Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there are like massive pools of actual poo poo in this game which is a step above anything in bloodborne i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mailer posted:

So, fun fact, Siegward can totally die in his first enemy encounter and effectively gently caress a few hours of your time. Thanks, wiki.

I mean you really have to try and make that happen

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Toriori posted:

Seek Guidance mentions seeing summon signs without using an ember, is that for real? Can you wind up summoning if you aren't embered?

no, you can just see the summon signs so you know they're there before you waste an ember

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gologle posted:

https://imgur.com/a/olgvn

This is a really good link that someone in this thread put up, so I'm putting it here myself for ease of access for myself. It's really interesting. Some of the stuff is probably unused items that were left out of the final game, while some others may hint at future DLC content. What kind of surprises me is how the NPC faces actually kind of match up with their characters. Irina is blind, Cornyx is old, etc.

i can't believe all of those weapons and armor, what the hell

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ScipioAfro posted:

Does the friendly skellington in the Catacombs do anything? He's got a hat on.

He's not your friend, he's controlling the big skeleball

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hamsterlady posted:

What's the deal with Andre anyway? This game seems like it takes place several generations after the first game, and he's just hanging out here exactly as he was before. He also respawns if you kill him???

he's just around, nbd

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Time to change the thread name back

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Des still has the best messages

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tamayachi posted:

Apparently you can have the shrine to Velka heal your hollowing, but I don't know what the point of that is, other than making it cheaper to remove the Sigil.

Its weird that they patched that in

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CJacobs posted:

I don't think I've seen a single person say this outside of 4chan so you probably should stop hanging out there because it's a cesspool of bad opinions

Hit up our very own ds2 thread

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The guy going "hey maybe it would be cool if hosts got something for winning invasions" and then like 10 dudes jumping down his throat about it lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Yes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Digirat posted:

People harp about dark souls 2 all the time for that elevator but this was incredibly silly and I'm not sure why it doesn't have a similar reputation. You have to do all this to...lower a ladder?

In ds2 you have to travel all over the place and kill the 4 big bosses because you can't crawl over a small pile of rocks

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it was a real hassle on my tonitrus playthrough

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Boy dark souls players sure are big whingy babies

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Polo-Rican posted:

Why is 40% of the dlc trailer shots of the player fighting bosses from the vanilla game? Is there a boss rush feature or something?!

Same reason the bloodborne dlc trailer did it, because you can bring all the new weps and poo poo into the base game.

e: crow ladies looking rough

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There are never any explicit connections so I think it's just the art team doing it for kicks because they know there are thousands of crazies ready to spend hours poring over every single texture looking for clues.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I use ds4windows on win 7 and it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sony's japan studio also had a big part in developing both bb and des. i've heard bb's dlc was pretty much all them though i don't know where that came from