Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I just hope cdkeys delivers before the unlock so I can preload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Infinity Gaia posted:

As a general rule, basically anything is good in DS3, from early reports. However, it does not have DS2's dual wielding system, so dual wielding is usually relegated to specific dual wielding weaponry, special weapons that have a dual wielding moveset rather than a two-handed one. However, should you still want to, rapier is one of the more solid choices for traditional dual wielding due to having a parry instead of a lovely block when wielded off-hand.

drat it I loved dual wielding cestuses. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man they should put "set lighting to low" in the OP since it seems to stop the crashing for so many people.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I haven't played much Dark Souls pvp, but is there an item that can hide your health? I wailed on a guy and he just didn't seem to take in damage, (chain hits when he dropped down from a ledge) fortunately he was dumb as hell and I managed to trick him into falling to his death.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Not sure if this happened to everybody else, but fighting the giant demon in the mimic room in the catacombs? All I had to do was goad the demon to shoot fire at me while I was at the top of the stairs.

Everytime said demon would chase after me, he'd run up the stairs, and then slowly back himself down the stairs because It was way past his "Aggro" range. It let me sneak in at least three shots to where i'd run back up and rinse and repeat. It took about maybe 4-5 turns of the same thing happening, but it was supremely easy so long as you don't get bored or cocky, and accidentally walk into the one or two skeletons that could spawn.

If you want to make it even safer, jump down and then run past the demon up the stairs, the skeletons will attack the demon for pretty decent damage and you can pepper him with magic/arrows the whole time.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Deacons are my favorite boss to co-op on because they're so helpless you can try out all sorts of wacky stuff. On my sorcerer character I just wade in to the pile and go crazy with the soul greatsword, and Pestilent Mercury works well on the second form because the pope hardly moves so he just sits in the cloud taking continuous damage. It's neat to get a use out of stuff like that since most of the enemies are so mobile they just charge right through it and take minimal damage.

I tried out all my pyromancies on them, god that fight is fun, especially if you're using the executioner's sword.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I tried turning on voice chat with a new character, I listened to one of my phantoms yell excitedly when we killed a purple phantom and I'll never forget his final words in the undead village as we entered that graveyard with the white birch tree, "What the gently caress is-"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sometimes I invade people and just use silence effects to run up behind and then past them, then I dodge their attacks for a bit, followed by running off then repeating, never actually attacking, just startling them. I really enjoy jumping out at them with chameleon/white birches, but it feels kinda mean so maybe I'll start dropping titanite for them to find, then jump out at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Anyone know a fix for blinding phantoms/hosts? I've been trying pvp lately and it's been awfully bright.