Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be president
Ron Paul
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dead Precedents posted:

:smug: Who's racist now?

Actually, the Republicans were the liberal party till about the 60's.

I'm sorry I broke character, guys.

ALL TAXATION IS THEFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

and by disturbing I of course mean it's disturbing how the Democrats are trying to re-envision history so that THEY were the non racists!

To be fair, being anti-slavery didn't mean you weren't racist. Just that you wanted to Make America Great Again by making more lovely agricultural jobs available for white folks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ron Jeremy posted:

The thing about Trump is that he's actually talking about the things that are affecting white working class people like outsourcing. If Trump weren't such a lovely candidate the GOP would be coasting into the white house this year.

Nobody cares about white people, they're all rich and not the leading demographic on federal assistance.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gianthogweed posted:

Republicans were pretty much always considered the conservative party and Democrats the Liberal Party. But back in the 1800s Liberal and Conservative meant totally different things. Andrew Jackson was considered an ultra-left liberal even though he's pretty much the 1800s equivalent of Donald Trump. Thomas Jefferson, also considered a radical liberal, is like a 1700s version of Ron Paul.

It's hard to imagine early Republicans like Abraham Lincoln and especially radical Republicans like Thaddeus Stevens as conservatives, but most of them were former Whigs (the previous conservative party), and many Democrats felt Republicans, like the Whigs, largely represented wealthy northern industrial interests. Back then conservatism was still associated with big government and the monarchy, and many Republicans (who were the progressives of the 1800s) were very much in favor of expanding government power while Democrats were still mostly classically liberal, opposed to big federal government, and more in favor of local government and states rights.

So it's the switch in the definition of the words "conservative" and "liberal" that has more to do with the party realignment during the progressive era of the 1890s-early 1900s (when the Democrat Party started to become more populist and started to replace the Republicans as the more progressive party). The realignment didn't complete, however, until 1968 with Nixon's infamous Southern Strategy.

Yes. Correct. Now get back in character.

Man, Obummer is trying to make gay queer trans marriage mandatory and we need to take America back from those faggots.

Good thing I'm armed for when the Gay Marriage Police Death Panel come for me! Didn't need any government assistance to buy these guns!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

satanic splash-back posted:

Yowza, this here is a bad post.

Turn in your Conservative Membership Card (your NRA card, obviously) on your way out, pard.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Why are all those black kids making gang signs and posing with money and guns? It's a clear indicator of the erosion of family values.

Furthermore,

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dreddout posted:

The best thing about Hillary winning the election will be the impotent rage of Facebook conservatives.

Haha, you mean Bernie, but it's okay. :)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Stinky_Pete posted:

Ah yes, the one day out of the year when people pay taxes. Who actually waits for the deadline? I just file my return when I get my W-2, and associate "tax season" with getting cashback. Are libertarians so incompetent with finance and payroll forms that they end up owing every tax day?

All taxation is theft.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Libelous Slander posted:

Are there actual bathroom statutes on the books? I always thought facilities were provided as a courtesy and societal norms enforced adherence. We already bend the rules for opposing gender children with a parent in the restroom. Also, when one bathroom becomes unuseable, it is common for the remaining bathroom to automatically become unisex. tbh i've never seen so much focus on bathrooms and genders until the past few years.

I really need to pull myself up by my bootstraps and build myself another bathroom in my house (I don't need to follow liberal building safety codes while doing it either) because my current single unisex bathroom in my house is nothing but a tranny magnet.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

No, that's too moderate and reasonable. You need to be more bombastic and also imply that birth control is the work of Lucifer Morning Star, First of The Fallen.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tricky D posted:

How will what start?

The New World Order not even trying to conceal themselves anymore.

It stings because it's true.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Yes, because it's not as if these rights were fought for or anything like that. Just, one day, the patriarchy just realized the demands of the feminists were reasonable and just gave them the rights.

Correct. ITT we are conservatives owning liberals on Facebook, bee-tee-dubs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah... BIBLE COLLEGE!

:agesilaus::hf::bigtran:

Aralan posted:

Idgi if they were all sheep how come the guy gave the congressman his dog, wouldn't the answer have been wrong even if the count was right

No, see, because LIEberals are loving retarded. I can say that because I'm not PC and we are conservatives owning LIEberals on Facebook ITT.

Tricky D posted:

How do West Germans feel about Lee Greenwood's anthem 'God Bless the USA'?

Who cares about countries we are not currently bombing?

We are conservatives. Owning LIEberals.

On Facebook.

ITT.

:hfive:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bernie has no path to victory and he should unite behind Hillary Clinton for the sake of the nation. :smug:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Profondo Rosso posted:

anime avatar and dumb opinions whoah who woulda thunk it

Hello, yes. ITT we are conservatives owning LIEberals on Facebook.

Tricky D posted:

I wonder what the most conservative solution is for having roughly 30 million unemployable service workers due to automation.

As long as they're minorities. You already know the answer.

There are plenty of jobs for white people in America.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
guys stop breaking character being conservative is a lifelong commitment

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ivor Biggun posted:

Is Obama transgender or a pedophile in this cartoon?

Yes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm ready for Hillary. She best represents my values.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

If I weren't a conservative staying in character at all times I would point out that he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

But, like I said above, Hillary Clinton has a clear path to victory and represents my Republican values.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

InterFaced posted:

As some people get older they just get all gently caress You Got Mine. Its like Alzheimer's. Like Alzheimers, the condition can be cured by smoking lots of weed.

Please stay in character ITT.

Prorat posted:

It's not that, it's that "progressive" liberals are becoming so extreme that their progression and turned into regression. They are insane now. Liberals today are not the same as liberals 10 years ago.

But don't let them know that or you will be called a racist even if the conversation has nothing to do with race or even people.

Haha, yes, excellent.

ur not in char ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I made the mistake of friending a friend of a friend on Facebook who seems to have made it his life's mission to correct me on my evil single payer healthcare-wanting not-dying ways. Hates Trump, but loves Scott Walker and Libertarians. Lives in the suburbs, so he doesn't have to interact with people that are different than him. Really kind of pissing me off.

Sorry for breaking character ITT. I will probably have some real juicy nugs soon.

• Locked thread