Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be president
Ron Paul
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Why don't you open up an economics textbook, young person :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Einstein posted:

LoB already does this gimmick. Get fresh material.

Noting that Clinton can't win the general election is a gimmick now?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

There is no way Donald "You won't see another black president for generations" Trump is not the greater danger. Either by being a completely clueless buffoon, or by being a clever demagogue.

Hey! Read the thread title and get back with the program!

Applewhite posted:

I don't think he's an idiot.

whew!

All these MORANS LIE-beralls thinks that Donald Trump is wrong, but if HE's so wrong about are country, how come your'e RIGHT ideas didn't make any MONAY

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

A liberal and a conservative were walking down the street together when they saw a thug in a hooded sweatshirt coming toward them from the opposite direction,

The conservative wanted to cross to the other side of the street but the liberal said "profiling is wrong, we should give this urban youth the benefit of the doubt."

Sure enough no sooner did they get within arm's reach of the thug than he pulled a knife on the pair and demanded they give him their wallets. The liberal pissed his pants and started to cry before handing over his wallet, but the conservative stood his ground, pulled out his concealed carry pistol and shot the mugger dead on the spot.

"How could you!" cried the ungrateful liberal "don't know know that peace is the answer?"

"I agree, peace is the answer," said the conservative "and thanks to my gun we have it."

"That's a Christian corpse," he wisely replied, "because its eyes are still open."

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

What a smart young man. I bet when it snowed he went out with a shovel and EARNED a qucik buck shoveling neighbors' walks!

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

I bet it's "John"

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
My landlord occasionally sends out e-mails like this to people on his contacts list.

email posted:

Dear Confidence-monger and Fear-monger propagandist; that is, those with a biased self-interest in perpetuating, spinning, and obfuscating simple, straightforward facts with either Alice-in-wonderland, nothing-of-concern-is-going-on, fact-omitting, rose-colored glasses or apocalyptic, the-world-is-going-to-end-as-you-know-it, dooms-day viewpoints, please consider a few objective, altruistic, credible reality-checks from an impartial Reality-monger.

As any financial adviser, as well as the Fed itself, will admit: "The underpinning of our (global) monetary system is 'public confidence.'" Confidence in the system is what keeps it (kinda) plopping along.

Reflect on that a bit.

Is it not rational to surmise that one of their primary, fundamental goals and objectives MUST BE to maintain and not upset that underlying confidence propping up the system by whatever means available to them?

Is it not rational to surmise that whatever any of them do or say should be regarded with suspicion and taken with a grain of salt?

Is it not rational to consider that truth may in fact often be the antithesis of their objective to "maintain public confidence?"

Trust is indeed earned, and yet time again and again, we have been misled, lied to, letdown, swindled by fraud and unethical practices and policies, our concerns marginalized, and yet we continue to allow ourselves to be repeatedly suckered into believing that their words and actions are those of an infallible, trustworthy, only-looking-out-for-your-best-interests, almighty, do-gooder expert.

"Trust us. We have only your best interest at heart."

Um... Yeah, right.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure, that ain't so." - Twain

Then it's just a bunch of links.

headlines posted:

The April Emergency The Fed Doesn't Want You To Know About (video clip)

Dark economic cloud over IMF-World Bank meeting

IMF Downgrades Entire Global Economy

IMF Warns of Global Economy Heading for Another Crisis

Japan Is Approaching Inflection Point; Dollar Strength Could Cause Massive Global Deflationary Wave: Macquarie

BOJ warming to idea of buying more stocks funds: sources

Is Japan ‘Abeggedon’ approaching?

