Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Think it's pretty cool they are releasing the same time.

Partly as it works out better for us in the UK but same time is about as fair as you can get in these future steam days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Ok I like the smoothness of my PC version but playing in 1440p on the PC I find the weaker areas of the graphics more noticeable. My instant reaction is 'Oh these edges wouldn't seem so pronounced on the TV/PS4'. Loving it so far but considering picking up a PS4 version today before I get to far in it. Also my PC is making atrocious coil whine with DS3 for some reason which I've not really had before to this extent. :shrug:

Not sure though, my brain is telling me double dipping is a bad idea - and technically it runs smoother on the PC.

First impressions were - as a knight too - oh this is more responsive and I can tell its the same engine as bloodborne but of course a souls not a borne game. Wasn't struggling at all though and wondering if it was just because I'd played the other games or the 60FPS responsiveness I wasn't used too after BB but then one of the worshiping undead on the highwall turned into some big Manus-ey monster thing, which caught me off guard and ended up wrecking me. It was both awesome and hilarious.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The lack of white summon signs is really dispiriting :( It's nothing like the first two games. I've done the first two bosses and I've only seen 1 so far. I see loads of orange messages, player ghosts, red blood spots, etc. But the coop is non-existent compared to day 1 DS1 and DS2.

What version are you playing? On the PC I came across a fair amount

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I'm not going to trawl through the 9K posts I've missed, but have people noted the fact DS1 PC multiplayer has stopped working this last week?

Hoping it is fixed not fair for PC people to be turned off for DS1.