Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/funny-burlesque-names/

is the joke that 3 people were involved in writing this poo poo morsel? :chanpop:

i don't think these listicles fit with the tone of the site or the other front page articles and i'd like to see less of them if that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

From what I remember Asterios' articles are usually okay, so i.d.e.k. This was short, not very funny, and felt like someone's half-baked hot take.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/livetweet-baby-airplane/

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/star-trek-novels/

what is going on

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

scott zoloft posted:

is the joke that 3 people were involved in writing this poo poo morsel? :chanpop:

First thing I saw too.

"gently caress, I have to write up a comedy article, everybody come up with three funny names!"

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

"One thing we could riff on is that burlesque dancers are attention-seeking. We would just have to turn that into a joke some how."

"What if one of the names was Trinity St. Attention Seeking?"

"That's why I bring you along, crack writing team from Twitter!"

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This article is 95 words long. if you were to incude the header and footer, they would make up about 20% of the new word count. What more do you people want!?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
asterios went on the same rant when he got on maddox's podcast

in other news, asterios unironically joined maddox's podcast

we got poo poo like, oh,

quote:

Asterios: I'm gonna tell you guys about an actual experience I had with this Burlesque bullshit just last night. Okay?

Maddox: Yeah.

Dick: Okay.

Asterios: So I'm in town because my best friend asked me to be the best man at his wedding. And I accepted, and I planned the perfect bachelor party. Okay? First off. It's Harry Potter themed.

Maddox: Alright. (skeptical) (laughs)

Asterios: It is a Harry Potter themed party. We're all…

Dick: Whose idea was that?

Asterios: Oh, my idea.

(Sound effect: Ding!!)

Dick: Okay.

Asterios: We're all dressed head to toe as wizards. All your favorite wizards. Ron Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Cedric Diggory…(Dick laughs)

Dick: Is this a real thing?!

Asterios: Maddox was there last night!

Maddox: I popped in!

Asterios: He saw it!

Maddox: I saw a bunch of wizards and I'm looking for Asterios, I'm like "Wow, I don't see anyone, I just see these wizards, and all of a sudden, Asterios comes up to me."

Asterios: I turn around and my big fat face is underneath the wizard hat. Hello!!!! Welcome to Gryffindor!! (booming wizard voice) (Maddox laughs)

Maddox: And they did not half-rear end this either.

Asterios: Nope!

Maddox: These were, like, expensive wizard costumes these guys were wearing to this Burlesque club.

Dick: So you were like Dobby.

Asterios: Yeah. The house elf. Exactly.

Maddox: (giggles) Yeah.

Dick: Alright.

Asterios: My plan, by the way, with the wizard costumes, was that the strippers would see the wizard costumes, think we were harmless, and want to go farther. (Maddox laughs) That was my plan with the wizard costumes. (laughing)

Maddox: Wow. See this stealth bomber! That's what Asterios is. He sneaks in…

Asterios: That's right. I'm a loving sniper.

Dick: Did they think you were hiding a bunch of money under these wizard outfits or what?

Asterios: (laughs) Well, one of them grabbed one of our wizard hats and rubbed it between her two legs for a while, so that was pretty cool.

Maddox: Oh, my…wow.

Dick: Alright. That sounds like the worst case scenario.

Asterios: And then put it back on one of our heads with her feet!

Dick: Got worse. I was mistaken.

Asterios: It was pretty good.

Maddox: What are you talking about? That sounds so cool!

Asterios: It was cool, Dick. It was cool for us to dress as wizards and go to a strip club.

Dick: Oh, wow. (scoffs) (Maddox giggles)

Asterios: So. Here's the schedule of events, okay? For my ultimate bachelor party day. 10 AM to 5 PM. Universal Studios. We rode the poo poo out of the movies. (Maddox giggles) All your favorites. The Mummy Returns, Shrek 4D. We went on em all!! (yells) 5 PM to 7 PM. Buca Di Beppo's. (Maddox laughs) We went to Buca Di Beppo's dressed as wizards and ate like kings. Then, on my schedule from 8 PM on, it says "Assorted Strip Clubs". (Maddox giggles)

Dick: 'Cause this was a 13-year-old's birthday party up until this point.

the podcast on a whole is pretty poo poo, i stopped listening to it awhile ago

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 12, 2016

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The thought of Maddox having a podcast is really funny, like it's the sort of thing he would make fun of people for doing, but it also makes perfect sense as I imagine he likes to hear himself talk.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Chairman Capone posted:

The thought of Maddox having a podcast is really funny, like it's the sort of thing he would make fun of people for doing, but it also makes perfect sense as I imagine he likes to hear himself talk.

idk, maddox is actually a pretty cool guy in person, kinda tries to troll internet people by gauging if you have any idea who he is and hate him based on internet, but then is just normal.

but yeah that article really sucked, like in the "gently caress you lowtax, you're paying me and bitched about my not getting stuff to you on time? Heh, deadline met, bitch!" kinda way. It didn't even stick with theme and lifted MRA talking points as a name that "Bella st lol bright colors is a poison signal in nature amirite?" one

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Apr 12, 2016

Augustus
Oct 10, 2004

God damn it.
Five of the names are all [name] St. [problem]

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Asterios is a bad writer.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I liked the horse.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I know some great fart jokes if Lowtax wants to write me a paycheck. Some of them involve the word 'poop.'

