Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I thought the game wasn't out until the 12th? I'm on PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Downloading on PS4 woooooooo

PS4 goons unite

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

So you really only need to up VIT enough so you don't fat roll correct?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

I have read you start naked though. Is this the actual real answer or just the accepted goon starting race?

These jerks are just loving with you. Use whatever you feel like.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

went with a warrior and only died once to the lizard, off to a good start!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Where do I go from firelink? Can't figure it out. I already killed the uchigatana dude

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

I quit after firelink but it looks like you are supposed to fast travel from the bonfire.

Okay. I can't do that yet because my PS4 is still installing something

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I missed the claymore and like half of the first level. Can you farm the Knights by the boss area for shards?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If I'm doing a strength build should I do normal claymore or refined?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How do I get down to the ravine near the tree boss? There's a bunch of loot

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Macintosh HD posted:

There's a locked door in the sewer with the rats.

EDIT:

Here's a longer set of instructions:
Get the Mortician's Ashes. You can find them on that path that's getting nailed by giant arrows. Give the ashes to the shopkeeper in Firelink Shrine. She'll then be able to sell you the key.

Thanks. If I'm doing strength should I use the heavy infusion? I was thinking about going heavy great club

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone else notice the OOB spot in farrons keep where you can cheese the invader?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Farron's keep is the poison from DeS 5-2 with the more annoying enemies from 5-1.

I did get cursed once but it didn't seem to affect anything - am I missing something? I know there is someone that can remove curse in the area you get to with the sewer key.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone comment on the great club?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

TheQat posted:

i summoned an unarmored woman who beat the poo poo out of the abyss watchers using it. seemed solid

Assuming it gets S strength scaling eventually, would there no point in a heavy infusion?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

TheQat posted:

fextralife wiki says that it never reaches S and reaches A only with Heavy. So I think it might be good to do that? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to this stuff http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Club

Ah I'm thinking of the butcher knife

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm at snow town. Any good strength weapons I should look out for? I'm using a heavy great club +6 atm

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is great scythe good for dex in this game? It was awesome in ds1 at least

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The dungeon makes part 1 of latria look like Disneyland. Those loving bitches that reduce your max HP jesus

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

At the Boreal Valley bonfire where you can get the proof of concord kept, what's the deal with that stair going up right next to it? It just leads to a small room with nothing in it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How do you only aggro one of those Aldrich covenant guard dogs?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Orv posted:

You don't!

So how do you beat them?

Edit: I'm a melee only character

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

gently caress nameless king in the second phase jesus

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is yhorms machete any good?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It's basically a straight upgrade from the regular machete, which is already a beast. If you can handle the weight, it's a great strength weapon and a lot of fun to use.

Thanks. The three I'm using are that FUGS and a heavy great club. Anything else I should pick up?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Getting a summon for nameless king requires the quick reflexes of a Korean starcraft player. I wouldn't mind that fight solo nearly as much if I didn't have to go through the dragon phase first every time.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Just finished the game. Really enjoyed it though some of the bosses were much too easy. Finished at level 95.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For pyro weapon infusion, any difference between dark and chaos? Just wondering what would be better for someone with high FAITH and INT. I was also thinking that dark axe you get from the first mimic would be a great starting weapon.

edit: deep battle axe, so maybe not as great

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 18, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Kiln is pretty wild for invasions, at least half the time it's gank squads, and with the dried finger they can have three summons now

Does the dried finger work if you've defeated the boss of an area?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

JetsGuy posted:

Welp after 2.5 hours still can't beat the damned tutorial boss. Going to bed, maybe this game isn't for me.

:(

Make sure you only do one hit and then back off, it helps with defense and for stamina management.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

It is true that a lot of the best stuff is super late. Titanite chunks and other high level materials, certain infusion material, RTSR, hornet ring, BKH, most of the rings that increase various stats, also you have to go into NG+ and ++ to get the best versions of some rings which is kind of silly.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BobTheJanitor posted:

I'm kind of curious to see where the speedrunning community goes with this one. Since it is pretty linear at first, and any build is going to lack something. And the speedrunning favorite ring, the red tearstone, is tucked away deep within Lothric Castle instead of being two minutes from the start like in DS1. And there's no way to farm souls to skip to the end like in DS2. Pretty much have to kill all the lords. Of course, someone will probably discover a bug that lets you roll through a wall and drop straight into the final boss arena. :v:

Using the assassin (?) class that starts with the estoc, because it comes with the spell that negates fall damage - very useful for skipping over parts of levels.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Eonwe posted:

Aldritch faithful best faction

It seems like in NG the best range to get summoned is maybe 50-60? I'm at 95 now and can't get any action.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How do you make the jump to get to the last smouldering lake bonfire? I just can't do it. It's that hallway with the fire slugs

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Einwand posted:

You don't. That hole is too large to jump over and it's meant to make you wonder how to reach it when you see it from the other side. Reaching that bonfire requires you to go through pretty much the whole zone, and it gives you a bonfire that pretty much just exists to be slightly closer to the boss.

I actually did make the jump haha. It was just to get the izalith tome

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Well that would have saved me headaches.

For a Pyro build, is chaos infusion better damage wise than flame of carthus ? I'm using a raw longsword

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Are there better options for Pyro pvp rings than

Chloranthy
Sages
Witches
Swamp or Lloyd's sword

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

This guy does a bunch of challenge runs on twitch. I don't remember how long he spent trying to beat pontiff this way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruEKE4aajgA

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What's a good place to invade using a troll chameleon and firestorm build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

Ugh. Spent 20k souls on this tower ring and for what? An estus ring that doesn't give a tangible benefit, and the fire keeper soul.

I got robbed!

Check the roof