101 Years Of The Income Tax (In 1 Depressing Table)

Insurers warn losses from ObamaCare are unsustainable

Goldman's Blankfein Demands Deepest Cost Cuts in Years

Larry Fink: This is 'biggest crisis' in the world

Deutsche Bank to settle U.S. silver price-fixing litigation

Goldman Sachs to pay $5 billion in U.S. Justice Dept mortgage bond pact

Goldman Sachs Pleads Guilty - Shareholders Pay $5bn to Keep Bankers out of Prison

Bernanke's Former Adviser: "People Would Be Stunned To Know The Extent To Which The Fed Is Privately Owned"

It Begins: Obama Forgives Student Debt of 400,000 Americans (Note: "forgive" is a euphemism for paying-off/bailing-out the private financial institutions with tax-payer money. They still win, we lose, - yet again. The financial institutions themselves made bad and/or fraudulent business decisions. Why should they be given preferential treatment and never allowed to suffer, nor be held accountable, financially, judicially, or otherwise, for the consequences of their own incompetence and/or fraud? Why not let their "businesses" go belly-up, bankrupt? Why not have their executives spend a moment in a courtroom, let alone a day in prison, like any other business that makes bad business decisions and/or commits fraudulent, unethical business practices? The simple, obvious, short answer: Because, most other businesses do not have a quid pro quo relationship with the political and judicial classes.)

SocGen: "Now We Know Why The Fed Desperately Wants To Avoid A Drop In Equity Markets"

Regulators Warn 5 Top Banks They Are Still Too Big to Fail

Band plays on, as global oil glut leaves supertankers in a huge jam

Wells Fargo Profit Falls 5.9% on Higher Loan-Loss Provisions

BofA Misses Estimates on Slump in Deals, Energy Loan Losses

MUST SEE CHART: Death Of Paper Money vs Gold

Size of 28 Global Banks Have Grown Since Crisis [CHART]

Hidden Hinderburgs: US Corporations Pension Funding Gap = $403 Billion, US Public Pensions Funding Gap = $3.4 Trillion

US Retail Sales Tumble Into Recession Territory Driven By Auto Sales Plunge

Five Big Banks' Living Wills Are Rejected by U.S. Regulators

Bail-Ins Are Here: Banks Have Less Than HALF A CENT For Each Dollar (video clip)

I don't know where he gets a lot of his stuff, but he does get a lot of anti-fiat, anti-Fed, anti-fractional-reserve fluff from people who turn out to be selling, rather than buying, gold and silver. I think it's because he has a mortgage that he entered into with his ex-fiancee and is now stuck in?

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 15, 2016

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

CombineThresher posted:

It's amazing how many hateful conservatives are made by relationship issues that they can't get over and project onto everything around them. For all the (accurate) talk about how permanently butthurt the social justice crowd is, these guys are so much worse.

Luckily this guy is pretty benign and quick to say "I only listen to the specific thing I think someone is knowledgeable about and the other stuff doesn't matter" when I bring up some notable quotables about this or that crank that he gets his confirmation bias from. I'm finally going to ask him why the websites talking about how the dollar is going to tank relative to gold and silver, are selling gold and silver rather than buying.

It all started when he linked me to the most benign sites of them all, Peak Prosperity, which has some informative videos about degrowth and our exponentially increasing use of energy and the pressing need to stop depending on liquid fuels, but also applies the same reasoning to inflation, which is misleading because there's no cap on how much currency we can have, and if in 100 years a sandwich costs a hundred dollars, I think we'll manage. The only problem to address there is sticky wages.

But he takes all these narratives from all over and sticks them together to suggest that the Fed is enslaving us with taxes that pay for our national debt and it's "owned by the bank cartel," because banks have to keep a dividend-paying deposit with their regional Fed branch, even though they get no direct voting power form it. And all of this is supposed to come down to "it's such bullshit that they can create loans without giving up money from their profits." But like, they're still on the hook for the actual cash on that loan and it counts toward their reserve ratio. Basically he relies on the concept of the Fed to say that the entire banking system is secretly all the same entity, and if a bank gives a loan the cash should come from their profits.

Oh right, the thread:

MY HARD WORK built the shirt on my back and now THUGS want to take that away? nO

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ah yes, the one day out of the year when people pay taxes. Who actually waits for the deadline? I just file my return when I get my W-2, and associate "tax season" with getting cashback. Are libertarians so incompetent with finance and payroll forms that they end up owing every tax day?

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 18, 2016

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian"

This is when I knew the story was going to be the best possible story.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Pantsuit!

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Oscar Wild posted:

God has 15 minutes to knock our atheistic civil-liberty-minded professor off his box, or else it will be established beyond doubt that God does not exist.

After several minutes of grinding, anxious silence, the marine, alone among the students, can take no more. In silence, he strides up to the professor, punches him in the face, and knocks him out cold.

