Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
What's the deal with the PC specs? The Steam page lists these as the minimum requirements:

quote:

OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 / AMD® FX-6300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 750 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 7950

while this page (http://www.darksouls.jp/win_spec.html) lists these:

quote:

【OS】
Windows® 7 SP1 日本語 64bit、Windows® 8.1 日本語 64bit、
Windows® 10 日本語 64bit
【CPU】
Intel® Core™ i5 2500 3.3GHz / AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
【メモリ】
8 GB RAM
【グラフィック】
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 Ti グラフィックス カード、ATI Radeon™HD 7950 グラフィックス カード

I only have a dual core processor, so I'm hoping the first ones are right, but I'm more inclined to trust the ones from the official site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Is anybody playing this on a low end system? I have an i3-3220 and an R9 270, which both exceed the minimum requirements on Steam, but I get the impression that a lot of people with better hardware are having problems.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I was worried about performance, but this is actually running pretty well on my mediocre system. But holy poo poo, the new Balder Knights on the high wall are total assholes. They never gave me a problem in DS1, but I feel like I'm walking through mud trying to fight them this time around.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

There's a locked door near the Tower on the Wall bonfire and I can't find the key anywhere. Is it somewhere around here or do I need to come back later? I've already opened the jail cell, so it's not that one.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

The NPC summon for Vordt (King Albert or something?) had a really cool hammer. Can I pick that up anywhere?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Anybody know the general level range for the wolf covenant? I'm in the mid-30s and haven't had any hits in about an hour. All other online stuff works fine, so I know that isn't the problem.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Calaveron posted:

Road of Sacrifice or whatever is kind of overwhelming. Pretty open area and every bit seems to have good rewards, like the baller-rear end Fallen Knight set (is that this game's signature set ala Fluted armor and Elite Knight?), bonfires every couple of feet, and the Stray Demon for Havel's Ring, but I have no idea what I'm working towards.

Same here, I think I've found every exit from that place, but it's so big and samey that I probably missed a ton. Speaking of the Stray Demon, is there anything to do up there other than kill him and clean up the crystal lizards and hollows? It feels like there should be more to that area but it kind of just ends.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Does anyone know when the diminishing returns on certain stats kick in? IIRC in DS2 it was 50 for Vitality and 20 for Endurance.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

If STR is the main stat I'm focusing on, is Heavy usually better than a regular weapon? I don't think I've ever actually infused a weapon in any of these games. Right now all I have is a +4 Claymore and it's starting to feel a little weak in Irithyll and Smouldering Lake.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Are there any rings that are particularly useful for a strength/sword build? As far as I can tell there's no Ring of Blades in this game.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Right now I have access to three late game areas: Untended Graves, Archdrake Peak and the Grand Archives. Should I do these in any particular order? I got obliterated by the boss at UG, so I think I'll probably save that for later. I've only barely poked around the other two.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I think most NPCs call you Champion of Ash at some point.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

For some reason, whenever I warp to a different area now, I get the four little status meters (poison, bleed, frostbite, whatever) popping up on my screen for a few seconds. They all start off slightly full and tick down within seconds of spawning, but I have no idea what's causing it.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Xanderkish posted:

Are you wearing rings that boost resistances or other stats?

Knight's Ring, Chloranthy Ring, Ring of Favor and Prisoner's Chain, so yes, very much so. I guess one of those must be the culprit. I'll do some testing later.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Xenolalia posted:

when the sky changes it changes everywhere except firelink.

Hahaha damnit. When I saw the sky had changed at Lothric Castle, I went back to Firelink to check if it had changed everywhere else because I knew a similar thing happened in Bloodborne. But I guess I never revisited a single other outdoor area before beating the game, so I assumed it hadn't.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

What's a good level to shoot for if I want to park my endgame character for infinite PVP?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I'm bad at piecing together the lore in these games, but I'm really interested in what's going on with the grubs near Rosaria's Bed Chamber, especially the one that only shows up later and drops Heysel's stuff. That whole place gives me major Iosefka's Clinic vibes.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

sandoz posted:

WHEN???? When did this grub show up for you? I am still trying to get the drat Xanthous helm and it is far, far too late to get it from the invader in the Road.

I have no idea what triggers it. It wasn't there when I first got to Rosaria's area and then it was there after I'd beaten the final boss. I don't think I checked any time in between.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

limited posted:

The worst are called Deep Accursed and I've never been truly disturbed by a Dark Souls enemy until I saw these bastards moving.

I've never truly freaked out about a DS enemy before, but there's something about the animation and combination of features. :gonk:

Those guys were spooky but I realllly hated the things you find in Irithyll Dungeon. Apparently they're called Wretches. Definitely the most unsettling enemies I've seen in any of these games, doubly so because the first one I came across was non-hostile and just stared at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

CasualMaleXL posted:

So Dark Souls social networking- what are some of the more popular messages you've left?

My most popular message is "I did it and then visions of master" in the Road of Sacrifices and I honestly have no idea where I left it or what it's even referring to, but it has over 100 votes.