Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

BillmasterCozb posted:

im so close to having all the rings on NG+ though, then I just have to trudge through NG++.

i did not know that there are more havels rings

I sold rings as I got higher versions of them. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Every host I've had who tried to instant kill the wyvern has failed lmao.

Yeah people just seem to think walking off the edge is gonna connect with anything other than the ground, you gotta jump a little bit at least!

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

Ok, I got every NG and NG+ ring

time for NG+++ after I get all the pyros, and miracles :shepicide:

question: If you have the Rosaria's Fingers covenant item, can you summon the Xanthous person, or do you need to have the covenant equipped

You just need to give Rosaria a pale tongue after killing Xanthous person when they invade I think, I was able to summon her while wearing a different covenant.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Hot tip for Mound Makers who think its boring: if you wear the Untrue White Ring people who enter the world after you - say, Sentinels and Sunbros - have no idea you aren't actually a white phantom until something gives you away. Like backstabbing them in the middle of a battle.

I know it probably doesn't, but does it make your sign white if you put it down?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

RatHat posted:

Sadly no.

Dang. Though I suppose the potential for shenanigans would be way too high if it did.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

slev posted:

What if they just didn't build any pit

Well now that's just a silly idea.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Feenix posted:

If I'm a pretty thorough explorer, and I am just walking through the irythill barrier now... how much left do I have?

Quite a bit actually.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Mazed posted:

poo poo, that reminds me. Dual fist weapons. I haven't had stats to check it yet, but is power stancing back? I ask because it seems like otherwise there's a lot of weapons that come in pairs already.

Pardon if this has been asked and answered a million times in this thread already. :v:

Power stancing doesn't seem to be, but I've only tried with one or two weapons. There are specific weapons that are already two weapons that use both when you two-hand them though, and I think all of the fist weapons do this, so you only need to equip one claw and then just two-hand it to be dual wielding claws.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Well this is odd.

If I alt-tab out and just so happen to try and watch a Youtube video about it, the game seems to consider that some kind of cardinal sin and tanks my framerate until I restart.

I've taken to just switching to windowed mode if I ever want to tab out to do anything.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Is that a robed Kaathe statue right next to the Grand Archives bonfire?

Yeah! Those statues are kind of interesting.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Well, it's just one of the generic moustached llama-snake faces, it could be any of them honestly.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

It would make my day if you could save him the third time, because I don't want to feel like a monster every time I want that third upgrade to his stock.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Melanion posted:

I really, really wish this was the case for the other d-pad directions.

I think it works for spells as well. Shame it doesn't work for left or right though...

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I should probably make a character that isn't like level 250 so I can do fightclubs and not be a horrible person in them.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I love the giant crabs. :3:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I found a pretty good message at Pontiff's bonfire.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I've been having a lot of fun with the Cathedral Knight Greatsword, its two-handed moveset is pretty quick for an ultra-greatsword and it does decent damage! It's also just fun running around with a big honking sword.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Syllables posted:

I love the Cathedral Knight's set and Greatsword, but I swear you need to be The Mountain to equip all of the set items. It's not Smough level, but christ.

Yeah all of their stuff is REALLY heavy which is a shame because it looks really good! I just use the sword and some other lighter armour. Their huge mace is pretty rad, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Obligatum VII posted:

I envy their rad exploding light orbs buff. Why wasn't that a miracle, From? or a weapon art? Anything at all?

I think 'trap' style spells are fun. I miss the delayed fireball from DS2. There isn't really anything like it for any of the magic categories in DS3, but they'd all benefit from having a variant of it.

Yeah I think those little bomb things they leave every time they hit the ground are some of the neatest things coming out of a blessed weapon honestly. If nothing else it could have been a neat special weapon art that the mace had or something.