Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah it's pretty cool no region had the game before any others what a well managed release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

I haven't tried magic but I hear it's poo poo. I was thinking of doing a sorcerer run. Is that a bad idea or is it just poo poo in PVP?

It's fine in both once you have 50-60 int. So pyromancy for the early levels (read: all of your first playthrough) as pyro is good from the get go and be sure to get 20int/10fth so that you can cast Chaos Bed Vestiges. It owns.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Perfect Potato posted:

PvP in all these games is a miserable experience in general but I have no idea why you'd be dried fingering just so you can chuck poo poo while your phantom does all the work, then when that phantom dies flail around and disconnect (connection error) the instant you run out of vials and hp (sub 100). When you invade a guy with the name Artorias you kind of expect a little more than that right?

Game is full of players who don't want a fair fight and just frustrate their opponents.

:darksouls:

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I find this game a little easier than bloodborne but it's so nice to be able to switch between a quality character, a pyro, a shield turtle, a wizard with a rapier, etc.

Bloodborne was tight as all get out but I don't want to play fast dodge melee guy 100% of the time.

The difference fighting some bosses with an without a shield alone makes for very different fights for me. I am champing at the bit to replay ds1, 2, and then again 3.

Bloodborne I've played twice and that's enough for it to be played out.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

sector_corrector posted:

Most players need phantoms to make any sort of progress in the game, and have no interest in losing a scarce resource that's their only real way to beat bosses (ember). They don't see invasions as fun, they see them as a roadblock to ever making progress. I don't like it either, but it's understandable given the nature of the game and the influx of new, unskilled players.

Yeah for sure let the noobs phantom up. It's the invaders that can't handle losing a 1v1 and blacksep out when they run out of Estus, or the hosts that sit at the bonfire and just get taxied through.

Victory is pyrrhic when you ignore defeat.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
The dark damage resin is literally "Human Pine Resin." A lot of the dark spells/items hint at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

NTT posted:

The big thing is releasing your thumb from Lstick

I push it up, 12 O'Clock style, and have never had issues.