The marine is already back in his seat when the professor comes to. His indignation cuts immediately through the fog of having been knocked unconscious, and he is pissed. Why, the quite-probably-concussed professor sputters, would the marine do such a thing?

The legend goes that the marine responds: “God was busy protecting America’s military who are out protecting your right to say stupid poo poo like that, so he sent me to fill in.” That is its final line. The story is called Just Filling In. Retweet or share if you believe in heroes.

*removes nose from glass* hmm, yes, a nice Professor/student with notes of Albert Einstein. The oaky marine quality of the punch makes for a nice bloom, and the implication that an all-powerful God can be too busy to do something really brings the flavor together. A+

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Oscar Wild posted:

Is pro life.

Supports chemical castration of welfare moms

um no she shoud just get a job to pay for the babys if she want to have the sex which makes babys (if it is sex which dos not make babys she shuod not do it)

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Xotl posted:

I like how, just with real terrible political copypasta, you can see where people have begun editing it in an attempt to make it funnier/more on point and failed miserably. I can't tell if this makes it better, or worse.

I like reading them like a mad libs, like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmhA1CxUnzc

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Don't get electrocuted by putting your plug in the toilet, trannies :smug:

Not anymore! :magical:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Tricky D posted:

How will what start?

The United States of America outlawing Christians like it always does

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Tarkus posted:

No, but I think it's unfair to paint men as the great enemy to women and their rights.

Right, like how it's unfair to paint Italian Americans as the great enemy to the prohibition effort as well as other Mafia-related things

Oh right the thread, I mean, a wop took my daddy's job which is an AFFRONT to the free market!

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
This should anger you

12 grand a month! Makes my blood boil.

Spread the word as to who to vote for !
This is why people are supporting TRUMP!
From a Florida ER doctor:
I live and work in a state overrun with Illegal's. They make more
money having kids than we earn working full-time.

Today I had a 25-year old with 8 kids - that's right 8, all Illegal
Anchor Babies and she had the nicest nails, cell phone, hand bag, clothing,
etc. She makes about $1,500 monthly for each; you do the math.

I used to say, "We are the dumbest nation on earth," Now I must say
and sadly admit: WE are the dumbest people on earth (that includes ME)
for we Elected the Idiot Ideologues who have passed the Bills that
allow this. Sorry, but we need a Revolution,

If the Illegal Immigrant is over 65, they can apply for SSI and
Medicaid and get more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from

1944 until 2004. She is only getting $791 per month because she was
born in 1924 and there's a 'catch 22' (notch) for her. It is interesting
that the Federal Government provides a single refugee with a
monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an additional
$580 in Social Assistance, for a total of $2,470 a month. This compares to
a single pensioner, who after contributing to the growth and development
of America for 40 to 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum
of $1,012 in Old Age Pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.
Maybe our Pensioners should apply as Refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked
off and maybe get the Refugees cut back to $1,012 and the Pensioners
up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were forced
to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years.

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW
Remember too, that all the Syrian refugees will get the same
benefits.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

What's a "green" party? Is it a bunch of fags painting themselves green? That's the first thing I thought of because I HATE IT SO MUCH

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Somebody explain what this is referencing please?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

>be stereotype
>do anything stereotypical

lol

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Internaut! posted:

like UMass administrators taking money from this unfortunate creature's parents to spend 4 years telling their daughter her problems are all the fault of the boogeyman patriarchy

how can there be a patriarchy, if I, a man, have TAXES

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
You will get a kick out of this.
“We treat this world of ours as though we had a spare in the trunk.”
A cowboy named Dickie was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Montana when suddenly a brand-new 2016 BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust. The driver, a young man in a Brioni ® suit, Gucci® shoes, RayBan® sunglasses and YSL® tie, leaned out the window and asked the
cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

Dickie looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not."

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell® notebook computer, connect it to his Apple i phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo .

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop® and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany...

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Apple iPad® that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL® database through an ODBC connected Excel® spreadsheet with email on his Galaxy S5® and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech,miniaturized HP LaserJet® printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Dickie.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then Dickie says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a Congressman," says Dickie, "for the U.S. Government."

