Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
melee first character and caster second character is the way to play dark souls imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Genocyber posted:

defense has a greater effect at mitigating damage than it did in previous games.

I hope that doesn't bode poorly for fashion souls

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
old bed of chaos

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Walrus posted:

So glad I can finally stop trying to enjoy DS2. The iron keep is the single most bullshit area in the entire game. every single other area has bonfires out the rear end, except for this one, which is huge and long and has a ton of bullshit enemies. also it's configured so it's impossible to just run through to the boss door. the boss is pretty easy but just getting to him is such total loving garbage, only exacerbated by the loving belfry bonfire that means you need to run through the bellfry and often get invaded before you can actually even start retrying the level again. oh dont forget the lava buckets that can trap you without warning meaning you need to restart the level also.

just getting this off my chest before it becomes 100% irrelevant.

g

i

t

g

u

d

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I didn't bother reading the OP. Should I buy this game? Is it good? I heard you can hit things with swords.

nah its bad don't buy it. we only like it ironically

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bef posted:

DARK SOULS 3!!!!!!

oh poo poo

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't run this even at the lowest possible settings what the gently caress

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

voltcatfish posted:

Apparently you *have* to be a Knight to not crash?

I picked knight and it took me a couple minutes to get up that hill from the 1 fps 5 spf I was getting but it didn't crash!

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
anyone know when the patch drops so I can actually play this game

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LmaoTheKid posted:

I got instant summoned for the dog. I loving love launch day Souls :3:

I have to say I'm not really a fan of this launch day

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
glad to see host + blue phantom teams are still somehow easier to kill than lone hosts

also what the hell are those flying things above lothric castle

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Monomythian posted:

Ugh, the host being able to summon the same phantoms over and over after you kill them is the worst, theres basically no penalty for them dying.

Casual Souls.

Some dragon invader and I just fought like, twelve phantoms from the same host before he finally went down

I wish I'd gotten a video of that

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you're confused about andre but not patches?

I'm pretty sure creighton shows up as part of some npc's questline as well

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I kind of appreciate the hp reduction for invaders in this game because it reminds us all to stop caring about e-honorable duels or whatever and just kill people however possible

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I couldn't find him either place and it turned out he was over at his merchant spot

he apologized for tricking me, which never happened

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kikkelivelho posted:

With this game it really feels like they already knew early in development what the DLCs were going to be. There's so much stuff that isn't explained that I can only assume that those will appear in the DLCs.

lmao

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are we going to talk about how Ludleth drops a skull ring because I feel that might be important

like look at this description

quote:

One of Courland's transposed wonders. Derived from the soul of a Soulfeeder.

Easier to be detected by enemies.

The Soulfeeder was a beast that insatiably absorbed souls to feed its own power. Even after its accursed corpse was burned, it is said that the pungent stench of souls left the air permanently stained."

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Proposition Joe posted:

I don't think they'll go more into the "Deep" just because Aldrich is such a major presence in the main game and has so many areas devoted to him and his lore already.

No reason the lords of cinder have to be equally important, plus The Deep isn't just Aldrich. It got a lot of buildup and then we didn't go there.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What pyromancies should I use, they all seem kinda meh except the generic fireballs

Also, what spells in general are good

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Genocyber posted:

There's plenty about Aldrich but not the Deep. I mean we don't even ever see the Deep, just the Cathedral devoted to it.

Yeah the only thing from the Deep we see is Aldrich himself, the cathedral of the deep looks mostly like a normal cathedral despite existing to worship undersea eldritch horrors

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the DLC will be some places we've never heard of before that raise more questions while answering none

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So what's the accepted max level range for pvp/co-op? Past level 83 I don't have much reason to put points in any stat

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is poise enabled now? Why the hell can every player today suddenly combo me to death while I'm in the middle of stabbing them for the third time in a row

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I made a pyromancer but I'm really unsatisfied with having like three total pyromancies that I would ever use for any reason, all of which are boringly generic.

Should I respec to sorcerer? I know, it sucks for spell damage, but I mainly used it for cheapass mind tricks that somehow worked on most people in the previous games and at least I could get some actual damage on my weapons from int scaling.

