Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

put some time in finally. at the swamp with the giant crabs and invaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Embering in the swamp is basically helping out all those poor fucks trying to get the wolf covenant done

please ember in the swamps :negative:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I am dont worry

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah swamps have been pretty good since the patch for running blue sentinels / way of the blue. Either your or someone else gets invaded by the wolf guys, and all they have to do is hold out for a few minutes and then you got a real stew going.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i got double invaded and i had a sunbro there to kill them both for me as i threw my weak pyro fire at them

is there anywhere i can get a loving bow at this point btw? ive got a poo poo crossbow and i wanna be cheap as gently caress and kill giant enemy crabs from safety

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
If you're doing dex the bow of pharis drops in the swamp along with the stupid loving pharis hat. Gotta kill those tree guys to get it though

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i got double invaded and i had a sunbro there to kill them both for me as i threw my weak pyro fire at them

is there anywhere i can get a loving bow at this point btw? ive got a poo poo crossbow and i wanna be cheap as gently caress and kill giant enemy crabs from safety

Standard bow - High Wall of Lothric bonfire, turn right and it's where the monstrosity is
Compound bow - sold by Greirat after his first expedition

There's a boss soul close to midgame that can be changed into a standard bow. Found two greatbows so far, one in Anor Londo and one in the Defiled Kingdom.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ty ebb and kawasaki nun

im not reading any guides or anything so im going in blind and getting destroyed but w/e im having fun

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
boss soul bow is the way to go btw

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FsiX_xkjuQ

best lore vid

also drat this thread is dead as fuuuck

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Considering one dies a lot in a souls game it's appropriate :rimshot:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FsiX_xkjuQ

best lore vid

As a lore sperg for Dark Souls this video is pretty on the nose

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

thats a really good lore vid

i dont care that i spoiled it for myself, it was good enough

also ive been playing diablo 3 so ds3 took a backseat

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

thats a really good lore vid

i dont care that i spoiled it for myself, it was good enough

also ive been playing diablo 3 so ds3 took a backseat

In true Dark Souls fashion the main quest is about 10% of the lore, the other 90% is reading item descriptions and obscure and easy to gently caress up side quests with no clear goal or reward

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Booblord Zagats posted:

In true Dark Souls fashion the main quest is about 10% of the lore, the other 90% is reading item descriptions and obscure and easy to gently caress up side quests with no clear goal or reward

Siegward died to the first encounter because I thought he was invincible and just stood in the distance watching him fight the thing. Then when it was down to a sliver of health I rolled off a ledge and died.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Siegward died to the first encounter because I thought he was invincible and just stood in the distance watching him fight the thing. Then when it was down to a sliver of health I rolled off a ledge and died.

i went into the dungeon before i went to that kitchen where hes brewing estus so it broke his questline, and even though i rescued him from the dungeon later, he didnt show up to help me fight yhorm

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Its an allegory about how no matter what you do your friends will not be around if you keep playing this game.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

From loves their goddamned poison swamps :argh:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gentlemen, i present to you

siegward...

of catarina

:magical:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

john waters let his eyebrows go i see

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gentlemen, i present to you

siegward...

:magical:

MY WIFE!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Marx Souls

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Punchman is still the best gimmick setup. Skeleton beatdown funtimes

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im actually pretty fond of my endgame bossplay

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

skeleton funtimes

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My only major gripes with 3 has to be how lovely hit detection is for arrows fired by the player and those loving serpent men in the Dragonville. Those loving assholes

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

My only major gripes with 3 has to be how lovely hit detection is for arrows fired by the player and those loving serpent men in the Dragonville. Those loving assholes

The ones with the chain axe :shepicide:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

GET OVER HERE

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

They're not as bad as the daggery ones imo. They graze you even once and you're hosed until they stop chain attacking

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

you mean the fact that the hitbox on arrows is actually true to the model now and not a giant loving invisible box around it? so that you can shoot through railings and stuff? :wtc:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

you mean the fact that the hitbox on arrows is actually true to the model now and not a giant loving invisible box around it? so that you can shoot through railings and stuff? :wtc:

Lastnight I was doing my NG+ run through Lothric Castle and for some drat reason the monk guys that heal the knights were not registering any hits to the torso or legs, only to the head and shoulders. The knights were fine anywhere but their arms and the Dragons at the barracks don't take hits anywhere but the head and neck and there's a ton of invisible walls that clip the arrows near corners in the dragon mausoleum so you end up with like 10 arrows just floating in the middle of the room about 3 feet clear of the corner I was trying to fire from cover from

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Also, doing some mild PvP I realized my sword was doing ehhh damage to some people and shredding others, didn't seem to be an issue with their armor or using spells, either. So I started looking it up and realized I was using the Hollowslayer sword, and when it makes contact with anyone that currently has a hollowing level at all, it will do an unmitigatable 50% extra damaged from the base damage, not the damaged dealt initially. Plus the special ability to knock away their shield and get a free riposte had me balls deep in a few people rocking the old "Full Havel"

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Booblord Zagats posted:

Also, doing some mild PvP I realized my sword was doing ehhh damage to some people and shredding others, didn't seem to be an issue with their armor or using spells, either. So I started looking it up and realized I was using the Hollowslayer sword, and when it makes contact with anyone that currently has a hollowing level at all, it will do an unmitigatable 50% extra damaged from the base damage, not the damaged dealt initially. Plus the special ability to knock away their shield and get a free riposte had me balls deep in a few people rocking the old "Full Havel"

I would love to have video or even just audio of their absolute disbelief at being shield broken in full havel. Holy poo poo I bet that was funny.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I would love to have video or even just audio of their absolute disbelief at being shield broken in full havel. Holy poo poo I bet that was funny.

To be fair, all the really good guys in PvP that consistently beat my rear end seem to be going light/medium armor with really quick one handers or dual wields and maybe a little sorcery thrown in. Big and slow doesn't seem to be viable (at least at SL 70ish)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Big and slow telegraphs too much. I like greatswords but the extra bit of speed regular swords give is more viable. And :lol: at using ultra greatswords for PVP.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Big and slow telegraphs too much. I like greatswords but the extra bit of speed regular swords give is more viable. And :lol: at using ultra greatswords for PVP.

Curved Greatswords ain't so bad. Just gotta know your spacing

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the flame attack on the coiled sword is loving sick cuz it catches a lot of nerds offguard, and if you get caught by the initial burst, it knocks you off your feet and you take a second hit while standing back up. its real good to use when someone gets stuck in a long attack animation

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I think I'm getting near the end now, I was at the grand archives when I stopped last night.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

good names there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

This fight was loving awful with the range on punching weapons. Shot his rear end full of arrows instead :laugh:

• Locked thread