Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

a life less posted:

I was chatting with a friend of mine who does more commercial work with her animals than I do. She and her co-workers apparently had 12 days to prep all the behaviours that you see in this commercial -- two of the dogs belong to said friend. Five dogs and a cat performing together with (I think) not a lot of composite shots. Pretty impressive, especially considering the sheer number of animals needing to be directed during the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3TUd5U-CPQ

I like that the cat's part is literally "be a loving rear end in a top hat".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

Cats are really easy to train, it takes more time to overcome the common misconception that cats are aloof idiots that hate everything/need nothing than it does to actually train the cat. I mean that's true with dogs as well, 90% of dog training is just helping humans unlearn all the awful poo poo they think they know about dogs like that they are pack animals or that they have a hierarchy and alphas that dominate etc when that's all utter bullshit.

I agree with this as someone who always ends up training her dumb fuckin cats instead of her dogs. Cats don't want to please for the same reason dogs do. Cats want to get the treat. Overfed cats don't work and that's at least half of the problem. People's cats are fuckin whalish.

• Locked thread