Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

bonewitch posted:

doot doot i just beat the final boss

p good game imo

i keep dying to the halberd guy on the high wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

bonewitch posted:

have you tried not dying

i thought that might help but ain't helpin too much

I'm playing this on XB1 and it just feels much weirder with this controller than the DS3/DS4 did for DS1/2 and Bloodborne

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
i spent 35 minutes at the beginning of High Wall without realizing there are stairs down behind the bonfire

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Thoughts on what to level up? I was thinking Dex, Vigor, Endurance, and Luck. I wanna use Dex based weapons this game since I used Strength in DS2

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
oh gently caress the samurai dude at firelink just wrecked me :( I should have known when I saw like, 20 bloodstains right before that staircase.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
"Lizard Ahead" Oh cool one of those little guys that give me materials

OH gently caress NO OH GOD

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Like, holy gently caress how am I supposed to kill this giant demon lizard that bursts out of a dude

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Any tips for a Dex build for beginners? I've never done the more Dex based weapons in any of the other games, opting instead for the Giant Club and such. Any good weapons or armor I should be on the lookout for? I am currently about to beat Vordt.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What does making a weapon "Raw" do?

Nevermind. Figured it out. Definitely don't want to do that.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Haha, holy poo poo this stupid fat preacher thing grabbed me and exploded. Christ.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The onion man and I just killed a giant fire tree lookin' thing? He told me I should have waited instead of trying to attack him. Did I gently caress it up? :(

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
So after fighting fire tree thing in Undead Settlement with Siegward, where am I supposed to go? I climbed around the houses until I got to a tower that the only way out of was down a pit that would have killed me if I jumped it? There's also the big door opposite jug guys and church that is locked. I haven't been able to find out how to get down into the river yet either.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Groovelord Neato posted:

i thought the first time you step on that elevator it brings you down. it's figuring out how to go up that's the trick.

There's a trick to making it go up? I went back there after leveling up after killing jug men and it went up just fine? :confused:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Oh god, I just found a chest that has three notes in front of it that just say "Treasure ahead" and that means there's a 98% chance it's a mimic, right?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Can anyone give me advice on how to kill CRG? I'm using a Fire Uchigatana +2 and have less than 50% equip load. I'm level 25.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I am missing so many things in this game it's not funny. Apparently I completely missed the opportunity to join a faction in Undead Settlement? I just got to Halfway Fortress.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Around when should I be taking Fire off of my Uchigatana? I'm currently sitting at 21 DEX. I don't know if that's a lot for where I am, but I just got to Crucifixion Woods.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Sirris showed up in my Firelink Shrine and now that I killed the CS boss, she's gone? :( How do I get her back?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm in Cathedral of the Deep, and only found the first bonfire in the church, but SOMETHING is causing a large amount of blood loss. No idea what it would be. Any thoughts?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
In Firelink, I found the Illusory Wall that lets me get the Silver Serpent Ring, but I saw a dude with a spear standing just off to the side. Who is he and how do I get to him? Is that the guy who locked me in the tower?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm currently using a Fire Uchigatana +3. I have 21 dex and just finished Cathedral of the Deep (I killed boss there and got a Doll?). Should I switch over to Refined? I've heard Sharp is the way to go if I'm going Dex build, but I don't have one of those gems. :\

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I have a Sharp Stone but the game doesn't even give me the options to upgrade anything to Sharp? Do I have to get past a certain point in the game or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
oh goddamnit i'm in a loving swamp :(

This is the worst part of the game :(