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, “but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars’ worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't
know sh*t about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter.
This is a herd of sheep.”

“Now give me back my dog.”

AND THAT FOLKS IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Aralan posted:

Idgi if they were all sheep how come the guy gave the congressman his dog, wouldn't the answer have been wrong even if the count was right

That's just how confident the wise farmer was that the dumb arrogant liberal would pick the wrong one and accept his challenge as well so that his informative punchline would carry through. A true smart conservative farmer sows his crops and knows how they will come up in advance, you see

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

subhuman filth posted:

want to fill my rectum + colon with it

"Beef" (esque) franks!

In a perfect world there wouldn't be the FDA breathing down our neck and we could label them however we wanted

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

If religion is about controlling people, why do people run the church :smug:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Here's a Liberal women getting "berned" in real life. gently caress yeah, Trump's America is gonna own.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/31888456/tow-truck-owner-bernie-sanders

Sounds like a rational actor using the power of a free market to maximize profit for me. The economy works!

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

My bad. I thought this was the ironic conservative thread.

The normal way I can take 46*27 and find the answer with paper and pencil and not take 5 years to figure it out.

From what I heard Common Core made it easier for people who aren't very good at math to learn math since you write a book to figure out the problem. (I don't think it's a minority thing that was me being an ironic conservative)

It's because the process focuses on why you're doing each step, and what the operation means, in a world where a calculator is in everyone's pocket.

The Light Eternal posted:

Haha that's just a poorly written test question all around. And WTF happened to writing in red pen? The purple marker poo poo looks ridiculous.

Yeah, you're not "making 10," you're getting to 10 "on the way" to 13. It promotes general number sense and the physicist's estimation, of getting to the nearest order of magnitude and working from there.

Except NOBAMA tainted the test questions with his George Soros Jeeeewwwwww magic so the kids ain't learnin's poo poo! Only common core I need is the common width of the core of the rod I beat the stupid outta mah kids with!

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
If liberals hate guns so much, how come they love going to war against christmas? :smug:

war have guns, you see

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

Exactly, that billboard is just a warning to workers to shut the gently caress up or else, at least until MacDonald's can perfect their ordering-system (which they're already testing in stores iirc) and they all lose their jobs

But yeah, put more people out of work. Large numbers of unemployed, desperate people have never done anything significant!

Obviously the most sustainable thing for workers to do is compete with machines by working for 4, no, 2 dollars an hour

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Tricky D posted:

I wonder what the most conservative solution is for having roughly 30 million unemployable service workers due to automation.

"sharing" economy

they "share" their dignity for money

back in my day, young enterprising folks "came out" (can't believe the gays stole that) with shovels when it snowed and

Picnic Princess posted:

Let see the lying sack of shits that run FB claim they don't inject stories yet their own guidelines talk about injecting stories and they admitted they injected stories about ferguson. The head lying sack of poo poo says they don't have a bias yet the guideline states that a story is valid only if 5 of 10 news sources have it, which only 1 non-liberal news source is part of the 10. But then what do you expect from biases lying sack of shits.
really makes you think....... hmmmm............. i wonder if jew's are involved oh wait mark zuckerBERG

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

He thought he could tricked us but NICE TRY

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
If you don't like it you can just move to Porta Rico

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
here are some fine ribbings against the libtard capital

So as not to be outdone by all the redneck, hillbilly, and Texan jokes, you
know you're from California if:
* Your co-worker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.
* You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.
* You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a
conversation in English.
* Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is
named Flower.
* You can't remember. . Is pot illegal?
* You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.
* You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are
grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.
* A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.
* Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.
* Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball
cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really is George Clooney.
* Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
* It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news
station: Storm Watch.
* You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all
busy with their cells or pagers.
* It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour
early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
* Both you and your dog have therapists.
* The Terminator is your governor.
* If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're
here illegally, they want to give you one.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
oh also

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ivor Biggun posted:

Does his plan involve losing the election?

If he loses then it'll be part of his plan to EXPOSE that elections are RIGGED thanks to voter FRAUD

Affirmative action pastors smh

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

We sure offended those liberals, who are notoriously prudish about sex

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
both sides...

except mine :smuggo: