Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

codo27 posted:

I like how they never bothered to fix the freezing issue, and it seems worse than ever. Must have happened half a dozen times or more just in reaching firelink just then. A search result said to disable in game overlay, but its already off. This is unplayable.

I just knocked off Gael last night after starting Easter weekend with my high faith Jesus character, I should have checked the thread because the graphic freezeups were loving interminable. I remember the same thing happening the first few months Elden Ring was out and it was nigh unplayable there, but for some reason I just powered through on this one, probably because it was the last Souls game available on PC that I hadn't played.

Foul Fowl posted:

oh yeah and the other really cool thing about the ringed city was that i actually got invaded like three times, and i had no problem finding a human to fight for the halflight fight. pvp in these games is still super fun. i beat two people and got absolutely smoked by this one player.

I got pretty regularly invaded any time I was embered all through the game on PC, and got summoned to get killed by other people's invaders pretty constantly as a blue sentinel.
I was actually relieved when I finally got a round at Halflight where a human DIDN'T get summoned, because I'm terrible at pvp and they thoroughly destroyed me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Last Celebration posted:

It’s cool replaying DS3 after Elden Ring and Sekiro, because a lot of poo poo just plain doesn’t bother me as much. Some of the generic enemies still feel like a bit much in terms of effort, but I’m not really dreading dealing with a lot of stronger ones like I used to, just mildly annoyed when a glowing red eyes giant man with wombo combos shows up. This is still a real good game in general, but I liked it a lot when I played it, which means I remember a lot and kinda wish I could erase my play through of my first run.

The most infuriating enemies for me were the penishead snake men at Archdragon Peak and the thrall guys in the ringed city who can throw lightning bolts and completely ruin your day when you have to dodge multiple of them at once and keep an eye out for those fat Harald fucks who are desperate to pound you into the ground as soon as they get a glimpse of you. The big guys at least telegraph their moves enough that they're easy to dodge or get some distance.

axolotl farmer posted:

Try a rapier for a fast and fun weapon. I really liked the frosty Irithyll rapier that you get from the outrider knight at Lothric Castle.

Big Hat Sage’s soul can be turned into a magic rapier that embiggens item discovery too.

Then there’s the vanilla rapier at the High Wall.

I don't know what I was doing wrong but rapiers in ds3 felt so slow to me. I loved them in ds2 because you could poke someone like it was a prison shiv, but there must have been something different about the way you're supposed to use it in 3 that I never had the patience to get the hang of.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 16, 2024