Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Holy poo poo Anor Londo!

Also spoiler for a tough fight in the same general area that leads to a covenant:

After killing the pope, past the courtyard with the giants and the fire priests, up the stairs and in the building at the end, head left and look for the illusory wall. Down the ladder is this watery place with two demon doggies. They are chumps if you have an upgraded shield to hide behind. Lure the one on the left into the alcove with the ladder and DONT leave that area. Otherwise you may draw the other doggie. All the attacks he launches when you are facing his head are pretty easy to dodge. I just resort to blocking the move where he bites towards his hind legs. That's really the only move of his that gives me trouble, so I just block it. With a 60 stab shield, I had no problems. May take a few tries if you get caught on his legs. Lightning breath = get on his rear end and start pounding :haw:

There's another invasion covenant like the wolf one there, and a bonfire. Useful bonfire because what follows involves a throwback to the most painful area of Dark Souls 1, with 100% more pain!

And spoilers for the painful bit:

DONT STOP RUNNING THERE ARE TWO MORE ARCHERS THIS TIME AND NO PLACE TO HIDE. However, one you reach the top, dive into the recess in the wall and hug the left corner. You're just barely safe from the one archer that can still sort of see you. If you wait for a while they all deaggro and you can 1v1 them bro at your leisure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Hella man.

At firelink there will be a guy leaning against the big throne, he'll give you 5 cracked red orbs. He'll disappear until you get a tongue which can be found in undead settlement, cathedral or from sucessfully killing a host. Then he'll give you a key for the door at the bottom of the tower at the second bonfire on the wall. There's a darkwraith down it who drops the orb.

There was a lot of cursing.

You can snipe one of the thralls off the roof of the building they chill at if you creep around the right while still on the spot where the crossbow assholes chill, and if you immediately retreat back to the rooftops after triggering the thralls there you can usually fight them 1 at a time.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
The swamp wasn't really that bad. The poison doesn't do much damage and moss ain't expensive. You don't have to fight any super nasties on the swampy ground either. Just try to avoid the area with the basilisks

Just, uh, don't underestimate the goats. Namely the stompy ones.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

how the heck do you deal with the two giant crocodile wolf things before the Aldritch Faithful covenant? Even fighting one at a time I get eaten in very short order.

Stay in the alcove with the ladder. Pull the one on the left with a ranged attack, and fight it in that small space. They're a lot easier if you have an upgraded shield. Lothric Knight Shield gets pretty decent stability with upgrades. Honestly, the thing that screwed me up with those dudes is you expect to try and get behind them or underneath them like most enemies of the series, and that loving backwards bite will always destroy you. Their attacks from the front are easier to dodge. Stay in front to bait them and punish. Also you can visceral attack them when they get staggered.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I can't wait to be a huge rear end in a top hat and make a lowbie invader

I'm on the last boss right now. This is the first time I've played through a Souls game unspoiled, and it's been amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I've been trying to co-op Dragonslayer Armor for like half an hour now and half my attempts have been to worlds where the host is floating around and I can't enter, the other half is people summoning 3 players and the boss oneshotting all of us.

This is not jolly at all :sigh:

I had a different problem - the host would try to summon 3+ phantoms, jacking the health of the boss up and making the fight harder than it would be with just one other sunbro