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

who the gently caress is asterios and what is his username

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

a hole-y ghost posted:

who the gently caress is asterios and what is his username

This guy I think.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=134623

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
this week's was better 'cause the sparse word count was transferred onto some good trump pics. i don't wanna poo poo on him completely because it's not like i do any writing of my own.

I wouldn't be able to come up with content that fulfills all the funny/original/punctual criterias on a weekly basis.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

scott zoloft posted:

this week's was better 'cause the sparse word count was transferred onto some good trump pics. i don't wanna poo poo on him completely because it's not like i do any writing of my own.

I wouldn't be able to come up with content that fulfills all the funny/original/punctual criterias on a weekly basis.
He had help with this one though, and it still wasn't funny.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Wow, those are some terrible loving articles. Fuckin Spokker was better at this than Buzzfeed St. Halfjoke

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I thought this one was funny.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Oh man, spokker jones, there's a blast from the past.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

That answers my question. I take back what I said.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They're like strippers you don't tip or something, right? Jazz might be involved somehow, I don't know.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Hey! I saw that some of you guys weren't happy with the quality of my writing, and I totally understand. I've been dealing with a cross-country move these past few weeks (selling a ton of furniture, finding a new apartment, drug dealer, etc.) and I honestly haven't had the time that a site as great as this deserves.

I know that a lot of the people criticizing my writing are likely also comedy writers themselves, or people who've always wanted to give writing for the front page a shot. So I'll tell you what: for next Monday's article, I'll publish the funniest originally written piece someone from this thread sends me. I'll obviously give you total credit and the fee.

My email address is asterios.kokkinos@gmail.com. Please include your SA forums username in the article.

Thanks!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i'll take ur challenge u son of a bitch, i'm the best there's ever been

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i'll take your challenge.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

scott zoloft posted:

i'll take your challenge.

Otisburg posted:

i'll take ur challenge u son of a bitch, i'm the best there's ever been

Please do! Looking forward to reading it.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

What would be even funnier is if you posted the bad submissions, to shame them.

I'll take my fee in forum upgrades. :smug:

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

GlitchThief posted:

What would be even funnier is if you posted the bad submissions, to shame them.

I'll take my fee in forum upgrades. :smug:

Eh, that's not really my style of comedy, although that would be funny. I mean honestly, SA's had the same writers for a while now, and I think it'd be cool to expose the audience to some new voices.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Emerald St. I Dye My Hair Stupid Crazy Colors In An Attempt To Warn Potential Sexual Partners I'm Basically Poison Not Unlike A Rainforest Frog

This is literally something MRAs believe

Anyway I'm not going to take the challenge because I'm not funny

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Wanamingo posted:

Ok! That was written by a woman but I hear you.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Asterios posted:

Ok! That was written by a woman but I hear you.

Women can be lovely too but thank you for the quick reply :)

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Wanamingo posted:

Women can be lovely too but thank you for the quick reply :)

Of course! Hope you submit, would love to see your stuff.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
well now we've done it

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/mixed-signals-best/

Those six .jpgs represent the timelessly funny asterios articles we've come to know and love. How much did you get paid to write that?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Coolness Averted posted:

but yeah that article really sucked, like in the "gently caress you lowtax, you're paying me and bitched about my not getting stuff to you on time? Heh, deadline met, bitch!" kinda way. It didn't even stick with theme and lifted MRA talking points as a name that "Bella st lol bright colors is a poison signal in nature amirite?" one

Wanamingo posted:

Wow you two are insanely progressive, moral, and respectful. Have my internet high kudos, goon sires and scholares.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Brannock posted:

Wow you two are insanely progressive, moral, and respectful. Have my internet high kudos, goon sires and scholares.

You sure told them. Keep on going your own way, buddy. :thumbsup:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
so did anyone actually submit an article in response to asterios's "i don't see YOU writing anything better :smug:" bitchpost

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Yeah I think so. Cos there's no way this new article (https://www.somethingawful.com/news/more-tombstone-goofs/) today is Asterios'. It's freaking HY-larious! "Problematic" on a gravestone hahahaha priceless!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Is there anywhere I can see burlesque that isn't "curvy" woman with too many tattoos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

504 posted:

Is there anywhere I can see burlesque that isn't "curvy" woman with too many tattoos?

A strip club, I guess.

I'm curious whether Asterios got any submissions too. The article on tombstones was a loving sequel to a throwaway piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread