

Sup cosplay buddy, I never put down summons or invade without wearing a gimmick loadout :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Needs an invisible person using a go-go gadget extendo katana waiting in the back too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

HnK416 posted:

...Huh..after reading item descriptions, it seems that when you find Aldrich, he's currently in the process of devouring Gwyndolin.
:stonk:
What the actual gently caress, game.

He also really liked to eat children.

A top-class guy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Every once in a while I stop and think if maybe my name, Butte, was a bit too up-front tasteless.

Then I see those and figure on second thought everyone deserves a helpful Butte.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Popelmon posted:

I'm pretty new to Dark Souls (finished 2 right before 3 was released, finished 3 and I'm playing 1 now) and I have a question for the veterans: Is it me or is it loving impossible to trigger jump attacks reliably? In all 3 games it has been a gamble if up+RT would actually trigger the jump attack or if it would just launch the normal R2 attack. Or maybe my 360 controller is broken?

It definitely feels a little finicky sometimes, especially compared to the kick which I manage to set off a lot more often than I'd like while trying to jiggle in fights.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Pity there's no Vinland/Velstadt armour this time.

Welp, can't believe I didn't think of that before, hopefully we get some Garl throwback set in DLC somewhere.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Is there any negative to bashing granny upside the head for the early Dancer fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Not really a downside but kind of pointless because Dancer will gently caress you up real bad

As long as it doesn't do anything lame like ruin yet another questline, then I'm willing to take that chance :getin: