Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

And Tyler Too! posted:

If there's one thing I've learned about PvP these past few days is that if you don't have a bigass 2hander just don't even waste your time. Everyone is packing a bigass 2hander, just hyperarmor your way to an easy win!
Scimitar will run in, hit you, and get out of reach again between 2h swings, while spamming LB to wiggle and taunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

v1ld posted:

So I need to farm these after joining the covenant.
Either farm them in Catacombs of Carthus or get a friend to go purp and summon them via red soap stone.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Mesadoram posted:

I feel like the DS 3 model just made the invasions last too long.
Undead Hunter Charms are your friend.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

If you go talk to Rosaria you will anger Sirris
Respeccing and changing looks is ok, just don't hand in a tongue for the covenant.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Mescal posted:

Uh, Storm Ruler (Yhorm sword) does not charge. I followed instructions and it doesn't charge. It does a spinny attack with L2. What gives?
If it spins you are using the Storm Curved Sword https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7fo_ScTLWM&t=81s
You want the Storm Ruler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_19JPX7p14o&t=126s

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

On the one hand it seems profoundly unlikely that Mescal has suddenly plowed ahead far enough to beat the nameless king, chosen to transpose his soul into that sword, and still gotten the two confused.
Just checked his posts in this thread, and yes, that does seem extremely unlikely now. I'm stumped, we need videos or screenshots.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

DS3 version works everywhere, the Weapon Art consumes FP but doesn't seem to actually require it. You can use the WA even after you've run out of FP.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

DS2 is very much a fun game

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

e: oh no I burned a bone shard at firelink shrine, thinking it would reinforce my estus like the bone dust in 2, but now the bonfire level is 2. Did I just burn a DS2 bonfire ascetic equivalent? lmao
Bones Hard make your Estus heal more, so you're good

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

War Wizard posted:

Ugh.. Farron woods full of sl30 peeps using gear from the ringed city. People really need to chill the gently caress out. My dinky pyromancer is playing for fun, I just want a gank or two against someone picking on crabs. Meanwhile some twink speced perfect for PvP is using password connection to pass down gear from the end game. Calm the gently caress down, dood.
As one of those SL30 twinks the best tip I can give you is to not run at the first person you see and attack blindly. Wait a bit and observe first,
Are all of the enemies dead? Chances are it's a fight club, just BC out. Are the two Exiles at the ladder still alive? Good chance for a solo host coming down from Halfway Fortress.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Something about Road of Sacrifices is twink city. It sucks if you're trying to grind out 10 swordgrass for the Old Wolf curved sword (which is very good) because you are almost never going to get a fair fight. It's always some rear end in a top hat with all statrings and endgame weapons.
The lack of vErTiCaLiTy makes Woods a good fightclub area. Luckily swordgrass is easily farmed from the Keep Ruins bonfire.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

thanked me for killing Yoel
You didn't kill him, just helped him find his true purpose.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Man there's a lot of sad and tragic bosses in this game but Oceiros takes the cake for me. Between murmuring to an invisible crying baby and him smashing it on the ground it's all sorts of hosed up.
Never forget: Babby was visible in the alpha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prownnvrwdo

edit: vvvvvvv lmbo smashed dat reply like a babby

giZm fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 28, 2021

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

PSA: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/n1235k/potential_pc_security_exploit_spreading/

Get Blue Sentinel, use backups, put a spin on your point down.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Fought these two passive clowns for a good while until I realized I could just go for their host downstairs instead...
https://i.imgur.com/ipyKFkb.mp4

Gravity OP

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Imagine finally getting 30 ears after 250 hours of playtime on your SL37 PvP char, only to realize that you screwed up Sirris' quest somewhere around the 5th hour...

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Firebombs are your best tool against those, don't even bother fighting them close-up.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hollowslayer Greatsword
The hyperarmor on that thing is nuts, too. Starts super early in the swings.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1403075319448363010

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

00:56 looks like the discarded Ashes of Ariandel bell
01:06 Pot Mimips!
01:42 Coop? Could be some sort of Call of the Ancients spell/item though

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

GodFish posted:

Which do you all prefer to fight?
Laserbeamguy is way easier to fight, his Super goes in one direction. The Fuckoffmeteorguy is all over the place with his Super. Although I can never remember which to kill first to get Laserguy.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Zesty posted:

Got most of the rest of the covenants done. Except Farron.
Farron is one of the easier ones to grind solo. Keep Ruins bonfire, pop a coin, fight the 3 Ghrus, back to bonfire. Rinse, repeat.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

And sunbro invasions prioritize those two-red-phantoms-at-once worlds.
Oh snap did not know that, thanks for the tip.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

https://media.giphy.com/media/HNLcnQHNal5sguIFwC/giphy.mp4
Hitbox on point

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

vandalism posted:

Reading the DS3 reddit, it appears that there are some nasty hacks going on. Has anyone successfully used the Blue Sentinel mod? I wanna protect myself but I don't wanna get in trouble. I have modded plenty of games before, but never dark souls. It feels like something sacred to me, and therefore I don't touch it. If it saves me from random shitlords, though...
Blue Sentinels is fine, been using it since 04/2021 without any issues. Also you can skip the intro logos with it as a bonus.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What am I looking at here? Those hitboxes look fine to me.
It was actual praise for the hitboxes. My swing made me duck under his swing. Other games would've counted that as a hit for him.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Phobophilia posted:

such are the risks of not locking on while using vertical GSes
Not complaining, I'm simply amazed that the hitboxes are that exact. Also I totally whooped that guy's butt shortly after, yep yep :arghfist::butt:

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

I GOT BACK UP AND PWNED HIM
https://media.giphy.com/media/rf30qXFkpSxrCs0qMO/giphy.mp4
WHOOPED HIM I DID

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Get a Ghru Spear or better yet a Four Pronged Plow for those pesky runners.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Do people usually have an ashen flask or two as a melee character just for the weapon arts?
A Caestus with Simple infusion will slowly regenerate FP over time when equipped, it helps during those long drawn out invasions.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Does Velka Statue give you the option to reset the boss, too? :crossarms:

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

who the gently caress is scraeming "GIT GUD" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never git gud
The irony is that being gud requires just as many R1 presses as the casual DS3 enjoyer.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Sway Grunt posted:

I suppose if an invader feels free to disrupt my PvE experience I should feel free to disrupt their PvP experience by not fighting back.
Invaders are part of PvE as far as I'm concerned. If you don't want to be disrupted by some rude invader don't ember or stay offline. Not fighting back is still miles better than disconnecting though.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

GrossMurpel posted:

I thought you couldn't play online with mods or you get banned? Or is that hilariously outdated info?

A lot of the QoL mods like Blue Sentinels, Honest Merchant, Wex Dust, etc, are done via modloader/.dll, they're safe to use online.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Deep Axe also works.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/607

1) copy HonestMerchant.dll and honestMerchant.ini into the same folder as DarkSoulsIII.exe
2) rename HonestMerchant.dll to dinput8.dll
2a) if you already have a dinput8 based mod, you can rename that file to
otherMod.dll and load it with Honest Merchant in the
honestMerchant.ini file by setting dll=otherMod.dll
3) enjoy

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Once you start Dancer you are forced to beat Lorian first unless you want to get softlo--naa just kidding you can attempt Dancer at any point, doesn't break the rest of the progression. Hell even Lapp will still be there.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Surprisingly it's not poop related.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

For Bloodborne I found dodging towards bosses was way more effective. Backing away seems to get punished a whole lot more.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/yeetomato/status/1442226133030907905?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Shira meme'd on me during my first playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6mSVN4xEsE