I could just go back to pure melee which seems to be the best in this game but eh, that's boring.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

well ok

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HE'S BACK AND READY TO SLAY

NO MORE MR. JOLLY COOPERATION. HE'S ONE DARK SOUL, BUT HE ALSO KNOWS HOW TO PARTY

SOLAIRE 2: DARK SUN

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

[x]

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
From is kind of astounding in their ability to put together 95% of a game beautifully and then gently caress up the remaining 5% in a way no sane human being would ever manage to

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
here let me help: dark souls 2 was mechanically solid but terribly uninspired.

I feel like the ds2 team was a lot better at learning from/correcting mistakes which is why the dlcs owned so much. ds2 team would've been like "oh poo poo we hosed up poise we'll patch it soon" whereas ds3 team is "haha gently caress you leaving out poise was totally intentional and we're never putting it back"

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
any truth to this https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4l6sbo/dark_souls_3_dlc_confirmed_for_fall_release/

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzJDimvPW1Y

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/dark-souls-iii-first-dlc-launches-october-25-japan

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

turtlecrunch posted:

You step on her head and take the flame from her, then chill in front of the eclipse like a total badass.

Yeah I don't think "total badass" is how I'd describe it, more like you completely lost yourself. You're completely broken and can't do anything but behold the dying flame, unsure of what to even do with it. It's the worst possible ending

Tetracube fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 24, 2016

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VerdantSquire posted:

you realize he literally uses Priscilla's moves and weapons during the fight, right? Plus, hes clearly been established as essentially someone who eats powerful individuals and takes their powers. Aldrich having Priscilla's powers is pretty definitive of her fate - and do you really doubt that Miyazaki would mind killing her off?

I don't know, we know he has weird unexplained dream powers and the lifehunt scythe miracle is pretty clearly a creation of his via said powers. I feel like if he'd eaten Priscilla to gain her powers he would have her actual weapon and abilities like he does Gwyndolin's, instead of deep dream miracle copies or whatever.

"Miyazaki wouldn't mind killing her off" doesn't mean he actually did (or that Aldrich did it)

e: Also for all we know said powers could be from Yorshka, not Priscilla

Tetracube fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 24, 2016

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VerdantSquire posted:

I completely disagree. This is a game series which is famous in part for using game mechanics to imply story. I'm going to be brutally honest - the fact that you can make Lifehunt Scythe out of Aldritch's soul, a character who straight up uses a scythe as his primary weapon (or at least one of his major attacks, but he does use Lifehunt scythe) during the fight with him, and is established as someone who can consume beings to gain their powers, very strongly implies that he ate Priscilla as well. You could claim that there was a peaceful passage of abilities, but consider the people involved in this; Priscilla just seems like the kind of person who wants to be left alone in her own world, and Aldrich is absolutely not a character interested in cultivating long term relationships.

On top of this, a big theme in all of Dark Souls 3 is just the decay and destruction of the world. Ash lake got set on fire and thoroughly destroyed, the Demons are a race on the verge of death, the gods are now all but gone, and this may very well be the last time the fire is linked. The destruction of the painted world (at least as we knew it, depending on what the dlc ends up looking like!) would fit into this theme just fine, and I would doubt that Fromsoft would pass on the opportunity to continue the theme. Hell, the cathedral the painted world used to be in isn't even there anymore, let alone the painted world!

I'm going to be brutally honest: nah

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I feel like we didn't get a good idea of what the dlc world is actually like from that trailer other than "there's snow" so I will reserve judgement

even if it's bad it will probably still be good

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KingSlime posted:

Given that this is Dark Souls 1: The Repeatening, that HAS to be the Painted World for sure, right?

I'm sure it's not the painted world but rather an identical looking place, allowing from to reuse the painted world without actually answering any questions about it

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lakbay posted:

No one is gonna use the new pvp arena if the arena from the artorias dlc was any indication.

or it could be bullshit cheater hell like the ds2 arena

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I mean the reason nobody's pumped for the dlc is because it's a) two months away and b) the trailer revealed almost nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah I think DS3 being made with DS1's engine is its most crippling flaw, they completely disregarded all the positive changes ds2 made for no reason other than "gently caress ds2"